Chik-fil-a doesn't support gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend wrote this -

OPINION: You have the right to free speech & to your opinions. You even have the right to support representatives who (like you) are against gay marriage. You do not, however, have the right to be stupid enough to think that people will buy your sandwiches or that you won't lose money, because racists and bigots are fast becoming the true minority in this country.

You mean like the hateful bigots trying to boycott a private company practing their 1st amendment rights?

Yep, gotta agree with them being in the minority ...

Christian community is too powerful? You funny!!!

There are a lot of Christians support gay rights, even really a lot of gay people are Christian too. ;)

It is just like crazy anti-gay evangelical christians are boycotting Microsoft, Apple, Starbucks, Google, McDonald's, Ford, etc due to pro-gay rights. :aw:

Don't mix between Christians and gay people.
Christians are boycotting MS, Apple, etc.? That's news to me. :lol:

You mean like the hateful bigots trying to boycott a private company practing their 1st amendment rights?

Yep, gotta agree with them being in the minority ...

No, you are silly to reword his sentence, the hateful bigots means people who hate blacks, latino, gay, disability, female, Muslim, Jewish, lesbian, transgender and other people with different culture.

Call for boycotting the businesses are legal and people do that for many reason like bad customer service, bad food, poor work condition, unethical, rude employees, etc.

Christians are boycotting MS, Apple, etc.? That's news to me. :lol:

Christians are more broader so you need make more specific.

Like say anti-gay evangelical christians or something.

Yup, they have done for years and they calling boycott JCPenney, Google and Home Depot.
Group Boycotts JCPenney For Father’s Day Ad Featuring Gay Couple « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
American Family Association Calls For Boycott Of Google Over Company's Support Of LGBT Rights (VIDEO)
Boycott The Home Depot

I just read an article about this. It made me very sad. Mr Cathy is one man, who owns this franchise. But all the owners of the individual franchises and their employees don't necessarily share Mr Cathy's view. But they've all had to deal with all the protesters and all the customers. Some of those employees are gay, and they've been hearing stuff like..."I'm so glad you don't support the queers, I can eat in peace" ALL day, listening to gay hate comments ALL day, and then getting yelled at and being accused of being a bigot by the protesters. One of the employees is calling it "Haters Appreciation Day".

I think anyone who went to CFA for the sole purpose of showing their support of gay hate should be ashamed of themselves and should probably rethink what Christianity is all about.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ~Ghandi

I just read an article about this. It made me very sad. Mr Cathy is one man, who owns this franchise. But all the owners of the individual franchises and their employees don't necessarily share Mr Cathy's view. But they've all had to deal with all the protesters and all the customers. Some of those employees are gay, and they've been hearing stuff like..."I'm so glad you don't support the queers, I can eat in peace" ALL day, listening to gay hate comments ALL day, and then getting yelled at and being accused of being a bigot by the protesters. One of the employees is calling it "Haters Appreciation Day".

I think anyone who went to CFA for the sole purpose of showing their support of gay hate should be ashamed of themselves and should probably rethink what Christianity is all about.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ~Ghandi

Yup, gay employees will going be suffer from depression and some of them could probably commit suicide.

Hey gay employees, if you are depressed or having suicidal thought or plan to commit suicide so please don't that, please looking for helping, especially families, if not possible then go to see psychiatrist at clinic or hospital.

CFA is not an anti gay organization. They are a restaurant and employer and job creator. If you disagree with the opinions of their executives, don't try to bully them and force them out of business.

That is the silliest boycott ever.

If they're a job creator they would supports all marriages as getting married create jobs and bring in money. You're one to talk , here you're trying to tell people who they can or can't marry. I only hope this whole thing does not end like in the 60's.

...Call for boycotting the businesses are legal and people do that for many reason like bad customer service, bad food, poor work condition, unethical, rude employees, etc.
...Which is not the case of CFA.

If they want to boycott CFA, I have no problem with that. It really won't make much difference to their business.

Boycotting is one thing. Picketing is another. But entering the business property and being disruptive is something totally different. I hope it doesn't come to that.

