Byrdie Situation UPDATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I move that new procedures should be set up for new members. They should not be able to post till approved by MOD's. That way they can be checked out and it would also end all spam posts too.

Most message boards do that. but try to remember that some poeple change their email address and forgotten their old screenname and password so they have to create a new account.

I think lot of you remember a while back that Byrdie expressed extreme bitterness about AD favoritism and rules being bended around for certain ADers. Perhaps that caused him to have an ulterior motive to shatter the AD community. Remember since then - his posts got more bitter like dog and homeless person.

disgusting...

Most message boards do that. but try to remember that some poeple change their email address and forgotten their old screenname and password so they have to create a new account.

that's not a problem, they would just have to wait for MOD's to approve them before they can post. If needed, they can explain to them or they can reset it so they can get it back.. There are ways to work this out.

What do you mean? I said new members not the existing ones.

He mean that it could be just about anyone, anyone could be anybody they wanted to be, and that they aren't who they say they are. No matter how much posts you got or how much you can trust, how much sweet or nice they are, there's always a evil twist in all of them. In the end we get hurt so great that we cannot expression ourselves only to end in many bad ways. This is truly a unfortunately turns of event. We may be "one of us...one of them" This is unforgivable.

I think lot of you remember a while back that Byrdie expressed extreme bitterness about AD favoritism and rules being bended around for certain ADers. Perhaps that caused him to have an ulterior motive to shatter the AD community. Remember since then - his posts got more bitter like dog and homeless person.

disgusting...

Yeah, I remember. DAMN

I don't buy that he'd pull off such a hoax and hurt his friends just because one member got permission for a 2nd account and another member got banned for a month. My guess, and this is purely speculative, is that something happened that really hurt him, like breaking up with his husband, or something along those lines, and he really needed some sympathy. Faking his own death was a way to go about it. Then he would come back and say it was a nasty prank by a punk nephew.

That's just my guess. It's the only thing I can think of that makes any sense. Whatever's going on with him, I wish him well.

That's what I think, plus getting some attention. I hope he have someone to talk to if that's the case.
He should have known how many people cared about him and how much it hurted them.

That's what I think, plus getting some attention. I hope he have someone to talk to if that's the case.
He should have known how many people cared about him and how much it hurted them.

ANd how much it has hurt us. :mad2:

that's not a problem, they would just have to wait for MOD's to approve them before they can post. If needed, they can explain to them or they can reset it so they can get it back.. There are ways to work this out.

yes, but then again that person could be a fake to.. it's a good idea for a new screenname with their new email address. if they forgotten their old one. AIM (AOL messager) would not let anyone resurrect a screenname if they don't have access to their email or anything like that. Everyone have to make a new account if they can't access their old one.

Whatever the reasons he had for this, it was wrong and very unfair. Hoaxes like this have far reaching consequences. What if an ADer takes ill and hospitalized, and God forbid, loses their life sometime in the future? When we hear of it, we're likely to be cynical and not accept it at face value. How is that fair? It isn't.

I think we all have a reason to be angry and upset that someone thought to be so cruel as to do fake their own death on a public message board. It's sick and the person/people that does this are screwed up beyond comprehension.

Byrdie was my friend, but I'm glad he's been banned. I also hope the other accts were also deleted as they helped to perpetrate this and screw us all over.

A thank you to the mods for getting to the bottom of this so quickly. Candy, kudos to you and the team!

Are we 100% sure that it wasn't a prank by his nephew?

A lot of unanswered questions.

Perhaps. the SO took the IP and created his own account.

I am not sure... I am still trying to figure this out.

The IP address being from Wyoming, is what threw me off.

This whole thing sucks!

A lot of unanswered questions.

Perhaps. the SO took the IP and created his own account.

I am not sure... I am still trying to figure this out.

The IP address being from Wyoming, is what threw me off.

This whole thing sucks!

And I am still puzzled about Jillio getting emails from his SO...oh well.

Please remember this..

To err is human, to forgive is divine.

I know we all are feeling all kinds of emotions because we're shocked, angry, hurt but remember, be happy. He's alive.

Yes, we want to chew his arse out for making us cry, grieve but isn't that what humanity is?

Everyone has a need and a desire to be wanted.

Maybe Byrdie's hurting really bad, try to reach out to him and help him out like he has to us.

Be soft with our words... please.

And I am still puzzled about Jillio getting emails from his SO...oh well.

Jillio's not going to be happy about this once she comes online....

The IP addresses were all from the same place... One IP address 3 names. Maybe that is easier for you all to understand.

yes, but then again that person could be a fake to.. it's a good idea for a new screenname with their new email address. if they forgotten their old one. AIM (AOL messager) would not let anyone resurrect a screenname if they don't have access to their email or anything like that. Everyone have to make a new account if they can't access their old one.

A lot of sites ask personal questions to enable someone to retrieve a password or create a new one...

Such as..

What is your favorite animal.

What school you graduated from

What year did you graduated.

your favorite animal etc.... etc....

to prevent screen name changes etc.

to be able to just create another account is just............(bleep)

Please remember this..

I know we all are feeling all kinds of emotions because we're shocked, angry, hurt but remember, be happy. He's alive.

Yes, we want to chew his arse out for making us cry, grieve but isn't that what humanity is?

Maybe Byrdie's hurting really bad, try to reach out to him and help him out like he has to us.

I know what you're saying Patty, but no. This is betrayal on the deepest level. This hoax has far reaching implications and can't be overlooked or forgiven. At least, not yet.

Please remember this..

Right now I dont feel that way. Maybe later I will but right now I feel like cussing him out...which was why I had to do it in the other thread just to get them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back