Chik-fil-a doesn't support gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
If gay protestors participate in a same-sex "kiss-in" in CFA restaurants (which they have threatened to do), how is that the managers' fault? What good does it do to complain to managers about what gay protestors do?

The managers can kick them out if they cause too disruptive to others.

Again, that's not my problem and don't point your finger at me about kiss-in protest because I'm not charged in these protest.

I am going to quote myself here....

People they just don't think sometimes. Mr. Cathy is one man, he is not CFA. You know how franchises work right? The CFA's aren't cooperates, their not owned by Mr. Cathy, he owns the name. People can buy the rights to use the name and their products, and own their own little CFA's. Those people don't necessarily share the opinions of Mr. Cathy, and they can hire whoever they want. Going to throw another quote out there again I already put up....and I'm going to bold it just for good measure.

"It seems like very few people have stopped to think about who actually works for Chick-fil-A and what those people's opinions are," he wrote. "They are putting us in a pot and coming to support us or hate us based on something they heard and assume we agree with."

You honestly think that with all those people lined up at CFA's all across the country showing their support of a man who made anti gay marriage statements, not one of them might be homophobic and making anti gay comments or saying how much they 'appreciate" people trying to keep gay marriage illegal? c'mon now. Obviously the vast majority of people who were lining up at CFA's did so for that very reason, and it would be more surprising for them not to make anti gay comments.
All? 100%? Possibly not. People have said they had various reasons for supporting CFA. Some support free speech, some support a man of principal, some support godly business standards, some don't like Christian-bashing, some appreciate CFA and don't like it being bullied. Those are the reasons they gave. Just because people support marriage as God designed it (one man and one woman) doesn't mean they hate homosexual people.

If you have attributed quotes and sources who can verify hateful ugliness by CFA customers, then you are free to publish them. Anyone who behaved that way is open to criticism, of course.

The managers can kick them out if they cause too disruptive to others.
If the managers do kick them out, they'll be accused of being hateful homophobic gay bashers.

Again, that's not my problem and don't point your finger at me about kiss-in protest because I'm not charged in these protest.
I never, never pointed any finger at you. I already said in a previous post that I wasn't referring to you. Sigh....

In bold - see ambrosia's post and she said some gay employees heard about anti-gay comments from customers.
What was her source?

No, you are silly to reword his sentence, the hateful bigots means people who hate blacks, latino, gay, disability, female, Muslim, Jewish, lesbian, transgender and other people with different culture.

Call for boycotting the businesses are legal and people do that for many reason like bad customer service, bad food, poor work condition, unethical, rude employees, etc.

Christians expressing their beliefs?

What??? It isn't hateful to attack/condemn them?

Ah .... I get it ... no, wait, I don't. We can both just pretend that this wasn't really meant to be an attack on Christians (that backfired, tremendously).

If they're a job creator they would supports all marriages as getting married create jobs and bring in money. You're one to talk , here you're trying to tell people who they can or can't marry. I only hope this whole thing does not end like in the 60's.

That is quite a stretch considering I said this was a 1st amendment issue. I NEVER said anything about marriage.

I don't know if it would go that far Foxrac, but the employee that was calling hater appreciation did say that it was very very depressing. I can well imagine!!!
One of the employees said

"It seems like very few people have stopped to think about who actually works for Chick-fil-A and what those people's opinions are," he wrote. "They are putting us in a pot and coming to support us or hate us based on something they heard and assume we agree with."

Management have been instructing employees to stay neutral, to thank them for their business, but not to agree or disagree no matter what the customer says.

People....they just don't think sometimes...

Yeah, especially when they called to boycott Chik-Fil-A .... I mean wow, can they boycott my business too?

Please?

If the managers do kick them out, they'll be accused of being hateful homophobic gay bashers.

I never, never pointed any finger at you. I already said in a previous post that I wasn't referring to you. Sigh....

Oh well, they should know that disruptive behavior isn't okay.

Ok, I don't like when people assume me that I'm in charged with protest.

