Camping

ravensteve1961 said:
Has anyone tried camping on the beach?

i done it on mother's day last month. :)

Attachments

• dfe2.jpg
    dfe2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ac8e.jpg
    ac8e.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 7
I stand corrected. Looks freaky. That bear is crazy enough to eat people. :P

hotdog.jpg

Sabrina has broken florida laws. DONT FEED THE ALLIGATORS!

I've been to camping alot of times. I went camping at GSM and other mountiains. Its fun. Also I did camp at beach in Hawaii.. Hey Java and your partner, didn't u get any chance to camp at beach??

Camping on the beach with set of fire with view of sea sound romantic. I would like experience it one day.

^^ I already have experienced camping close to the beach, we were in a coastal redwood forest right next to a beach down the small cliff up in Northwest california coast. We didn't actually camp ON the sand, just right in a tall stands of redwood trees.

Liebling:-))) said:

whoa ! that bear was definitely bloodly mad ! :eek2:

i agree with sequoias that bears would not bother us yet. if i go backpacking in northwest, i would carry several flares and bear pepperspray or i can carry a bell on my backpack so the bears wud hide from me making the noises with the bell.

black bears are shy yet u have to watch out the mother bear ! WALK away when u see the cubs. NO eyes contacting at mother bears or mean bears. NO running bec they wud think you are their prey if u run away.

brown bears or grizzlies... well u have to run for life ! or climb up the trees more than 20 ft above the ground before the claws wud slash ya ! i m not sure about playing dead before the brown bears approach. i read some stories in backpacker magazines that as approaching the brown bears playing dead is not efficient. for instance, i read one of the articles about that brown bears killed grandmother when she tried playing dead.

i prefer carrying the flares and bear pepperspray that work better.

Got a friend who told me about his camping experience in WA with his girlfriend (LONG time ago... he was 19-- he is in his 30s). Three days of camping and three nights of chaotic encounters with bears. First night-- bears raided his cooler so he put them in the car. Later during the night the gfd heard something, the car window was broken and the cooler was raided again but he chased them away. Next night he put the cooler in the TRUNK of the car...
woke up in the morning and saw the car's backseat being MAULED and a baby bear was still in there, looting the cooler from the backseat... He chased it away. Finally on the last night he remembered from his boy scouts day that he was supposed to hang it up from a tree branch. ("D'OH" he went!) But it was the last night and the car was already mauled-- window broken, driver's seat was broken (He had to drive with no back support all way back home), backseat with a hole in it, scratches all over the hood and the top. It was hilarious to hear his story! ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CAR WAS HIS GIRLFRIEND'S!!!! :whistle:

gnarlydorkette said:
Got a friend who told me about his camping experience in WA with his girlfriend (LONG time ago... he was 19-- he is in his 30s). Three days of camping and three nights of chaotic encounters with bears. First night-- bears raided his cooler so he put them in the car. Later during the night the gfd heard something, the car window was broken and the cooler was raided again but he chased them away. Next night he put the cooler in the TRUNK of the car...
woke up in the morning and saw the car's backseat being MAULED and a baby bear was still in there, looting the cooler from the backseat... He chased it away. Finally on the last night he remembered from his boy scouts day that he was supposed to hang it up from a tree branch. ("D'OH" he went!) But it was the last night and the car was already mauled-- window broken, driver's seat was broken (He had to drive with no back support all way back home), backseat with a hole in it, scratches all over the hood and the top. It was hilarious to hear his story! ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CAR WAS HIS GIRLFRIEND'S!!!! :whistle:

Oh my goodness! :Ohno:

I am thinking of taking deafclimber with me as my bodyguard since he knows so much about outdoor wilderness, It would be more safer if he comes along. :giggle: Just kidding, I mean seriously I would take his advice and suggestion before I go camping. ;)

gnarlydorkette said:

lmao ! i almost laughed loudly at work ! u finished ! gnarly !

that was hilarious ! see that the bears ran away, not attacking on you !... that is why they are shy ! but mischervious ! lmao !

Cheri said:
Oh my goodness! :Ohno:

I am thinking of taking deafclimber with me as my bodyguard since he knows so much about outdoor wilderness, It would be more safer if he comes along. :giggle: Just kidding, I mean seriously I would take his advice and suggestion before I go camping. ;)

lol !

my hearing friend and i went to cohutta wilderness area for 5 days and 4 night. he was pizzed off at me bec he couldnt stand me snoring loudly in tent for 3rd row nights. and on very last night as i slept, he went like :pissed: and he screamed at my face" Eric ! stop snoring !" suddenly i did stop snoring. he went like "whoa ! it worked". in few hrs later somehow he heard two bears walking and sniffing around our tent. then they left our site peacefully. they did not damage anything. our foods were hanged up on trees. he was scared inside the tent and that brought his memory that he had bad experience with the bears when he lived in wyoming. his face was faced to the bear's face by few inches but the bear ran away. he was lucky. anyway. when i woke up, he admitted me that he couldnt sleep very well for 4 row nites because of my loud snorings and black bears. :giggle:

since then he always carry giant size(20oz) bear pepper spray when we go backpacking.

deafclimber said:
lol !

my hearing friend and i went to cohutta wilderness area for 5 days and 4 night. he was pizzed off at me bec he couldnt stand me snoring loudly in tent for 3rd row nights. and on very last night as i slept, he went like :pissed: and he screamed at my face" Eric ! stop snoring !" i did stop snoring. he went like "whoa ! it worked". in few hrs later somehow he heard two bears walking and sniffing around our tent. then they left our site peacefully. they did not damage anything. our foods were hanged up on trees. when i woke up, he admitted me that he couldnt sleep very well for 4 row nites because of my loud snorings and black bears. :giggle:

since then he always carry giant size(20oz) bear pepper spray when we go backpacking.

:rofl: Funny story deafclimber. It wouldn't have bother me if you were snoring loud, because I'm deaf :rofl:

I would have been like your friend, who would have trouble sleeping because of bears walking around the tent. I'll put that bear pepper spray on my list, Does it really helps? ;)

Cheri said:
:rofl: Funny story deafclimber. It wouldn't have bother me if you were snoring loud, because I'm deaf :rofl:

I would have been like your friend, who would have trouble sleeping because of bears walking around the tent. I'll put that bear pepper spray on my list, Does it really helps? ;)

yea that would be helpful... but maybe my snoring wud bother the bears and they dont want to come near me ! :)

gnarlydorkette said:

Oh my fookin' christ! :lol: Hope his GF had good bear insurance!

gnarlydorkette said:

:-o poor guy!!!
what a great story for America's Funny Home Videos!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG :shock: :Ohno:

*goose pump* over bears experience stories here. :Ohno:

Yes, I´m agree with you Cheri, I need Deafclimber around as watchguard. No problem with your snoring, Deafclimb because I am :deaf: :whistle:

Back