Do you prefer hang out with deaf people or hearing people?

cokewife72

Reaction score
I used hang out with deaf people long time ago. Now I am hanging out with deaf and hearing people both.

Smile

LinuxGold said:
It depends on the condition.
Ditto. Even though I lately have been dating hearing women for some time now. It is hard to find a deaf woman who have 'same' philosophy as I do while it is quite easy to find a hearing woman like that... So, that's one of few reasons why I have been dating some hearing women lately.

Again, as what LinuxGold said, depends on the condition.

i hang out mainly with other deafies and i would meet other hearies altho not very often -- i keep my distance from hearies unless they happen to know signs

Yeah me 2, I used to hang around with more Deaf but now I hang around with more Hearing people....

I like being around Hearing people more than Deaf, is because I got tired of hearing them talk about people behind their back, I rather to hear something about THEM not about someone else....

Hearing people, since I can't sign, just fingerspell :( My parents raised me as oral deaf. I've attended deaf social gatherings a few times. I communicated with them by writing, which was a little tiring.

Both --

I grew up in the hearing neighborhood, where I spend my fun time with hearing kids. They were easy to play with because they're kids. Then, I spend my 7 or 8 hours daily with deaf kids at school. It was like I'm having some sort of a double life, making transitions back and forth. It was perfectly normal for me.

Now, I don't really hang out with deaf right now much because you know how the deaf community is. That doesn't mean I am against it, I am giving them time to cool down before things happens again and again. I am too busy with college and work where I barely get any free times with deafies, but do not take a consideration that I am out of it.

The bottom line is, I'm capable to do both.

It doesn't matter as long as that person and I have a lot in common. It boils down to individuality, not whether he/she can hear or not.

Granted its much easier if he/she can sign due to communication aspect but that's just one aspect of a long lasting friendship.

depends on my moods but most of the time I hang out on my own it is for the best tho.. ;)

i would say both..

i was raised in hearing community, then went to school where there's deaf program at then i become more socially with deafies.. after i graduate i went to college with 3 deaf roommates attending ridgewater that time i'm more with deaf community than hearing community.. only time i spend with hearies while i'm at work.
Now all my roommates graduated i got married then deafies world starting to disappear.

Right now i'm not in college on pending holding till i'm ready to study again (yeah kid blocks me from going to school) am more into hearing world, since make alot of hearing friends from work and meeting through their friends like a circle of friends. and yeah i got hearing girlfriend too. I do still hang with deafies who i trust and the mature ones ;)

so its both, i'll never get rid of deaf community or hearing community i believe its importatnt to have both.

It doesn't matter if they are Deaf or hearing, what matters is the ability to communicate with me clearly and effectively. I don't waste me time with hearies who won't learn ASL or Deafies who have not learned how to listen.

Both, I hang out with hearing and Deaf in through I don't have much deaf friends in my hometown because, I do not go to Deaf Clubs much anymore like I used to long time ago. I have hang out with more hearing people from my jobs, traveling and etc. But, I would love to hang out with some deaf people around the world.:)

cokewife72 said:
I used hang out with deaf people long time ago. Now I am hanging out with deaf and hearing people both.

Smile
I USED TO BE HEARING BUT LOSE MY HERING AT 35 YEARS OLD NOW I AM GETTING TO MEAT DEAF PEOPLE WHICH I FIND VERRY INTERESTING :cheers:
BUT IT GET MORE DIFICULT TO MEAT THE RIGTH PERSONE ...DEAF...OR...HERING

I hang out with both deaf and hearing people....especially if the hearing people knows how to sign. ;)

Both. Just because the Deaf community is too small. In the Hearing world you can play around more freely.

And who can I play poker with if the Deaf people all are on welfare and I keep bustin' em??

I hang out with both...
husband is hearing.. I hang out with his hearing friends.. they come over every sun night to play DnD (Duegon and Dragon)..

I hang out with my deaf friends as well too if I get time.. most of time a good friend of mine Erin stop by here hehe.. she gets bored at home most of time.. I don't mind the company either! It is good for her to get out so she can easy time with healing from csection after her 2nd baby born.. she has 6 weeks left..

Wendy

both of them! i do go out hang with deaf(not that much) cuz of tired of this shyt stabbing and gossip... but i have becareful with it.. and hearing!!!

It depends who I am hanging out with.. I do enjoy to hang out with my friends who are both deaf and hearing..

Back