do u ever keep a promise to a guy or girl?

saxxykitty78

Reaction score
ah.. I ain't gonna start with mine cuz i learned a lesson never promise some1 cuz it was goin to be broken anyways... what about u guys? I'm wonderin if u can offer me advices here? :(

I only make prombise that i know for sure i'll keep it that way :D and i never break it :P

yea i did that many time but now i learned not do that cuz of they wasted my time!! so not worth to say keep promise.. nah!!! :roll:

Make an available to promise, if there's a room for it. :)

funnycat78 said:
interesting.. not many reply to my thread.. I guess I'm hated here :squint:

psh, dont say that.. There's always downtime with AD, especially since the weather is getting warmer.

I, like Deafscuba, do not make promises I cannot keep. So all the promises I do say, I keep. Its like that song by John Michael Montgomery "I can love you like that" .... it says

"I never make a promise
I dont intent to keep,
so when I say forever
forever's what I mean"

:)

I figure if your word isn't your bond, your'e shit outta luck in the trust department.........

I don't make Promises, Unless I keep it. My Son's Father Made A lot of Promises to my son and he breaks every one of them and it does nothing to my son but makes him sad in a way you can say he losing Trust into his own father...It Does disappointing me. :(

I do make promises but it's usually only when I know I can keep it. If it's unrealistic, then don't make a promise you can't follow up on.

You could start trying to make a little promise and see if you can do it or not. If not, then it's hopeless *shaking head*

pinkster-

eh.. I'm just in bad mood.. cuz it is something related to a promise I broke and it possible will be a loss if I lost a friend like I knew that person for almost 6 years online :roll: really.. I screwed up cuz just cuz I promised that person I won't drink but eh.. I started again.. but ah I don't drink that often as u guys think I wud but.. I should stay away from drinks whenever I go out. :ugh:

Last edited:
when i make promises i make sure i keep them!

ive had exs who just promise promise and keep breaking them so now i dont waste my time with them -- theyre not worth the trouble! and besides the way i look at it -- if a person is unable to keep a promise then they would be harder to trust unless the promise was expected to be broken by person due to emergency that had come up and is unable to keep that promise is when i would let that slide and do a raincheck (if its related to events and a person says "i promise ill be there")

Cheri said:
I don't make Promises, Unless I keep it. My Son's Father Made A lot of Promises to my son and he breaks every one of them and it does nothing to my son but makes him sad in a way you can say he losing Trust into his own father...It Does disappointing me. :(

Same with my two older kids. Their father made too many promised and broke too many of them Until My husband came into our life and then One day Kayla asked Lance if He would take her for a walk to the Pond to have some swim someday Lance said He could make a promise on the day she would like to do as she can pick out the day and time.. Kayla choice "thursday, after school" which would be 3 45 pm.. My husband (at the time then-boyfriend) came over at 3 30 PM to get himself ready.. and then got kayla off the bus, they came in the house Kayla's face was all soo thrill and exciting. She ran to her room changed into swimsuit, beach shoes grabbed towel then came to me. I looked at her my heart was thumping a little harder and was soo extremely happy for her because Lance did kept promise for her.. He took her there I almost cried because it was her first "promised" that wasn't broken.. when He came back He saw my face and said what's matter so I told him what was it..
He said that He does NOT believe in telling kids a promise.. If you know you can make it or do it then make promise, if you don't know if you can do it or not then don't make any promise!! He adores my kids and He eventually adopted my two kids on June 17, 2003!

Wendy

I've made a lot of promises only not to be able to keep them because the other person wouldn't let me or do his/her part. There was one gal who needed me to show up so I could help her with her art project. I promised her that I would and I did show up. She thought I wouldn't show up so she didn't show up. Boy, what a waste of my time. I don't understand people these days. :crazy:

Promise is another uneasy word along with "forgive".

My two sons were little. They packed their clothes in the suitcase and waited out the window to look for their Dad. He never showed up in past two weekends. They were deeply hurting in their feels. They made something for their Father from their school for the Father’s Day. They were extremely emotional and said; “Dad never made us any promise to take me to the Toy R Us to buying them Nintani Turtle toys”. It broke my heart because they were looking forward to seeing their Dad. He never called or showed up.

Their father manipulated them. He was in the hospital. Blah blah blah … My older son found a condom in his Dad’s suitcase. He approached me, what is that. I found a hotel receipt where he did stay at the hotel in Maine that weekend. My older son was very angry with his Dad because he lied to him since he was little kid.

He was teenager. We went to CVS. He pointed his finger at the condoms on the tracks. He said, oh my Dad used that with other women. His Dad is more fascinated with women than him. I said, hey… you are very lucky to have me as Mom. I always be there for you. No matter what… My boyfriend always is there for him.

My two sons realize that my boyfriend always be there for them even he is not their biology father. We admire Andrew a lot.

Their biology father always broke promise. My sons never trust their Dad ever again. :mad2: They disown their father since 1999! It is not fair for my sons because it cause their psychological suffer being not trust with anyone who makes the promise…

promises

i only make promises i know for sure i can keep...if there is even a chance i can't keep it...i don't make it. so i've never had problems with keeping promises.

I only promise unless I know for sure that I will hold on to it. If not, then I dont make the promise. Like in a common statement, use ur head and follow your heart. :D

Back