Camping

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I searched for threads about camping, But I did not find any. If this is a repost. Sorry :giggle:

I was wondering if any of you like camping? I am trying to find a camping spot, for tents placement at the campground?

Any of you know where the best place to camp at?

Love camping, love using national park campgrounds -

KOA is nice ... if u dont mind generic campgrounds.

Camping is pretty cheap, also. A friend of mine is camping all summer - only 400 for the whole time!

Private camping is still good.. depend where you surfing in the website..

Why don't you try use Google and will come lotsa of informaiton listing for campsite vary prices.

I lurv camping... :) I like private camping because reasonable prices and perfome rates excellence too.

Wishes you have great hunting the camping surrodings.

DreamDeaf said:
Love camping, love using national park campgrounds -

KOA is nice ... if u dont mind generic campgrounds.

Camping is pretty cheap, also. A friend of mine is camping all summer - only 400 for the whole time!

Where's KOA? I'm curious about the campgrounds too. I went camping on Memorial Weekend in West Point, Tenn. but this is in the national forest, no bathrooms, shower, etc. That place is normally for 4-wheeling riders. I would like to know more about other campgrounds.

Thank you dreamdeaf for these link too...

As my family and I LOVE to camp also...
We tend go to camping in NH... Now I am going to include Maine as well.
I may camp out in Midwest when I come out this summer...

CHeri, I will let you know when I decide to go. I still haven't decide which week yet.. and I hope it will not be on the same week when you are GONE.. I would love to meet you, angel, roadrunner. and Others as well :)

Wendy

I love camping in the wilderness, like in national forests and national parks with campgrounds. It's more natural than camping at KOA, in my opinion. :)

I highly recommend

Big Sur!

I did make a thread about Big Sur... they have MANY campsites along highway 101 with breathtaking views!!! there are places for RV, tents, or simply park your car and sleep in the backseat! ;)

I went camping once with my old friends, I didnt really enjoy it cos my friends were very stressed and wouldn't relax :ugh2:

I would go again with different people though! Camping on the beach sounds like fun!

sequoias said:
I love camping in the wilderness, like in national forests and national parks with campgrounds.

Wilderness? :Ohno: I dunno about that one, I am afraid of bears and snakes. :o

Dreamdeaf, Thanks for the links I'll check them out. *Mwah*

Wendy, That's sounds cool, It would be awesome to meet you and your family. I was thinking maybe in Sept. when the bbq shows are over to go camping. I am trying to find the best spot and pleasure one to go camping. I've seen some camping grounds in Southern Ohio, But they aren't all that great. I was hoping to find something that has fishing ponds to go fishing, a lake for the kids to go swimming and hiking as possible. I remember I went camping long, long time ago and where everyone goes and play bingo at the campingground That was fun. ;)

I don't mind traveling out of state to go camping, Anywhere anyone knows the best spot to go camping. ;)

I love camping! :) I have camped quite a few times in my life in a FL state park, in North Georgia, and in central Florida (Kissimmee). :) I enjoyed all of the camping trips. :) Sometimes we took our tents to sleep in, but most of the times we took our camping trailer (with the works: A/C, kitchen, beds, etc.). :)

Oh yeah, I also camped on an ISLAND with my 5th grade class and we stayed overnight. We all arrived by boat. :) One one side of the island was the girls' area (where I was) and the other side was the boys'....yes, our teachers and the Environmental Studies guides were there too, to look after us so we behave. :) We all slept in tents, had an outside toliet that we had to DIG UP from the ground (2 on the island), and I remember looking at the water and the sunset at night with my group, and we had a bonfire. It was so much fun. :) We also studied "habitats" of sea animals that we find in the water. :) One of the girls in my group won an award for "best digger" for our toliet, and I won "Best camper". :)

sequoias said:
I love camping in the wilderness, like in national forests and national parks with campgrounds. It's more natural than camping at KOA, in my opinion. :)

i second that. i love backpacking in the wilderness areas or national forests. for instance when i went backpacking in cohutta wilderness area, i only saw 3 people and one dog in woods in 5 days.

i feel bad for those ppl never see those awesome scenes like waterfalls and wild animals in heavy woods. the national parks arent bad, but there are too crowd. i encourage my friends from my town to try day hiking with me in wilderness areas or national forests. they enjoyed a lot.

Cheri said:
Wilderness? :Ohno: I dunno about that one, I am afraid of bears and snakes. :o

Youre Safe with me.. Ill protect you from bears N snakes.Espcialy from the Chicago Bears. :mrgreen:

ravensteve1961 said:
Youre Safe with me.. Ill protect you from bears N snakes.Espcialy from the Chicago Bears. :mrgreen:
I can't tell if you are just trying to hit on her or that you are just being completely nuts.

deafclimber said:
i second that. i love backpacking in the wilderness areas or national forests. for instance when i went backpacking in cohutta wilderness area, i only saw 3 people and one dog in woods in 5 days.

i feel bad for those ppl never see those awesome scenes like waterfalls and wild animals in heavy woods. the national parks arent bad, but there are too crowd. i encourage my friends from my town to try day hiking with me in wilderness areas or national forests. they enjoyed a lot.

yeah, I like national forests better because they're generally less busy and less developed. We used to camp outside Yosemite National Park out in the national forest region in California, that's one of the example.

My mom, her friend and my best friend and I went hiking 5 miles to the small lakes in the high country of El Dorado National Forest west of Lake Tahoe basin. It was a really fun and long hike over the rocks, we hiked from the base of 6,600' and we camped out at 8,000+ ft elevation near the lakes, the water was very clean, straight from snowpack. Me and my best friend went our own and walked on the leftover snow melting during the summer months of August, we walked up to 9,000-9,500' We brought our own water pump with filter built in so we can drink water from the lake, it is VERY fresh water I've ever tasted! I would never forget that hike we had, I have some old pictures of it. :) It was in 1995.

I love camping, we went camping a couple of times last summer but this summer we're going to be pretty busy, so I suppose camping is out of question this summer but there's always next time!...

Sis, if you need to find a place where you can camp at, I have a couple of bookets that you can look thru, they have many many places you can go for camping and they're cheap too but nice areas!!!

I used to like camping even tho it was first and last time was back in 5th grade for science camp in a beautiful campsite and I felt so relaxed and all but I wud love to go camping again but need to make sure u hang out with right people that u will be so comfortable with u know? if u hang out with who u won't feel comfortable. tho :)

sequoias said:

I second that! :wave:

Back