Charges against girl, 18, in same-sex underage relationship

Not all students read the handbook - I believe all teachers should lecture to all students - that's part of change the strategies - that what I means in my post.

The students have to sign a form saying that they read it. And they are given instruction. Katie didn't listen. Fact is, Katie doesn't care.....anyone with an IQ over 50 knows you can't have sex in the school bathroom.

All you have to do is read Katie's feed. She doesn't care much about the rules.

The students have to sign a form saying that they read it. And they are given instruction. Katie didn't listen. Fact is, Katie doesn't care.....anyone with an IQ over 50 knows you can't have sex in the school bathroom.

All you have to do is read Katie's feed. She doesn't care much about the rules.

I'm questioning about how their school handle the handbook and you never know about what school is doing, even neither is me. I believe that teachers must lecture about rules and laws on first day of class every year or every semester. At my school, nobody explained to us and they just threw handbook to us without tell to read, even no paper given to sign, except for hearing school during my senior - there was paper that I have sign but nobody encourage me to read the handbook.

There are some factors that make Katelyn as problematic student and it may must be her mother. I found Katelyn's father's characteristic is interesting because he graduated from Christian private school and former police officer. I don't have much knowledge about her mother but she's nice. Katelyn is just teen and I'm sure that she got in some troubles like many teenagers.

I was in some troubles when I was teen but got much mature after 20 years old. I'm not sure about IQ has anything with troubles - having awareness is very important.

the word SCHOOL is used they both at School BE IT SENIOR or JUNIOR.
Because 18yr olds fight for their country do not make it right, as people are using that as example..
Do america still persecute whitches because that what it seems like..

The students have to sign a form saying that they read it. And they are given instruction. Katie didn't listen. Fact is, Katie doesn't care.....anyone with an IQ over 50 knows you can't have sex in the school bathroom....
When I was in high school (1965-69) we didn't need a handbook or lecture to know that it was wrong to have sex in the school bathrooms. I attended four different high schools on two coasts, so it wasn't just a local understanding. I believe it would be called common sense.

I'm questioning about how their school handle the handbook and you never know about what school is doing, even neither is me. I believe that teachers must lecture about rules and laws on first day of class every year or every semester. At my school, nobody explained to us and they just threw handbook to us without tell to read, even no paper given to sign, except for hearing school during my senior - there was paper that I have sign but nobody encourage me to read the handbook....
Seriously? You think that students need a formal lecture, handbook, and signed paper before they can know that having sex with each other in the school restroom is a no-no? Do high school students need to be held by the hand and led around like toddlers? Can't they use their brains for anything other than video games and social media?

When I was in high school (1965-69) we didn't need a handbook or lecture to know that it was wrong to have sex in the school bathrooms. I attended four different high schools on two coasts, so it wasn't just a local understanding. I believe it would be called common sense.

It was the same in the 80's. in fact a senior an 18yo dating a 14 yo would have had trouble with other students. No one would have been cool with that in my school.

Seriously? You think that students need a formal lecture, handbook, and signed paper before they can know that having sex with each other in the school restroom is a no-no? Do high school students need to be held by the hand and led around like toddlers? Can't they use their brains for anything other than video games and social media?

Yes and there are plenty of teens are in trouble.

The generation is different from you and my last HS enrollment was in 2006 - that was 7 years ago.

The drug is serious issue for high school students - much worse than relationship or sex.

I found new information - 15 years old's birthday was in March (2 months ago) that means 3 years and 7 months difference between two.

I found new information - 15 years old's birthday was in March (2 months ago) that means 3 years and 7 months difference between two.
So it's even worse than we thought; closer to four years difference than three.

So it's even worse than we thought; closer to four years difference than three.

It is little more than 3½ years - middle of year.

Worse? I know that Katelyn is more than 3 years older in long time.

It is little more than 3½ years - middle of year.

Worse? I know that Katelyn is more than 3 years older in long time.

:roll:...my feelings are you continue to side-track the issue!....And since you are in fact Gay...you will more than likely never have children unless you adopt....or being a "birth parent"....The Parents I have interacted with and have taken classes with....would never, ever...want their 14 year old to be having Sex...no matter if it's straight or Gay/Lesbian!....Too young.

And if my 18 year old son was having sex with a 14 year old....oh my!....But my boys have been taught it's wrong..."jail bait"....And if that was the case...and the girls' parents took it to court....then he would have to pay the price....and whenever my 18 year old says "I've met this girl that is pretty cool"....I always say..."That's nice...how old is she?"....and when I meet her....I ask to let me see ur ID/drivers license, please.....

Am I being "overly protective" of my son?....Maybe so...but then again, I would not want him to go to jail...and after all my "teachings" to my 16 year old son...he stated to me one day that he would never, ever have Sex until he was 18....and YES...I have given all my boys Condoms at ages 15.

It happened to a friend of ours...her 18 year old son was having sex with a 15 year old girl....and the parents took it to Court....he was in jail for over a year...is a registered Sex Offender...and the charges were dropped to "child abuse" which he pleaded guilty for...His Parents were devastated...the only job he has found is in a restaurant and his Father helped him find it....

sorry rr i normally agree with you but not on this one..all agree to disagree

I guess the days of marrying your highschool sweet heart are long gone, kinda sad. My own mother could have been arrested and charged and had a sexual predator labal slapped on her, she's older than my dad and they've been together since they were in highschool. I mean seriously, just wrap your hed around that. Nevermind trying to keep a relationship going once one half of a couple graduates higschool and goes onto college, now you have to worry the parents of the other half might get their panties in a wad over something and chrge you and you get your life ruined forever. Serioulsy, that's whacked.

Yes and there are plenty of teens are in trouble.

The generation is different from you and my last HS enrollment was in 2006 - that was 7 years ago.

The drug is serious issue for high school students - much worse than relationship or sex.

Drugs have been a problem in schools since the 60's

That is not really new information. We pretty much said all along that the victim had turned 15 after the arrest on Feb. 16th.

Drugs have been a problem in schools since the 60's

It is serious problem now, even the schools in affluent neighborhood have drug problem.

It is getting much worse now, according to my old teachers.

That is not really new information. We pretty much said all along that the victim had turned 15 after the arrest on Feb. 16th.

I only given more specified information now, but before, we didn't know about which month was girl's birthday.

I guess the days of marrying your highschool sweet heart are long gone, kinda sad. My own mother could have been arrested and charged and had a sexual predator labal slapped on her, she's older than my dad and they've been together since they were in highschool. I mean seriously, just wrap your hed around that. Nevermind trying to keep a relationship going once one half of a couple graduates higschool and goes onto college, now you have to worry the parents of the other half might get their panties in a wad over something and chrge you and you get your life ruined forever. Serioulsy, that's whacked.

Meh, the victim's mom warned Kate twice to stop. When a 14yos parent says to stay away from their kid you should listen.

WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Top Stories - EXCLUSIVE: Parents of underage victim in Kate Hunt's case defend actions

Back