Deleting Posts?

Deaf258 said:
Oh, remember SilenceGold? He got mad at us and started deleting all of his posts. I think you should reconsider, and let the mods do the deleting.

I'm more concerned about having the basic function of deleting. Let somebody delete his or her posts whenever they want to. There'll always be somebody doing that, and I know somebody who did the same thing SG did in another forum. *shrug* there's always one in every crowd. No reason to let one rotten apple in the cart ruin it for the rest of us.

I still haven't heard an explanation why the deleting option was really removed, and if we will get it back again. I think I will ask Alex by PM now. :D

One Thread I saw that the Picture was removed and everyone making posts and I never saw this Thread before and the Picture that was suppose to be Up for the Thread is Removed.. U know how can we know what this thread is all about when someone has to Removed a Picture that goes with the thread if they do not want the Thread anymore removed the whole thing not just the Picture It confused Everyone... Just because Not everyone is going to Agree with ur Thread that doesnt mean u have the Right to remove the Picture and Leave the Thread up? That does not make no Sense to me... :confused:

Deaf258 said:
I understand that, but it would be a big mess if a user gets mad at AD and delete all his/her own posts?

I would say I agree with Deaf258....because, when I quote someone's post and that someone already deleted it...then another person comes in that thread and read it they will get confused what I am talking about and etc....so to let the mods do it wouldn't cause any confusing in any threads if someone decide to remove their post for some reason.....

Sometimes people get upset and remove all their posts and then quit...then it will mess up the whole thread...Just my opinion :ily:

In fact, in the recent weeks, I had a big confusion because there were some posts deleted. I wondered who did it and was upset about it. It turned out that the administrator did it, not the members themselves.

ahh i wondered abt that i saw some posting was deleted, i sure would like to know why tho, and as far as im concerned some postings should be deleted if it was * dead* but other than that i think its a good idea t o let US the member handle the deleting i know i facked up a couple of times and did deleted the post the one time i inadverently posted and someone else BEAT me to it at the same time HAHAHA soooo that's alright. it was merged on my requested, but still let us members handle our own deleting of posts, and we do use self moderations like kootchie posted in the General discussion. its real simple to do that. :)

The deletion option has been temporarily disabled until the all deleted threads/posts are erased from the database. I've seen many good threads/posts being deleted leaving a huge mess behind.

See, when you delete a thread or post, it is not physically removed from the database. It is "soft" deleted and is left scattered around for the Moderators to read and manage. This can be a hassle if the deletion feature is being abused, and the moderators have to go about and delete threads/posts to keep AllDeaf as clean as possible.

However, I plan to bring back the deletion option as soon as the moderators and I finish cleaning up the mess. It won't be long, I promise.

Since I don't know where to post my comments in thread and I decide to pick this thread for my post in. But, anyways I want to ask this WHY some of you don't read carefully when Cheri posted her thread "USA.... Right or Wrong" under the ON-TOPIC DEBATE ? And, some of you were callin' me names just because you think that I know it all ? Some of you were not payin' attention to WHY I debated in Cheri's thread, "USA... Right or Wrong". She posted it under the ON-TOPIC DEBATE which it means it stated underlinin' the "on-topic debate" sayin' "clashin' opinions on a particular topic. This is not the place for off-topic discussions". And, now some of you are tryin' to confused others includin' me, just because of WHERE Cheri posted her in. And, someone moved some posts to another new topic in my name without my knowledge (USA & GOD). Once someone moved posts to separated other's thread, it will make no sense because no one understands what it talks about... relatin' to WHAT when new ADers arrive to read all posts.

Am I wrong to debate in any thread to where there is stated "On-topic debate" ? Am I eliminated from it, except to other threads to where I can not debate due to "off-topic" ?

To make it clear for you, I am just sayin' that my posts in Cheri's thread "USA... Right or Wrong" were all for my opinions, because I can not pick ONE issue to explain it, because of other things were involved in one issue as well (for example: Vampy's post is really a good example when it mentioned "Globalization".) It's why I didn't make it clear for you to understand in the first place. There were so MANY things involved... for example: It could be the religion itself that caused the USA aheadin' toward the dangerous path.... or it could be Hollywood that caused that... or whateva... you could name it. It's why I pick "religion" over that, but then, I realized that it caused some of you mad at me and wanted me to shut up about it.

Sorry for causin' you mad at me ...

Cyber, this is the wrong place to post, and ur wrong in what u had said abt cheri, shes a sweet girl and ur attacking her for no reason, thats enuff please, if u have a plm with this use the common sense of using a PM and not in a long winded posting like this ok??? She has the eright to post what she wants and its not abt the debate in all aspect its the way ur basing it on!

CyberRed said:
Since I don't know where to post my comments in thread and I decide to pick this thread for my post in. But, anyways I want to ask this WHY some of you don't read carefully when Cheri posted her thread "USA.... Right or Wrong" under the ON-TOPIC DEBATE ? And, some of you were callin' me names just because you think that I know it all ? Some of you were not payin' attention to WHY I debated in Cheri's thread, "USA... Right or Wrong". She posted it under the ON-TOPIC DEBATE which it means it stated underlinin' the "on-topic debate" sayin' "clashin' opinions on a particular topic. This is not the place for off-topic discussions". And, now some of you are tryin' to confused others includin' me, just because of WHERE Cheri posted her in. And, someone moved some posts to another new topic in my name without my knowledge (USA & GOD). Once someone moved posts to separated other's thread, it will make no sense because no one understands what it talks about... relatin' to WHAT when new ADers arrive to read all posts.

