Charges against girl, 18, in same-sex underage relationship

This Plea Deal link pretty much covers everything and admittance. She's still a criminal to most people's eyes. Her reputation is already beyond damaged, this will be wake up call especially 18+ yo teens straight or not.

By the way, this is not about Casey Anthony, this thread is about Katie whole different scenario. The point is she took a RISK to go on trial and being found guilty. She should have taken DA's plea deal offer to save the pain and damage. Either she on her own or her lawyers convinced her not to take it.

I don't think anyone wins in this situation.

If she loved the victim, seems like she would take this minor slap on the wrist and save her the burden of a trial. Heck, it is not even a guilty plea.....he offered to let her plead "No Contest"

SMH

If she loved the victim, seems like she would take this minor slap on the wrist and save her the burden of a trial. Heck, it is not even a guilty plea.....he offered to let her plead "No Contest"

SMH

That's pretty much messed up... both teens made poor choices, girl ran away from home, Katie seduced her or both went along. Not going to look good for either of them.

This Plea Deal link pretty much covers everything and admittance. She's still a criminal to most people's eyes. Her reputation is already beyond damaged, this will be wake up call especially 18+ yo teens straight or not.

By the way, this is not about Casey Anthony, this thread is about Katie whole different scenario. The point is she took a RISK to go on trial and being found guilty. She should have taken DA's plea deal offer to save the pain and damage. Either she on her own or her lawyers convinced her not to take it.

I don't think anyone wins in this situation.

In case, if she found guilty so she has other way to fight - appeal the conviction to higher court - they only consider on existing evidence (no new evidence). They will rule whatever evidence is up with charge or not. Her reputation got mixed result - some people believe it is not big deal and some people believe it is big deal.

It is actually her and her lawyer agreed to not take plea offer for some reasons that we don't know and it looks like lawyer has something to fight in the trial.

No. Anyone that has paid attention to my posts over the years knows that I have always said you can't predict what a jury will say.

What we do know for certain is that she IS guilty. She admitted committing t he crime. We don't know how the jury will rule, but if they ignore the facts and side with emotion it will be a travesty of justice. It will be a loss for America and our constitution. Our courts are supposed to base decisions on facts.....not the grumblings of the miffed.

That's okay - interesting.

In case, if she found guilty so she has other way to fight - appeal the conviction to higher court - they only consider on existing evidence (no new evidence). They will rule whatever evidence is up with charge or not. Her reputation got mixed result - some people believe it is not big deal and some people believe it is big deal.

It is actually her and her lawyer agreed to not take plea offer for some reasons that we don't know and it looks like lawyer has something to fight in the trial.

she will definitely lose the appeal. and I doubt she will apply for appeal.

I read the Plea Deal link and noticed that there was no mention of Sex Offender Registration either way. I wonder how much a factor that was in taking it or not.

You never know about Katelyn's result until after trial and jury verdict completed.

I'm simply ask hypocritical question, that it.

and you never know either. It would be in her best interest to accept the plea deal rather than go to trial because she will clearly and definitely lose and if found guilty, she'll wish she took the plea deal because her sentence will be most likely maximum penalty of the law.

and you never know either. It would be in her best interest to accept the plea deal rather than go to trial because she will clearly and definitely lose and if found guilty, she'll wish she took the plea deal because her sentence will be most likely maximum penalty of the law.

I admit that I NEVER know about Katelyn's result - no disagree with you. *shrugs*

Well, it is her life and she pays consequence.

For me, I'm more disappointed with US education system and troubled teens don't see any overcome in real world.

I admit that I NEVER know about Katelyn's result - no disagree with you. *shrugs*

Well, it is her life and she pays consequence.

For me, I'm more disappointed with US education system and troubled teens don't see any overcome in real world.

ok - you say it is her life and she pays consequence... and yet you want her to be acquitted?

ok - you say it is her life and she pays consequence... and yet you want her to be acquitted?

I only support her fight to acquit - it is her life to fight.

I don't agree with some of laws and consequences for teens make mistake.

The lawyer is going to trial for one reason and one reason only. Publicity. The case itself is a dog.

If found guilty it will at least be the minimum sentence of 7 1/2 years. Juries can not recommend a sentence lower than the minimum.

If found guilty it will at least be the minimum sentence of 7 1/2 years. Juries can not recommend a sentence lower than the minimum.

yup. should have taken a plea deal and everything will go away. she's 18. I'm not surprised she rejected it. such a young and stupidly naive fool... thinking she will be a martyr to change the law. :roll:

nope! not gonna happen! certainly didn't work for Mary Kay Letourneau or anybody else. and she's not the only teen to be charged with this. nothing good will come out of it.

I guess the days of marrying your highschool sweet heart are long gone, kinda sad. My own mother could have been arrested and charged and had a sexual predator labal slapped on her, she's older than my dad and they've been together since they were in highschool. I mean seriously, just wrap your hed around that. Nevermind trying to keep a relationship going once one half of a couple graduates higschool and goes onto college, now you have to worry the parents of the other half might get their panties in a wad over something and chrge you and you get your life ruined forever. Serioulsy, that's whacked.
I don't think the law is against high school students dating each other but against sexual relations between minors and adults.

I guess the days of marrying your highschool sweet heart are long gone, kinda sad. My own mother could have been arrested and charged and had a sexual predator labal slapped on her, she's older than my dad and they've been together since they were in highschool. I mean seriously, just wrap your hed around that. Nevermind trying to keep a relationship going once one half of a couple graduates higschool and goes onto college, now you have to worry the parents of the other half might get their panties in a wad over something and chrge you and you get your life ruined forever. Serioulsy, that's whacked.

My thinking too. I think the crime should be applied to those who are sexual predators not kids dating.

not gonna happen. she will be criminally charged. period. there's absolutely no getting out of this. none whatsoever....
She's already charged. Perhaps you mean convicted? Anyway, no one ever knows how juries will decide. It doesn't matter how airtight someone believes a case is--a jury's decision can't be known until it happens.

My thinking too. I think the crime should be applied to those who are sexual predators not kids dating.

the law doesn't prohibit an adult and a minor from dating with each other but only from sexual relationship. surely they can hold on and wait until a minor is 16 years old for legal age of consent (or whatever the state law is).

if they are truly sweetheart love.... then they can hold on then.

the law doesn't prohibit an adult and a minor from dating with each other but only from sexual relationship. surely they can hold on and wait until a minor is 16 years old for legal age of consent (or whatever the state law is).

Yes, that's true. According to police report, Katelyn admitted that she did sexual contact with 14 years old girl so Katelyn's charge is perfectly accurate.

I found "Free Kate" facebook got cover up and the petition contains inaccurate saying "romance". I don't believe that she got charged for romance, but she got charged for sexual contact "lewd". How did she got 2 counts instead of 1 count?

The consent age in Florida is 18 and lascivious and lewd cover on 12-16 years old. I'm not sure about what charge for between 17 years old and 18 years old.

if they are truly sweetheart love.... then they can hold on then.

Of course, it is part of common sense.

No sexual contact at all if you don't want in trouble with law.

Back