Camping

Anyone needs a snorer, just beep me. I snore so loudly, I make the windows rattle across America.

DreamDeaf said:
Anyone needs a snorer, just beep me. I snore so loudly, I make the windows rattle across America.

ahhh good... we have a deaf snoring club. u r welcome to join !

As same as you have troubling sleep while loud snoring...

My daughter refused sleep w/me if she scare to sleep becz of bad dream.. She wake me up and comfort her... but not want sleep w/me.. :( I asked her why not come sleep w/Mommy? She replied.. I CAN'T STAND YOUR FRIGG'N SNORE HELL LOUD! I was kind embrassement.. but she accept and patience w/me while sleeping share same one tent.. LOL
She managed sleep through.. :D

RebelGirl said:
What brand do you prefer for a tent? Which have a good quality?

it depends on what your question is like family size tent or two persons tent or 3 seasons or 4 season or mountaineering...

for backpacking, my 2 person tent is the north face nepula. it is a perfect convertible tent for 3 - 4 seasons. it can stands with gusty wind and snow.

what brands of tents i really like are MSR, the North Face, Marmot, and Mountain Hardwear.

family tent i like the most is kelty.

Anyone ever thought of Christmas Camping? Heres what you do. Tell your kids you have a chioce...TOYS Or DISNEYWORLD for Christmas? If they choose trip to disneyworld you can go camping here in florida on christmas vacation.Camping here is cheaper then booking a motel room to disneyworld.
Venice Campground

My husband and I love to go camping and one Spring, we went camping at the campground near here about 30 miles from where we live, it was a real pretty place...we set up a tent and everything up..we started up a nice bonfire..sat around it and relaxed and then of all sudden, my husband heard some strange noises...yikes.......he looked around with the flashlight and saw a pair of glowing eyes a few yards from us..turned out to be a racoon, lol! so we just ignored it..we cooked up some hotdogs, marshmallows, etc..till about 11 or 11:30, cleaned up then went to bed. The next morning, everything looked fine until i looked for a can of Crisco..it was nowhere..i knew it was on the picnic table, then i saw the can a few yards away so i went and picked it up, it was empty!...my husband said "oh my God,the freakin racoon must have ate the whole damn Crisco grease!....LOL! He said "I bet the freakin B...
is soo sick after eating the whole can of Crisco!"....hahaha. I think he was right cuz we didnt see that racoon again the whole time we were there!

I just made reservations for my girls and I to go camping at a KOA campground in Washington in mid August for five days. Cant wait! :fruit:

I truly love camping but it is hard to go as a single mom with 2 young girls so I am not able to go camping as much as I would like to. However, KOA campgrounds are easier for us so we will do that this summer :)

Meg said:
I just made reservations for my girls and I to go camping at a KOA campground in Washington in mid August for five days. Cant wait! :fruit:

I truly love camping but it is hard to go as a single mom with 2 young girls so I am not able to go camping as much as I would like to. However, KOA campgrounds are easier for us so we will do that this summer :)

Meg, that's great and have a great summer camping with your daughters. I hope it goes well for you! :)

Meg said:

outstanding, meg ! happy camping ! :)

DreamDeaf said:

:rofl: :rofl: Are you sure the windows just rattles? Haven't explodes from your loud snoring? :giggle:

Liebling:))), I am with you hon, Let's get afraid together. :giggle:

So far, I havent been able to find the right pitch of where I could explode the glass...

I just got the flyer for next year's Noel Deaf CampOut...humm..

When I was a kid, my family and I used to go camping often. Most of the time we'd camp out at Turkey Run in Indiana, other time, basically different spots like Giant City in Carbondale, Ill area, somewhere in Tennessee at Knoxville while they were hosting a World Fair 1982 (I think that was the year), and last time we went camping as family was at Rocky Mountain near Colorado Springs, we hiked up to Pike's Peak.
Those were fun.

Also, I went to sleepaway camp often which is Camp Lions of Illinois. I usually go away for two weeks in Ravenswood at I think near Fox Lake (I was a kid that time and my parents drove me there so I don't recall exact location).
Later years, I started going to southern site at Carbondale and started liking the place there. There were much more things to do and more of going out to do activities rather than staying in one spots and do all the activities there.
One year in 86, I was a member of CLAWS (Camp Lions Adventure Wilderness School), I was a part of a group of campers that went out in the woods for 14 days, backpacking, hiking, rockclimbing, rope course, swimming, rafting (and sleeping on it for 24 hours). Lots of things to do and it was fun. :) Great for weight loss program too as I came back home later on, my parents noticed that I was much thinner and tanner than before leaving for camp.
I missed those days. They were fun. :)

Back