I don't know if it would go that far Foxrac, but the employee that was calling hater appreciation did say that it was very very depressing. I can well imagine!!!
One of the employees said

"It seems like very few people have stopped to think about who actually works for Chick-fil-A and what those people's opinions are," he wrote. "They are putting us in a pot and coming to support us or hate us based on something they heard and assume we agree with."

Management have been instructing employees to stay neutral, to thank them for their business, but not to agree or disagree no matter what the customer says.

People....they just don't think sometimes...

I just read an article about this. It made me very sad. Mr Cathy is one man, who owns this franchise. But all the owners of the individual franchises and their employees don't necessarily share Mr Cathy's view. But they've all had to deal with all the protesters and all the customers. Some of those employees are gay, and they've been hearing stuff like..."I'm so glad you don't support the queers, I can eat in peace"
I've never heard anyone talk like that at a CFA. I certainly wouldn't endorse that kind of language.

ALL day, listening to gay hate comments ALL day, and then getting yelled at and being accused of being a bigot by the protesters. One of the employees is calling it "Haters Appreciation Day".
All day long people are making gay hate comments? Really? Protestors are also yelling at them?

If that's really happening, then that's shameful behavior of customers and protestors.

BTW, if CFA is so bigoted, why do they even have gay employees?

None of the crowds seemed hateful. They wanted to show support for a man and business that stood for biblical principals against worldly pressure. It has nothing to do with hatred for people.

...Which is not the case of CFA.

If they want to boycott CFA, I have no problem with that. It really won't make much difference to their business.

Boycotting is one thing. Picketing is another. But entering the business property and being disruptive is something totally different. I hope it doesn't come to that.

In bold, it does part case with CFA due to unethical, however calling unethical is opinion matter. My other reason is unsatisfied food - I don't like grilled chicken sandwich at CFA and they taste so garbage, however fried chicken sandwich tastes better but I can't eat fried food anymore. CFA used to had best fried chicken strips before they switched to chicken strips with different recipe, it tastes worse now.

All boycott against pro-gay companies failed, so I have no idea about CFA but they could lose the pro-gay customers in long term.

Well, that's not my problem. You should complain to manager if you don't comfort with them.

I've never heard anyone talk like that at a CFA. I certainly wouldn't endorse that kind of language.

All day long people are making gay hate comments? Really? Protestors are also yelling at them?

If that's really happening, then that's shameful behavior of customers and protestors.

None of the crowds seemed hateful. They wanted to show support for a man and business that stood for biblical principals against worldly pressure. It has nothing to do with hatred for people.

Is it local CFA that where you went? Ambrosia said it happens in some CFA in different area that you didn't went.

I feel bad for CFA franchisers who want to be neutral and they are very stressed about unusual overcrowded so they have deal with supply limitation.

It is up to franchisers or bosses to hire gay employees, they are there to work to make money and they have deal with a lot of hates from customers, that's not good.

Gay bashing hits gay people so hard, it is just bad and painful.

In bold, it does part case with CFA due to unethical, however calling unethical is opinion matter. My other reason is unsatisfied food - I don't like grilled chicken sandwich at CFA and they taste so garbage, however fried chicken sandwich tastes better but I can't eat fried food anymore. CFA used to had best fried chicken strips before they switched to chicken strips with different recipe, it tastes worse now.
Not eating at a restaurant because you don't like the food there is not a boycott. That's just consumer preference. I never eat at McDonald's or Burger King but I don't call that a boycott. :lol:

...Well, that's not my problem. You should complain to manager if you don't comfort with them.
What are you referring to?

I am going to quote myself here....

People they just don't think sometimes. Mr. Cathy is one man, he is not CFA. You know how franchises work right? The CFA's aren't cooperates, their not owned by Mr. Cathy, he owns the name. People can buy the rights to use the name and their products, and own their own little CFA's. Those people don't necessarily share the opinions of Mr. Cathy, and they can hire whoever they want. Going to throw another quote out there again I already put up....and I'm going to bold it just for good measure.

