Chik-fil-a doesn't support gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Texas, and have been to Chick-A-Fil before. It was the last time I went there a year ago. My body reacted badly just a few minutes later after I had consumed a meal. That was a horrible experience.

I have seen long lines at Chick-A-Fil before, but not like this. If you dress up like a cow, they will give you a free meal. I've seen people dressing up like a cow, and get a free meal.

I agree with you on this, Jolie. I don't appreciate that mayors have no right to abuse their powers like that. They're public servants.

I didn't, did I? You presume too much.

Of course not everyone believes that. That doesn't change what it is though.

In your opinion. Just because according to your lexicon something is a sin, doesn't make it so. Which is exactly why we shouldn't even be having this conversation. The morality of other people is none of your business.

Not at all. Abraham suffered the consequences of his disobedience. It's in the biblical record because God wanted us to learn from the mistakes of the patriarchs. God certainly didn't approve of what they did.
You need to go back and read your Bible, Abraham Issac and Jacob were God's boys.

Hey you know, according to Exodus 21:7 I can sell my daughter into slavery. I'm a bit short on cash, what do you think would be a good asking price for her?

Really though.... if you have questions about the Old Testament, and God's view on marriage being one man one woman, you know since supposedly that came from the Old Testament, you should ask a Jewish person. That's their book you're going by.

ALL day? I didn't read that in the Huffington link. In fact, some of the quotes from homosexual CFA employees were very positive.

Yes, those positive statements were statements about their previous experiences working for CFA. But one guy said ...Gabriel Aguiniga, a gay employee at a Chick-fil-A in Colorado, also said the hardest part hasn't been hearing Cathy's comments. Instead, "[it's] constantly having people come up to you and say, 'I support your company, because your company hates the gays,'" Aguiniga, 18, wrote in an email. "It really takes a toll on me."

Keep in mind they're not talking about everyday. They're talking about their experiences with Haters Appreciation Day

This cracks me up!! it's like burn!!!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1iwg3aM031r7sazlo1_500.png

What's silly question. :aw:

I ate chicken sandwich at CFA in 2 years ago and I'm still bisexual so what is your point.

I was asking silly questions because I was attempting to show you how silly it is to be mad at the CEO of Chik-Fil-A for his religious views.

He is entitled to them, just as you are entitled to your opinion. If you had a business that served a good product, I would not boycott your business because your opinions are different from mine.

Get it now?

In your opinion. Just because according to your lexicon something is a sin, doesn't make it so. Which is exactly why we shouldn't even be having this conversation. The morality of other people is none of your business.

You need to go back and read your Bible, Abraham Issac and Jacob were God's boys.
It's because I do read and study the Bible that I know how they and their descendants and communities all suffered the consequences of their actions. Yes, God loved them but He also chastised them for their sins and disobedience. God is also truthful, and didn't try to cover up any of their sins. He laid them out for all of us to see and learn from.

[quote}Hey you know, according to Exodus 21:7 I can sell my daughter into slavery. I'm a bit short on cash, what do you think would be a good asking price for her?[/quote]
Wow, that's like the umpteenth time I've read that not-very-original comeback here at AD.

Really though.... if you have questions about the Old Testament, and God's view on marriage being one man one woman, you know since supposedly that came from the Old Testament, you should ask a Jewish person. That's their book you're going by.
Supposedly?

No, I don't believe I said that I had any questions about God's view on marriage being for one man and one woman. He was very clear about it.

It is God's Book, for everyone.

I was asking silly questions because I was attempting to show you how silly it is to be mad at the CEO of Chik-Fil-A for his religious views.

He is entitled to them, just as you are entitled to your opinion. If you had a business that served a good product, I would not boycott your business because your opinions are different from mine.

Get it now?

Excuse me, I'm free to disagree with CEO whatever I want and CFA donation to anti-gay organization is serious issue for me. I stopped ate at CFA in 2 years ago after found out about their donation and I don't want MY MONEY goes to anti-gay organization, period.

Other reason - I don't like ANY KIND of CFA food after I stopped eat fried food due to IBS and I HATE their grilled chicken sandwich. There are nothing to left for me to like kind of food.

It looks like you and other members have difficult to understand about my reason about situation with CFA donation. *knock on wood*

Wirelessly posted

I can't believe how people react to someone's beliefs. I mean he was only asked a question and people are calling him bigot etc.(not here). Everyone is entitled to express their opinion. I stand for my beliefs just as much as everyone else is entitled to.

Wirelessly posted

I can't believe how people react to someone's beliefs. I mean he was only asked a question and people are calling him bigot etc.(not here). Everyone is entitled to express their opinion. I stand for my beliefs just as much as everyone else is entitled to.

It's not just what he said, it's because he makes huge donations to organizations that work to stop gay marriage legislation at state levels.

It's not just what he said, it's because he makes huge donations to organizations that work to stop gay marriage legislation at state levels.

Yup, that's correct and organization push Federal Marriage Amendment at federal level too.

It means Wendy isn't on same footprint as CFA does.
It also shows that other restaurant owners/managers support freedom of speech above business competition. :)

Christian community is too powerful? You funny!!!

There are a lot of Christians support gay rights, even really a lot of gay people are Christian too. ;)

It is just like crazy anti-gay evangelical christians are boycotting Microsoft, Apple, Starbucks, Google, McDonald's, Ford, etc due to pro-gay rights. :aw:

Don't mix between Christians and gay people.

Uh. Read again. I said the Christian community is more powerful than the gay community. Sorry if that upsets you, but its a FACT.

Uh. Read again. I said the Christian community is more powerful than the gay community. Sorry if that upsets you, but its a FACT.

Not really, there is no fact about Christian community is more powerful than gay community because Christianity is religion and gay is sex orientation, totally different class. There are gay Christians and there are Christians that support gay rights.

No surprise about you got wrong and you don't understand about different class. :lol:

So, let me get this straight .... you have a problem with someone professing their faith, and actually spending their own money and putting it where their mouth is?

Wow .... I should have stayed in line.

OK, I have already heard the "You didn't build that" now is it going to be "You can't buy that"?

It also shows that other restaurant owners/managers support freedom of speech above business competition. :)

I don't see as freedom of speech, I see them as interfering with gay rights, that's not cool. ;)

No, I don't believe I said that I had any questions about God's view on marriage being for one man and one woman. He was very clear about it.

It is God's Book, for everyone.

The Old Testament in the hands of a Christian preacher is a tool they don't know how to use. They don't know how it's supposed to be taught from because Christians broke away from the Jewish religion 2000 years ago. It's like they have a screw driver and they use it for a hammer. Really, if you'd like to get to know your Old Testament better you should talk to a Rabbi. Most stories in the Old Testament aren't supposed to be taken literally. They're parables, lessons with a moral, not actual events in history.

But interestingly enough, Jewish people don't have a problem with same sex marriage even though the "one man one woman" was supposed to come from the Old Testament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back