All? 100%? Possibly not. People have said they had various reasons for supporting CFA. Some support free speech, some support a man of principal, some support godly business standards, some don't like Christian-bashing, some appreciate CFA and don't like it being bullied. Those are the reasons they gave. Just because people support marriage as God designed it (one man and one woman) doesn't mean they hate homosexual people.

If you have attributed quotes and sources who can verify hateful ugliness by CFA customers, then you are free to publish them. Anyone who behaved that way is open to criticism, of course.

Did I say 100%? No, Did I claim that every single customer has something anitgay? No.

But for some reason you don't think it's possible that any CFA customers have said something? puhlease, head in the sand, so why should I bother showing my source? So are you saying that people who support gay marriage have no principles? God didn't "design" marriage. I see a lot of "some" peoples, and what do you think the chances are that "some" of those people were anti-gay? I'd also like to add that, it seems kind of wishy washy to say just because someone doesn't think gays should marry doesn't mean they hate gay people. Seems pretty obvious that even though they aren't "hated" they shouldn't have the same rights as straight people. Are they not fully people? Do they not love just as deeply as straight people? Do they not deserve the same rights as straight people? Seems like that's splitting hairsFeeling that gay people shouldn't have the same rights as straight people is anti-gay.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/chick-fil-a-anti-gay-controversy-employees-speak-out_n_1729968.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

it's an article on the Huffington Post so clearly it's all a lie......insert lots of eye rolling here.

Christians expressing their beliefs?

What??? It isn't hateful to attack/condemn them?

Ah .... I get it ... no, wait, I don't. We can both just pretend that this wasn't really meant to be an attack on Christians (that backfired, tremendously).

Anti-gay rights aren't originally from Christianity.

If you hate homosexuality so I see you as hateful bigot.

Anti-gay rights aren't originally from Christianity.

If you hate homosexuality so I see you as hateful bigot.

I don't hate homosexuals and I am indifferent to homosexuality.

What I see here is a hatred (and intolerance) of Christians, and yes, they have a right to express their beliefs whether you agree with them or not.

Do they try to convert you when you walk through the door of a Chik-Fil-A?

Are you afraid that someone who is homosexual will all of a sudden become straight if they eat a Chik-Fil-A sammich? I don't get the whole boycott issue ...

I don't hate homosexuals and I am indifferent to homosexuality.

What I see here is a hatred of Christians, and yes, they have a right to express their beliefs whether you agree with them or not.

What are you talking about? You don't make any sense.

Christians are very broader because there are many Christians support gay rights and there are many others aren't support gay rights.

Do they try to convert you when you walk through the door of a Chik-Fil-A?

Are you afraid that someone who is homosexual will all of a sudden become straight if they eat a Chik-Fil-A sammich? I don't get the whole boycott issue ...

What's silly question. :aw:

I ate chicken sandwich at CFA in 2 years ago and I'm still bisexual so what is your point.

Did I say 100%? No, Did I claim that every single customer has something anitgay? No.
I didn't say that you did.

But for some reason you don't think it's possible that any CFA customers have said something?
I didn't say that either.

puhlease, head in the sand, so why should I bother showing my source?
For credibility, and because it's good forum etiquette.

So are you saying that people who support gay marriage have no principles?
I never said anything close to that.

God didn't "design" marriage.
Yes, He did, in the book of Genesis, starting with the first human couple.

I see a lot of "some" peoples, and what do you think the chances are that "some" of those people were anti-gay?
It's possible. I never said it wasn't.

I'd also like to add that, it seems kind of wishy washy to say just because someone doesn't think gays should marry doesn't mean they hate gay people.
It's the truth. If you think that's wishy washy that's your perception.

Seems pretty obvious that even though they aren't "hated" they shouldn't have the same rights as straight people. Are they not fully people? Do they not love just as deeply as straight people? Do they not deserve the same rights as straight people? Seems like that's splitting hairsFeeling that gay people shouldn't have the same rights as straight people is anti-gay.
Civil rights bestowed by governments aren't the same as morality. Lots of behaviors are legal but not necessarily morally right. Yes, homosexuals are fully people but that has nothing to do with legitimizing immoral behavior. Having one's head in the sand is believing that passing laws makes sinful behavior "normal."