"It seems like very few people have stopped to think about who actually works for Chick-fil-A and what those people's opinions are," he wrote. "They are putting us in a pot and coming to support us or hate us based on something they heard and assume we agree with."

You honestly think that with all those people lined up at CFA's all across the country showing their support of a man who made anti gay marriage statements, not one of them might be homophobic and making anti gay comments or saying how much they 'appreciate" people trying to keep gay marriage illegal? c'mon now. Obviously the vast majority of people who were lining up at CFA's did so for that very reason, and it would be more surprising for them not to make anti gay comments.

Not eating at a restaurant because you don't like the food there is not a boycott. That's just consumer preference. I never eat at McDonald's or Burger King but I don't call that a boycott. :lol:

What are you referring to?

You said - "But entering the business property and being disruptive is something totally different."

If it does bother you so tell to managers, however they aren't my problem.

Is it local CFA that where you went? Ambrosia said it happens in some CFA in different area that you didn't went.
We have several in this area, and I haven't heard any bad reports about any of them. I have no idea which CFA Ambrosia is referring to because she didn't provide that information. I haven't heard or read any news reports of any widespread gay bashing at CFA's.

I feel bad for CFA franchisers who want to be neutral and they are very stressed about unusual overcrowded so they have deal with supply limitation.
I'm sure they don't mind the extra business. :)

It is up to franchisers or bosses to hire gay employees, they are there to work to make money and they have deal with a lot of hates from customers, that's not good.
For one thing, employers don't even ask about sexual preference when hiring. For another thing, is there any proof that the employees have to deal with lots of hate from customers?

I am going to quote myself here....

People they just don't think sometimes. Mr. Cathy is one man, he is not CFA. You know how franchises work right? The CFA's aren't cooperates, their not owned by Mr. Cathy, he owns the name. People can buy the rights to use the name and their products, and own their own little CFA's. Those people don't necessarily share the opinions of Mr. Cathy, and they can hire whoever they want. Going to throw another quote out there again I already put up....and I'm going to bold it just for good measure.

You honestly think that with all those people lined up at CFA's all across the country showing their support of a man who made anti gay marriage statements, not one of them might be homophobic and making anti gay comments or saying how much they 'appreciate" people trying to keep gay marriage illegal? c'mon now. Obviously the vast majority of people who were lining up at CFA's did so for that very reason, and it would be more surprising for them not to make anti gay comments.

Interesting to say, the CFA owner in Chicago said that they made donation to gay rights organization.

You said - "But entering the business property and being disruptive is something totally different."

If it does bother you so tell to managers, however they aren't my problem.
If gay protestors participate in a same-sex "kiss-in" in CFA restaurants (which they have threatened to do), how is that the managers' fault? What good does it do to complain to managers about what gay protestors do?

We have several in this area, and I haven't heard any bad reports about any of them. I have no idea which CFA Ambrosia is referring to because she didn't provide that information. I haven't heard or read any news reports of any widespread gay bashing at CFA's.

I'm sure they don't mind the extra business. :)

For one thing, employers don't even ask about sexual preference when hiring. For another thing, is there any proof that the employees have to deal with lots of hate from customers?

In bold - see ambrosia's post and she said some gay employees heard about anti-gay comments from customers.

Gay bashing hits gay people so hard, it is just bad and painful.

The article I read had statements from employees in Georgia, Colorado, and Alabama, but I'd bet all the money I'll ever make in my life it's happening all over the country. How can it not? Considering the reason the people are flooding the CFAs in the first place. They aren't showing up in droves just because they like chicken.

But I want to point out, again, that Mr. Cathy's 1st Amendment rights aren't being violated. Yes he is free to say whatever he wants, but that doesn't mean everybody has to like it. Just because he has freedom of speech it doesn't get him he cannot or should not get any backlash for what he says. Everybody else in the country is just as free to disagree withis statements as he is free to make them.

Reba, I'm not talking about things the employees deal with on a day to day basis. I'm talking about what they had to listen to from customers and protesters that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back