Detroit files for bankruptcy

Umm, I love Chicago. It is my favorite city in the U.S. Try again.

If you love Chicago so you wouldn't give a biased opinion as you stated above.

I have seen a lot of biased opinion about Chicago, especially people from sunbelt cities, especially LA.

Chicago will be like Detroit by 2017? That's laughable statement.

That's pension problem only, but it doesn't affect ALL part of Chicago's economy system. There are many people have jobs in Chicago.

The economy in US is so slow and the unemployment won't go down to pre-recession until around decade or longer. When economy in US is improving and the unemployment in most big cities will go down.

That's pension problem only, but it doesn't affect ALL part of Chicago's economy system. There are many people have jobs in Chicago.

The economy in US is so slow and the unemployment won't go down to pre-recession until around decade or longer. When economy in US is improving and the unemployment in most big cities will go down.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

In past, many private companies used to offer pension but not anymore because of expensive and possibility other reason.

When they eliminate the pension so 401k was only option.

In our state, they still offer pension to teachers in public school and public universities. I don't understand about why people polarized the pension in liberal cities, such as Detroit, Chicago, SF, NYC, etc but they didn't focus on our state pension.

This article is from last year and is written by Chicago's Deputy Mayor.

He was just explained why, that it.

Chicago has mixed of good news and bad news on economy and they are too far from reaching the Detroit level. No way for advanced cities, especially Chicago and NYC to be on par as Detroit.

He was just explained why, that it.

Chicago has mixed of good news and bad news on economy and they are too far from reaching the Detroit level. No way for advanced cities, especially Chicago and NYC to be on par as Detroit.

:lol: Noted.

Chicago is much bigger and they have diverse tax base, also they had rebound after few decades of decline, unlike Detroit did.

Like in earlier post, I said Chicago has some financial problem, especially pension and budget so it didn't cause mass businesses to flee the city and they are very advanced when compare to Detroit.

It is right wing to say Chicago will be end up like Detroit, but I don't take it.

It means your opinion is noted.

Why are you noted my opinion? You have problem with memory?

I never note any posts and sometime, I do remember about what members say.

I don't understand about what are you saying. :dunno:

That's your biased opinion. :ugh:

There is no wrong with Chicago and many people live in Chicago, especially they have jobs. If I find a new job in Chicago, so I have to move as well. :roll:
I thought it was the murder capitol of America.

Back