Body piercing and Tatoos Ruins?

what about....

Heh.. But why can't you all post pics of your tats and piercings? It's more fun to see it than just to talk about it. Well, it is better to see them and you talk about each one. I know from my experience talking to other people with tattoos/piercings, everyone ALWAYS tell a story behind each tattoo or piercing they got, how they came up with the concept and why they put it on their bodies. You get the idea.

My first tattoo I got on June 2000:
tattoo1.jpg

I took a long time to think about this one, about 5 years or less. The first one is a blue fireball with kanji inside. Almost anyone from Asia can read it. It means "person above the earth" or "angel". And the fireball is like my temper and stubbornness. Blue is my favorite color. I totally came up with the concept, had a tattoo artist help map it out and use 5 shades of blue to white. That tattoo represents me. It costed me about $175.00. The pain factor?? It felt like a scratchy, electric vibrator popping my skin with needles. Stings, but not painful.

My second tattoo I got a week after my birthday in October 2002:
tattoo2.jpg

The second tattoo was a steal! What happened was my best friend decided to get a tattoo. Our religion do not condone getting tattoos, so I told him he has to be very, VERY sure before getting one. Of course, a tattoo is pretty permanent and is a long-term commitment. I was respecting his choice and at the same time I was reminding him of the consequences: his girlfriend he is about to marry will get pissed off at him and his family will disown him or something. He said he was very sure about it. So, we went to a tattoo parlor to make an appointment.
He brought a picture he picked off the internet:
twister.gif

He paid the $50 non-refundable deposit. My best bud decided he was going to put that tornado tattoo on his tummy, just on the right side and below the belt line so his family won't see it. All we had to do was to wait for a few days and he would get a new tattoo. Also, I had been thinking about getting my feet tattooed with something small relating to stars and the universe. I wasn't really going to get anything done because some multicolored tattoos are too expensive. He somehow told his "churchy" friends he was going to get a tattoo. Lo and behold, they all oppressed him into not getting a tattoo by feeding him guilt trips and Bible-thumping lectures. What happened to respecting other people's decisions?!?! About three to four days later, my poor, best bud asked me to take the fall for him and use up the $50 dollar deposit. If he had cancelled the appointment, he would have lost $50! I went online to look for various pictures that seems worthy to put on my body. Since my birthday is October, I decided to look for that Libra symbol. I looked at tons of Libra symbols and NONE of them satisfied me. I decided to draw my own, fired up Photoshop 7 and started whipping up a batch. You can check the list here. I made several designs and had my best bud to help pick one. I was not too happy with most of them. Then, I touched up the last one and turned out great! It looks like this:
thelibra.jpg

So, the day came when we were to do the appointment. We were on time and found out the tattoo artist had slept late. We waited and waited for about an hour until he finally showed up in a hurry. He went ahead and got the tattoo stencil ready. I laid on that cot and he put the tattoo stencil on my skin like it is a temporary tattoo. He used dark blue ink and did that Libra symbol on my tummy below the bellybutton. Holy shit! It hurt more than the fireball tattoo! I asked the tattoo artist where does it hurt the most on people when they get a tattoo. He told me the worse spots are on the sides of the underarms, groin areas, torsos and waists. You better be taking notes here if you plan on a future tattoo, people! The tattoo artist finished and cleaned up. We went up to the register and the guy said, "You already paid me 50 bucks. I am not going to charge you more because I was late this morning!!" Whoa, nice dude!

.. and I also got 5 piercings, too much trouble to take pics of all of them. However, I will tell you what I got and when:
1) I got my first piercing in June 2000. Where?? Not telling you!
2) I got my tongue pierced in August 2000. Funny story, but I am not writing a book. Okay?
3) I got another piercing in the beginning of 2002, strange that I don't remember when I got it, but I know it is in early 2002. Where?? Again, not telling you!
4) I got my nipples pierced during February 2002. It hurt like when you go numb and can't breathe for like 45 seconds. The piercer suggested that both nipples are to be pierced at the same time, because doing one and then the other will be way more painful to deal with. Equal level of surprise and pain is better than one surprise and one pain, you get my drift? Again, you better be taking notes here if you plan on getting both of your tits pierced!

I will get 2 more piercings on the top lobes of my ears and one more tattoo on my upper-middle back. With what I already got, my family is pissed I have them. My online Thai girl recently got pissed when I told her I have tats and piercings, so it turned her off somewhat and isn't serious with me anymore. The Deaf Mormon community in Utah thinks I am going to Hell. And, me, I am just too happy with my body art. So, fuck everyone else if they got a problem with it!

:booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind posting pics of my tattoos here, but i have to install a file from the software cd for my digital camera to be able to upload pics .. I cant now, cuz my son was being full of mischief the other day.. he found pennies and put it in the cd slot. I can't get them out, so I have to take this computer to the shop to get it out :roll:

i have a tattoo, and plan to add one more soon.

its a pain in the ass uploading the pictures here, :o

Originally posted by d

A pain in the ass?? Please!! Look at my previous post. Typing that long is a pain in the ass!

Originally posted by Deaf258
A pain in the ass?? Please!! Look at my previous post. Typing that long is a pain in the ass!