Am I wrong to debate in any thread to where there is stated "On-topic debate" ? Am I eliminated from it, except to other threads to where I can not debate due to "off-topic" ?

To make it clear for you, I am just sayin' that my posts in Cheri's thread "USA... Right or Wrong" were all for my opinions, because I can not pick ONE issue to explain it, because of other things were involved in one issue as well (for example: Vampy's post is really a good example when it mentioned "Globalization".) It's why I didn't make it clear for you to understand in the first place. There were so MANY things involved... for example: It could be the religion itself that caused the USA aheadin' toward the dangerous path.... or it could be Hollywood that caused that... or whateva... you could name it. It's why I pick "religion" over that, but then, I realized that it caused some of you mad at me and wanted me to shut up about it.

Sorry for causin' you mad at me ...

you may debate whatever you want to talk about the issues. i have no problems with it, but i dont like you still mention 'jesus' or whatever. it's annoyed me. Let leave religious behind. please. if you still want comment about it, go to "believe in god' thread. Thank you.

javapride said:
Cyber, this is the wrong place to post, and ur wrong in what u had said abt cheri, shes a sweet girl and ur attacking her for no reason, thats enuff please, if u have a plm with this use the common sense of using a PM and not in a long winded posting like this ok??? She has the eright to post what she wants and its not abt the debate in all aspect its the way ur basing it on!

Javapride, I totally understand. It was never intented to attack her when her question comes to discussion. And, of course she has the right to post. I am speakin' of the forum itself when it was posted in "On-topic Debate". That's where it got me confused. That's all.

LUNZ said:
you may debate whatever you want to talk about the issues. i have no problems with it, but i dont like you still mention 'jesus' or whatever. it's annoyed me. Let leave religious behind. please. if you still want comment about it, go to "believe in god' thread. Thank you.

Ok, no problem.

Cyber red... May I say something Please?

OK I Understand what u are saying but. I made a thread under Debates cuz some people like Bush and they might will disagree with what the USA is going down hill while President Bush is the President. There are some Posts are related to Religious and That is Not necessary for that. Because like we said before we do not like the fact religious and Government to be mixed. It cause the Thread to be locked or removed. That is One thing I do not want that to happen to my thread. I just want a respectful thread which people have normal disagree and agree. There were a few posts in my thread of 'USA right or wrong' Off topic which should not be in part of that thread.. . If you want to talk about Religious make a new thread for yourself and discuss that. But I do not want it in my thread I feel there are going to be argument just like the Bush Thread that kuifje75 Locked. And U can see why he locked it cuz too much Arguements were made.

I feel like u want my thread to be Locked for a reason and I would be more happy if U try to ignore some Post that U may feel offended That would make the Argument Stop right there. But if u keep going at it then it will never stop until You do. Posting the Same thing makes it annoying. I learned that From VamPryoX. I know I can make Annoying Posts myself when I repeat things.

Cheri said:
Cyber red... May I say something Please?

OK I Understand what u are saying but. I made a thread under Debates cuz some people like Bush and they might will disagree with what the USA is going down hill while President Bush is the President. There are some Posts are related to Religious and That is Not necessary for that. Because like we said before we do not like the fact religious and Government to be mixed. It cause the Thread to be locked or removed. That is One thing I do not want that to happen to my thread. I just want a respectful thread which people have normal disagree and agree. There were a few posts in my thread of 'USA right or wrong' Off topic which should not be in part of that thread.. . If you want to talk about Religious make a new thread for yourself and discuss that. But I do not want it in my thread I feel there are going to be argument just like the Bush Thread that kuifje75 Locked. And U can see why he locked it cuz too much Arguements were made.

I feel like u want my thread to be Locked for a reason and I would be more happy if U try to ignore some Post that U may feel offended That would make the Argument Stop right there. But if u keep going at it then it will never stop until You do. Posting the Same thing makes it annoying. I learned that From VamPryoX. I know I can make Annoying Posts myself when I repeat things.
WHOA!!! GO GURL FOR IT!!! i agree with u!!!! u had allright to spoke in thead and tell everyone what u say!!!

Well, i did noticed that some of my postings have been deleted and i was like
what the dickens happened to my post?..so if i understand right, does the mods do the deleting if they think some posts are not fit to be read by others? or what??? Maybe i said some things that was not appropriate? if i did, then i apologize! but cant you at least let me know what i said was wrong? thanks!

Defee,

I encourage the moderators to inform the member when their post(s) has been deleted, moved or edited.

In some cases, however, a moderator would take such action without informing the member, that is if they intentionally violated the forum rules after being asked not to do it again.

If you really want to know what happened to your posts, please PM me and provide the name of the thread in which you replied to, and I'll get back to you when I find out.

GoKiGOki48rs said:
can we just deleting ourselves than asking for mods to deleting for us???
Depends on Admin's configuration, some admins configured VB to allow us to delete by use "edit" feature but I believe, AD's admin did not configure that one. So seem to me that only mods can do that, not us (just check the edit feature ;])

Back