That being said, our government isn't really concerned with issues of morality or sin when they pass laws. Those days are long gone (if they ever existed).

Chick-fil-A Anti-Gay Controversy: Gay Employees Speak Out

it's an article on the Huffington Post so clearly it's all a lie......insert lots of eye rolling here.
Thank you for the link. Why so defensive about it?

I wasn't defensive about it, but it's a liberal paper so you would just poo poo it anyway.

The crux of the problem is.....homosexuality being a "sin". See that is a matter of opinion, or in your case belief. In your religion, maybe it's a sin, but not everybody is going to believe that. The morality of some shouldn't be foisted on everyone. That's kind of what freedom of religion is all about.

Also in Genesis is Abraham, of the multiple wives and concubines. Lots of cherry picking happens in Bible study. Marrying for love is fairly new in human history. For the vast majority the history of marriage has been more about an exchange of property, more along the lines of.... I'll give you 2 cows for your daughter.

You may have not have said that people who support gay marriage have no principles, but you didn't have to. By lauding a man who has made anti gay marriage statements for having principles, it is implied that supporting gay marriage shows a lack of principles. You then have followed that up by claiming that homosexuality is a sin, there fore lacking in principles.

But back to CFA. I don't support boycotting CFA. Because it is a franchise. Mr. Cathy's views are not necessarily the views of the franchise owners themselves. they should not have to suffer for that mans thoughtless statements. So I feel even more badly for the poor employees that have had to listen to all this anti gay crap all day. I would have lost my job if I worked there. Customer service has never been my forte, and neither has tact. I more than likely would have told somebody off at some point and been fired.

I wasn't defensive about it, but it's a liberal paper so you would just poo poo it anyway.
I didn't, did I? You presume too much.

The crux of the problem is.....homosexuality being a "sin". See that is a matter of opinion, or in your case belief. In your religion, maybe it's a sin, but not everybody is going to believe that. The morality of some shouldn't be foisted on everyone. That's kind of what freedom of religion is all about.
Of course not everyone believes that. That doesn't change what it is though.

Also in Genesis is Abraham, of the multiple wives and concubines. Lots of cherry picking happens in Bible study.
Not at all. Abraham suffered the consequences of his disobedience. It's in the biblical record because God wanted us to learn from the mistakes of the patriarchs. God certainly didn't approve of what they did.

Marrying for love is fairly new in human history. For the vast majority the history of marriage has been more about an exchange of property, more along the lines of.... I'll give you 2 cows for your daughter.

You may have not have said that people who support gay marriage have no principles, but you didn't have to. By lauding a man who has made anti gay marriage statements for having principles, it is implied that supporting gay marriage shows a lack of principles. You then have followed that up by claiming that homosexuality is a sin, there fore lacking in principles.
Just because a person sins in one area of life doesn't mean that person has no principles in other areas of life. I never said anything like that.

More presumption on your part.

But back to CFA. I don't support boycotting CFA. Because it is a franchise. Mr. Cathy's views are not necessarily the views of the franchise owners themselves. they should not have to suffer for that mans thoughtless statements. So I feel even more badly for the poor employees that have had to listen to all this anti gay crap all day.
ALL day? I didn't read that in the Huffington link. In fact, some of the quotes from homosexual CFA employees were very positive.

it's unconstitutional for mayors to criticize them? but they are not shutting them down or enacting laws to shut them down or to give them hard time so.....

the Chicago Republican Party says that "the complaint states that the Alderman and the Mayor have broken civil rights laws pertaining to religious freedom and the First Amendment in denying Chick fil A a permit to operate its business in the City of Chicago."

Source: PICKET: Chicago GOP to file complaint against Rahm Emanuel over Chick fil A flap - Washington Times

Chicago is not the only city with the Mayor that is attempting to do so. Liberal politicians from Boston, Philadelphia and San Francisco are threatening to block CFA to do any further business.

Criticizing is one thing but to use their position to say otherwise is another thing. That's not how it should be handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back