Didn't you know....?

Maddie wants the SpongeBob Squarepants edition Operation game - I say HECK no - too many little pieces to keep up with plus she's only 4 so it is certaintly not age appropriate.

Im going to buy mom a nice framed chicken print at Hobby Lobby, she collects all things chicken or related to.

I may find dad a book about fly fishing if I can find one as well as some fly fishing related things.

My brother, I have no idea so I may just get him a $50 giftcard to Wal-Mart.

For my DD - Im buying her a new bed to sleep on complete with a princess bed set.

As for myself - I have no idea what I want - probably some new clothes from American Eagle.

And I dread going to wal-mart this weekend but I have to, I hate going to wal-mart during the holiday season, it is so crowded in there and people are usually very rude.

I want a new BMW wrapped in a bow sitting in my driveway on Christmas morning, is that too much to ask.:fingersx:

It is a love and hate thing for me. I love the Christmas lights and the joy of giving and receiving. Spending time with families. But I hate how things have been becoming to commercial. It start to feel obligate to give your friends' and their kids. Even you own extended family when you have only this amount of budget. It is no fun in that when you are in budget wise. If only.. If only I was rich or hit the lotto. Then I wouldn't complain so much. lol

I have to agree with FairMerl - I hate the commercialization of Christmas.

Whatever happened to the festiveness where the family could all sit in the living room together, chatting and catching up on the past year and make plans for the new year.

I remember a time when Christmas was less about the things you had to buy and the amount of money you had to shell out and more to do with decorating trees, and going to my grandmothers for Christmas dinner and getting to play with my cousins Ive not seen in 6 months to a year depending on their financial ability to come visit from Oklahoma.

Yes I am looking forward to it because it is time for my Christmas holiday in Africa too!!!

Changed of plan, I am not going to Africa, but will go to Queensland's Gold Coast on the 2nd January for the Australian Deaf Games. I will go there on my own - hiring a plane, hotel and a car!!!!

Changed of plan, I am not going to Africa, but will go to Queensland's Gold Coast on the 2nd January for the Australian Deaf Games. I will go there on my own - hiring a plane, hotel and a car!!!!

Wow, that's a nifty plan!! I hope the ADG goes well though. I have done half of christmas shopping already whilst I am currently in Melbourne!! The reason is to attend the VCOD conference.

Heading home tomorrow.

Wow, that's a nifty plan!! I hope the ADG goes well though. I have done half of christmas shopping already whilst I am currently in Melbourne!! The reason is to attend the VCOD conference.

Heading home tomorrow.

Yep! I will only see ADG for few days and more sightseeing!

I went to another one to support my Deaf Club's Moonlight Dinner and Dance yesterday, half of my friends went to VCOD's Dinner and Dance.

Weather here is very hot since yesterday and will continue this week too. Have a good trip back to the capital city!

I am ready for xmas like always! :D

I am saving some money for presents already. :)

OMG...so soon? Oh boyeee! Thanksgiving came at us so fast and so soon after Halloween so I am sure Christmas will do the same too.

Yep! I will only see ADG for few days and more sightseeing!

I went to another one to support my Deaf Club's Moonlight Dinner and Dance yesterday, half of my friends went to VCOD's Dinner and Dance.

Weather here is very hot since yesterday and will continue this week too. Have a good trip back to the capital city!

Gee, I was wondering if the tables are half empty! ;)

I am now back in Canberra, after a interesting, busy weekend in Melbourne!

I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. I don't even know what anyone wants.

I've been out of town for 8 years, so when I ask my parents what they want... they say, "You're here. That's all I want."

I guess I'm saving money this way. :)

I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. I don't even know what anyone wants.

I've been out of town for 8 years, so when I ask my parents what they want... they say, "You're here. That's all I want."

I guess I'm saving money this way. :)

Well this time, it looks like you're getting them presents this christmas ;)

I have to agree with FairMerl - I hate the commercialization of Christmas.

Whatever happened to the festiveness where the family could all sit in the living room together, chatting and catching up on the past year and make plans for the new year.

I remember a time when Christmas was less about the things you had to buy and the amount of money you had to shell out and more to do with decorating trees, and going to my grandmothers for Christmas dinner and getting to play with my cousins Ive not seen in 6 months to a year depending on their financial ability to come visit from Oklahoma.

For them to come over for the christmas celebration - it is definitely worth it. ;)

In this world of shorter and shorter sentences with more and more abbreviated words, thanks to those with the courtesy to call the holiday "Christmas," and not "x-mas."

I made scones for everyone at work the other day. BTW scones put me in my winter/Christmas mood, so we all had a scone party to welcome winter and Christmas season. ;)

Doug I have to ask - what is a scone?? It sounds like something bad, lol.

Doug I have to ask - what is a scone?? It sounds like something bad, lol.

Scones looks like this and it is food!

scones.jpg

Yum!

I make scones just out of bread dough. I raise dough, then pull out almost flat and then fry them....mmm...so good! good with honey butter especially.

it looks like a buttermilk biscuit with whipped cream and jelly to me. Looks good though but alas off limits with my diet. :(

No, it is not. It is dough baked from the oven and spread with strawberry jam and some whipped up cream.... delicious.

Back