Blackberry Storm!

Unfortunately, you are :(

is there a way to remove a voice plan for blackberry storm but with unlimited data plan for deaf people like me? im planning to order one via online but it wont let me remove the voice plan.

When you order that on VerizonWireless.com, you should see all the tabs, one of them is messaging, so select that one if you want data plan without the voice one.

$55/mo is still a little overrated. While other carrier provide cheaper price. Why Verizon?

My BB data is $50 per monthly for unlimited data.

Go to http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessibility

There's a bb data plan without voice at $55/mo.

I use that TAP plan on my storm.....
Thanks for information and sadly, I decided to purchase a blackberry bold instead. BB unlimited data plan costs me $35 monthly under ATT wireless service. That's not reason why I purchased it but because it has everything, I meant EVERYTHING. it seems BB bold is the best one ever, in my opinion.

Try beat my data plan including 5000 text/mo at $26.99 a month with my Samsung i907. :naughty:

Another BBY Storm User

sablecort - you are not alone. I'm another Storm user. I have it since I stood in the line on Nov. 21. :)

For others - I use Verizon Wireless (VZW) service bcz most of other cellular services doesn't provide strong signal in where I live. (I live in the rural area of Maryland.) Additionally, VZW provide intensive coverage in the most of the U.S. Go ahead and compare VZW coverage map with other cellular wireless maps... you'll be surprised. :O (If you found something better than VZW, pls let me know...)

Anyway, thought I wld clarify here about the plans... there are 2 data plans for the Deaf with VZW... one for "smartphone" (such as Blackberry & Treo) which cost $55/mo and the other is for "non-smartphone" (which may include the following brands; Nokia, Samsing, LG, etc) which cost $35/mo. Both of these plans come with unlimited messaging (including text, pix, video, and IM), unlimited web access, and unlimited data usage... The only difference is that smartphone plan comes with unlimited personal e-mail up to 5 accounts (maybe more). A nice advantage if you want to have seperate e-mail (one for work, one for personal, one for junk, etc).

Now, my BBY plan come with "phone as modem" or PAM (as Sprint called it) for no charge. The VZW website mentioned that you get this PAM option for additional charge, $15 (I think). However, I got this charge "waived". During my Storm purchase, the sales person that I work during with need to get authorization from the "top" manager to waived this charge. This happen because they recoginized that I'm not going to use voice plan at all.

Furthermore, since I have Storm for about a month now, I have enjoyed every minute of it! Granted, there are some pro and con with this. I will give detail review over the weekend... hang in there...

Happy Holiday,
DefEngr

my bro works at a design agency that was working on ads for blackberry storm. He said that it takes a while for it load whenever you touch the screen. Like if you touch the icon to access texting, google, gps or whatever, it doesnt instantaneously take you there.

I said network signal from tmobile.

I love Verizon.

You got that right.. Consider this recent news I read at work:

Inauguration Traffic No Match for ‘The Network’

Our network in Washington D.C. handled as much as five times the normal call volume during Tuesday’s Inauguration events. Even in the most crowded spectator areas nearest the U.S. Capitol, the vast majority of calls and messages went through on the first attempt. A Verizon employee wrote in to tell us about her experience:

“I was at the Presidential Inauguration and my Verizon Wireless phone worked the whole time!! I can bear witness firsthand to the power of the Network and our Reliability. I was able to send and receive text messages and phone calls the whole time I was in D.C."

“My bother-in-law has AT&T and he was unable to make and receive calls or send or receive text messages until about 1 pm. Another friend had T-Mobile and her coverage was on and off until after 12:30 pm. I was very happy to tease them about their service providers."

Other Notes from Inauguration Day in Washington, D.C.:

Customers in Greater D.C. sent and received nearly 2.9 million text messages from 10am - 2pm ET on Tuesday.

Our D.C. F Street Communications Store was open on Inauguration Day and offered free battery recharging, hot coffee, spare batteries and accessories to customers. About 100 visitors came in to get warm when they couldn't get any closer to the actual ceremony so we invited them to stay and watch the swearing in online with us.

One customer came into a store after the ceremony to get her phone recharged. She told us the battery died after she loaned it to so many AT&T customers in the crowd who couldn't get their calls through.

I had to tell you something. I have a problem.

I bought a new Blackberry Storm. I love it! But the problem was $65.00 every month. I can't own it! :( I have to gave back and get my refund back. I am so sad about Verizon. I not understand it! :(

Please help me!!!!

I bought a new Blackberry Storm. I love it! But the problem was $65.00 every month. I can't own it! :( I have to gave back and get my refund back. I am so sad about Verizon. I not understand it! :(

Please help me!!!!

Blackberry service is not cheap, you should have known this monthly price before signing up.

You can return it within 30 days period.. You are lucky you didn't buy it after Feb 14th (this Sat) cuz that the day they will stop offering that 30 trial period.

Please help me!!!!

Hello! Verizon is not deaf friendly yet. It's luxury. wait and see what's happen. Also Storm kind of slow from I read article also not powerful as Iphone. But all of this device not well with keyboard thing, all you have use one finger on touch panel. Maybe I am wrong then stop me. I use 8330 Curve, not bad.

Hello! Verizon is not deaf friendly yet. It's luxury. wait and see what's happen. Also Storm kind of slow from I read article also not powerful as Iphone. But all of this device not well with keyboard thing, all you have use one finger on touch panel. Maybe I am wrong then stop me. I use 8330 Curve, not bad.

I understand clear. Thank you for help. :D

Back