Detroit files for bankruptcy

He was frustrated with Foxrac so that's too bad, I guess.

You misunderstood. I meant it's too bad for TXgolfer that Foxrac was not understanding what TXgolfer was saying.

Although I have to wonder if Foxrac was just giving him a hard time cause how can anybody not understand what TXgolfer was trying to say?

This happened on a flight getting ready to

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

depart for Detroit . Bob was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

“What’s the matter?” Bob asked.

“I’ve been transferred to Detroit , there are crazy people there. They’ve got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate in the nation.”

Bob replied, “I’ve lived in Detroit all my life. It’s not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, and enroll your kids in a nice private school. It’s as safe a place as anywhere in the world.”

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, “Oh, thank you. I’ve been worried to death. But if you live there and say it’s OK, I’ll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?”

“I’m a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck.”

You misunderstood. I meant it's too bad for TXgolfer that Foxrac was not understanding what TXgolfer was saying.

Although I have to wonder if Foxrac was just giving him a hard time cause how can anybody not understand what TXgolfer was trying to say?
Bullshit! TXgolfer can ignore him if Foxrac still doesn't get it. You know that.

I think that ranking might change this year.

Yup.

In 2012, Chicago amassed 506 counts of homicide, making it the country's murder capital. While murders in the windy city have dropped drastically since the 1990s (By comparison, there were 943 homicides in the city in 1992) 2013's statistics are already troubling. There were 43 murders in Chicago in January alone. What will this mean for the rest of the year?

The homicide rate in Chicago received widespread media coverage last summer after 152 deaths occurred between June and August, leaving the city and its leaders under scrutiny as the nation waited for someone to take action.The death of Hadiya Pendleton, an honor student who performed at President Obama's inauguration and was killed just a week later, proves that action has yet to come.

Pendleton's murder, while devastating, has yielded an important outcry for a discussion on gun control. President Obama rose to the challenge, addressing the growing gun violence in the city, and the need for more restrictive laws. Just hours after the conclusion of his speech at Chicago's Hyde Park Career Academy, 18-year-old Janay McFarlane, whose younger sister attends the school and was present for the speech, was killed after being shot in the head.

Chicago's murder rate may not be a revelation, but it's a problem that can no longer be ignored. If decisive action isn't taken, 2013's homicide rate may exceed last year's already staggering number. Here are ten reasons why.

10 Reasons Chicago's Murder Rate May Rise in 2013 | Complex

Are those 10 deadliest cities where the majority of the residents are black people? One of them is Newark, NJ. I know it very well.

Most of them are, exception for Oakland is very mixed.

Newark is most black and latino.

Newark... I avoid it at all cost. I only go there for airport... which seems like the only safest place in Newark. sad.

Newark... I avoid it at all cost. I only go there for airport... which seems like the only safest place in Newark. sad.

Yes, I have same feeling for Birmingham.

I have went through the bad area as commute to university.

Safest area is Downtown, Southside (UAB), Highland Park, Montclair and some part of Crestwood. The airport is located in bad neighborhood.

I was stop at near Great Depression era housing projects and I saw black man tried to open my car (I locked it), but I went zoom and run the red light. :roll:

Also, all area are pretty unsafe at night due to robbing.

Yes, not surprised, Michigan has constitutional protection on pension.

§ 24 Public pension plans and retirement systems, obligation.
Sec. 24. The accrued financial benefits of each pension plan and retirement system of the state and its political subdivisions shall be a contractual obligation thereof which shall not be diminished or impaired thereby.

Financial benefits, annual funding.
Financial benefits arising on account of service rendered in each fiscal year shall be funded during that year and such funding shall not be used for financing unfunded accrued liabilities.
History: Const. 1963, Art. IX, § 24, Eff. Jan. 1, 1964.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(g01nfu45hhee4a45zg2cmuul))/documents/mcl/pdf/mcl-Article-IX-24.pdf

It will be extremely complicated when file for bankruptcy.

It is insane. I don't think she understand the numbers at all. Of course there are a lot of politics at play here that we can't discuss, but just judging by her statements she is clueless.

The number doesn't matter - the court ruling is strictly based on the state constitution and Michigan has constitution protection on pension.

The state law, or state constitution can be used to influence on federal bankruptcy.

It means voters in Michigan will have to repeal the constitutional protection - I don't think it will be successful.

Other option, the federal court have to nullify the state constitution.

The pension fight may end up in US Supreme Court.

Back