Communicate With The Hearing People...

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you communicate with the hearing people, do you write down on a piece of paper or do you use your voice, if so do they understand what you're saying?...

Has any hearing people notice you are deaf right away when you speak to them?...

I use my voice, Sometimes they understood me sometimes not, thinking I have some kind of sore throat, I was like emm no I am deaf.

Yes sometimes they could tell that I am deaf sometimes they couldn't tell that I am deaf, because I speak very well. :)

I communicate thru writing because I don't speak at all. I also can lip-read... I can gesture with some hearing people if they are capable to do that also.

I use my voice. If it's a problem, then I just use pen-&-paper. ;)

VamPyroX said:
I use my voice. If it's a problem, then I just use pen-&-paper. ;)

When you were with me, Nobody had problems not understanding you. ;)

my mouth moves like a cow chewing the grass as i try to talk... lol. jk

i use voice.

actually some hearings think i am from austria or germany. :roll:

haha, very funni Deafclimber, and I am wonder why they think you are from Germany is that because you sound like them or something?...Some hearing people thinks I have a cold or something when I do talk....

Roam4Life, I am wondering does a hearing person ever get frustrate with you when you do write it down?...It happen to me only once, and I could see him rolling his eyes!...

I'm jumping in here and putting in my two cents worth! :giggle:

I've spoken to Malfoyish on the phone, and while she can't hear me, we've worked out a neat little system. She talks to me, and I respond to her in IMs. :giggle: When she speaks to me, I can understand her well enough. However, I have trouble understanding rapid speech. It's not a matter of hearing (I'm hearie), and I can hear, but it's understanding what is being said. I can hear the sound, but interpreting the words is some times hard for me?

I don't know if this is some type of hearing loss? Maybe, I :dunno:

I just deal with it. :lol:

yea some told me i sound Arnold Schwarzenegger. "hasa la vista !"

yes some think i have sore throat.

ahh both.. it depends on how people talk to me by their lip reading.. and it also depend how good I talk. lol

when I worked at a hotel and i always let the customers know i'm deaf when they're trying to call for me.. so i come closer and say need help? and they tell me and i understand most of time, sometimes i don't. i would ask them to write or i get other housekeeper if that housekeeper is closer to me..

so it varies on people...

Oceanbreeze said:
I'm jumping in here and putting in my two cents worth! :giggle:

I've spoken to Malfoyish on the phone, and while she can't hear me, we've worked out a neat little system. She talks to me, and I respond to her in IMs. :giggle: When she speaks to me, I can understand her well enough. However, I have trouble understanding rapid speech. It's not a matter of hearing (I'm hearie), and I can hear, but it's understanding what is being said. I can hear the sound, but interpreting the words is some times hard for me?

I don't know if this is some type of hearing loss? Maybe, I :dunno:

I just deal with it. :lol:

ohh sounds like a GREAT system Ocean! :thumb:

i generally dont use my voice unless i HAVE to -- ive been told deafies generally have "deaf accent" (this told to me by my mom years ago) -- i guess i can be generally understood altho some words i DO have trouble pronouncing :dunno:

Roam4Life said:
I communicate thru writing because I don't speak at all. I also can lip-read... I can gesture with some hearing people if they are capable to do that also.

Yes, I´m the same as you, too.

I am good lipreading reader.

I am patience and repeat if hearing people dont understand me.
Hearing people are not patience sometimes when I dont understand them and ask them for repeat then use writing pad and pen but I ignore their remark.

Most is written communication when hearing people are lazy to be patience with me.

I once bring my hearing co-worker to meet my deaf friends. I terp her all the time what we (deaf) said. My friends are patience when I terp my co-worker. They sign to my co-worker........ My co-worker said to me that she is surprised that deafies are patience with her because she noticed that other hearies co-workers has no patience with me.

I noticed that deafies are patience with hearing more than hearing to deafies.

Hahahaha....I love this forum! Yeah, a lot and I mean a lot of hearing people think that I've got a foreign accent....although I haven't really encountered that here at school. Lots of my school friends say that I sound like anyone else! I have run into hearies that know I am dhh.

I speak, most people don't seem to know I'm deaf. In fact, even some deaf people thought I was hearing!

Everyone always tells me that I've got good speech, but I do have trouble pronouncing hard, long words.

Its not very often when people ask me to repeat what I said, but when they do, it is because I talk too quietly, cos they say speak up!

^Angel^ said:
How do you communicate with the hearing people, do you write down on a piece of paper or do you use your voice, if so do they understand what you're saying?...

Has any hearing people notice you are deaf right away when you speak to them?...
At first, I try using my voice to communicate with them. If they do not understand me several times, then I start using pen / paper method. Some people recognize me as a deaf person immediately after I speak. Some don't. I guess that these people who fast notice that I am deaf is because they may have been with other deaf people before me. That's just my guess.

When Im communcation w/Hearing people.... Sometimes understand me but sometimes not understand me... btw use written the pen and paper... Last my resort!

I taught myself to read before I could really talk (before I got my aids) and I will pronounce words the way they look on paper....it's made for some pretty funny conversations and has become a family joke.

i speak but it takes them a while to get to used to my "accent" and i cant read lip read unless its swearing words LOL

so usually i use paper and pen method and then once that person got used to my voice he will be only one who write and ill do the most talking unless it a difficult word to say. i also use computer to communite lol.. i would pull up wordpad and use that to communicate.

I use pen and paper but I can use my voice sometimes when I sign but eh.. when guys try to hit on me I wud act like not interested but honestly I am sick of guys tryin to hit on me when I'm that beauitful :mad2:

GeMiNiCaT05 said:
I use pen and paper but I can use my voice sometimes when I sign but eh.. when guys try to hit on me I wud act like not interested but honestly I am sick of guys tryin to hit on me when I'm that beauitful :mad2:
be pride! be proud! and be happy! :D

i normally speak with my voice.. when they have trouble understaing me the 2nd time.. i'll use paper and pen.. Mostly people understand me 100 % is the person who knows me so well. other than that its about 50% chance they'll understand

Back