:laugh2: you got a point there, but i definitely enjoyed looking at your pictures and story :o

i've had 6 tattos.. and wanted more tattos...hmmz maybe 2 or 3 more tattos.. :-P

Originally posted by LiLyxLui
i've had 6 tattos.. and wanted more tattos...hmmz maybe 2 or 3 more tattos.. :-P

Yeah?? What's the story and where's the pics?

There's another thread where you can post pictures of your tatoos and piercings ;)

And, yes, getting pierced did affect me some. I was 12 and mom wouldn't let me have piercings any more than 1 on each ears. So I asked dad (they r divorced) and he's softhearted and let me so I got my cartilage pierced, when I went home, mom was sooo mad that she gave me the silent treatment for few days. But then she got the hang of it and I got more done on my ears and she eventually gave me permission to have my belly done when I was 16.

i never had a tattoo yet, but plans to get one sometimes soon.

my old h.s. friend had tattoo removed and i seen her scar, but it's interesting though.

Ah, when I was 7, I've always wanted my ear lobe pierced. Mom would not let me! So I asked my real dad ( they're divorced) whenever I got the "weekend" with him, he took me over and got my ear lobes pierced- but.... when the lady did one of my ear, I CRIED! I wouldnt let her do my other ear. So I went home to my mom's with one ear peirced- ofc mom was pissed.

I got older, on my 11th birthday, mom took me to get both of my ear lobes pierced. I wasn't statisfied- and I loved jewerly so much, I wanted more. Mom wouldn't let me either.

So, at 14, I got the second one done on my right ear. Got made fun of that I was "lesbian" just because I had more piercings on my right ear? wtf? So finally, when I turned 15, got my second one done on my left ear.

Turned 16, got my third piercing on both ear lobes. And the following year, I begged mom to let me have a cartlidge peircing- she wont let me.

Ah! Mom finally let me get my left cartlidge pierced when I almost turned 17. And I would have to say... since then, I've became rebellious, snuck out and all- I even snuck out and got my tounge pierced for the first time when I was only 17. Mom found out two months later (been hiding it, wearing clear tube). Made me take it off due to "cheerleading" and inapprorite look.

So, I turned 18, and got my tounge pierced again. OFC mom was upset but accepted. Still have it today. And just about last year April when I came to RIT to visit- I went with a friend to get my belly pierced. Came home, mom was upset too.

And recently fall quarter, me and couple others went and got my targus pierced! Mom and my sisters did not know until Thanksgiving. They accepted but kept wondering if it'd hurt! That was the last peircings I have now.

How it would have effected my life? I'd say my tounge ring plays the major role- I dont show off my tounge much often- so peope I've met already had impression of me, but once they got to know me and I talk to them more often thats when my tounge gets visualable and they would go "OMG, you have tounge ring! when did you get it?" or give me a look. I'm like, you got a problem? OFC it changes their impression of me- and god who knows, I do not want to know lol.

No tattoos... hard to find the "right" symbol that'd fit me and stay on forever. Thought about chinese symbol of "faith" or "love". *shrugs*

EDIT: Sorry! I didn't realize it was THAT long! *blusH*

Re: what about....

The Deaf Mormon community in Utah thinks I am going to Hell. And, me, I am just too happy with my body art. So, fuck everyone else if they got a problem with it!

granted i agree with the other ppl saying ur post is TOO LONG -- but just had to say something
:werd: abt the LDS community -- raised a mormon myself and have a tattoo and want more LOL -- my family :shock: but left me be cuz i reminded them its MY body and i dont practice the faith anymore :laugh2:

Originally posted by d

Yeah it's a pain in the ass to upload pictures, anyways, you are planning to get one more, what kind?

Went to tattoo salon twice. Talked with tattoo artist about cover up my old tattoo I hate it. He said too much black ink can be more difficult. Only way is cover up with lot of BLACK (no other color) or HELL laser. oh geez!!

Originally posted by Lasza
Went to tattoo salon twice. Talked with tattoo artist about cover up my old tattoo I hate it. He said too much black ink can be more difficult. Only way is cover up with lot of BLACK (no other color) or HELL laser. oh geez!!
What's wrong with your tattoo?

Originally posted by VamPyroX
What's wrong with your tattoo?

One of my three tattoo was my ex's choice. Wanna get rid of that. :(

Originally posted by Lasza
One of my three tattoo was my ex's choice. Wanna get rid of that. :(
Ah... that's a big mistake! I would never get a tattoo that relates to something in a relationship. People go in and out of relationships. People get married and divorced. Many things happen when it comes to relationships and the only thing that is best used as a reminder of that relationship is the gifts that is exchanged amoung the couples. Tattoos are definitely not a way to go when it comes to relationships.

That reminds me of a commercial I saw years ago. This guy was getting a tattoo of a heart with his girlfriend's name on it. Her name was Norma. When she asked if he could afford it, he said, "Sure!" and pulled out his cash. He realized that he didn't have enough money so the tattooist kicked him out. The girlfriend got pissed off as she walked away and the guy chased after her. On his arm, it wasn't finished. Unfortunately, the tattooist stopped after the "M". Moral of the commercial... "If you had your credit card, you wouldn't have 'NORM' tattoed on your arm!'"

Back