Blackberry Storm!

I said 250, that's part of limited.

text message is unnecessary for me.

Okay. I understand that you don't need the text message. But I need it because I have many friends, cousins and mom have text messages. It's easy for me to contact them instead of trying to call vp. I tried to hold of them on vp and not know where they are at. That's why I must text message. My mom tried to call me on vp but she never get hold of me. So she can send me a text message. Some people don't have AIM or MSN and yahoo IM and not get online. I have to hold of them on text message instead of IM.

Okay. I understand that you don't need the text message. But I need it because I have many friends, cousins and mom have text messages. It's easy for me to contact them instead of trying to call vp. I tried to hold of them on vp and not know where they are at. That's why I must text message. My mom tried to call me on vp but she never get hold of me. So she can send me a text message. Some people don't have AIM or MSN and yahoo IM and not get online. I have to hold of them on text message instead of IM.

Oh, I use text message for my family only.

I'm a goone to camp out at my Verizon store at 5:30 am today. The reason was that my rep told me he only got 40 Storms in stock for today. So I'm going to try to be one of the lucky 40 to get one. The store's opening at 8 am just for the Storm.

I had to add a line to get the $200 price for the Storm. Even Verizon will waive my $50 rebate on the Storm instantly so I dont have to mail it in. So I guess my ex wife gets the EnV but I'm putting in restrictions on it so she doesnt run up so much stuff on my VZW bill.

I got to try a real live demo Storm at the store. The touchscreen is just so unusual different from the iPhone. you gotta press into the glass and it will register. you just cant only touch it like the iPhone. Otherwise, it just looked and worked great. The camera was pretty awesome when I tilt it, the screen will move from portrait to landscape automatically. I was pretty sad when I had to give it back to the VZW rep holding it. But I think she saw me look so excited like a schoolboy with the Storm.

Cant wait :) Finally my Storm chasing will hopefully be over at 8am!

I think my co worker said that he is going to get BB storm tomorrow also. I will see when he gets it, if he ever gets it ha.

UPDATE: My Storm chasing days are OVER! I got my Storm. I stood in line outside the VZW store in 32 degree COLD weather for 2 hours alongside 40 people. I got lucky when I got my Storm reservation card from the manager. That standing in line was sure more FUN than last April when I was standing in line for Grand Theft Auto 4.

The Storm is totally a new experience and Im so infected by the Blackberry religion. two hours in and im already typing on the touchscreen like a pro lol.

Im gonna be a hopeless crackberry addict by the weekend....

Take a look at the EnV and the Storm side by side on my laptop. wow what difference it is.

welcome blackberry family, wooohoo woo!!

UPDATE: My Storm chasing days are OVER! I got my Storm. I stood in line outside the VZW store in 32 degree COLD weather for 2 hours alongside 40 people. I got lucky when I got my Storm reservation card from the manager. That standing in line was sure more FUN than last April when I was standing in line for Grand Theft Auto 4.

The Storm is totally a new experience and Im so infected by the Blackberry religion. two hours in and im already typing on the touchscreen like a pro lol.

Im gonna be a hopeless crackberry addict by the weekend....

Take a look at the EnV and the Storm side by side on my laptop. wow what difference it is.
You are truly gremany/ russian soilder!!! JK wow 32 degree temp.. it would be freak me out... LOL..

anyway, big congrats you got new toy! please let me know how s turn it out..

Good Luck

Awesome! Any news on therthing? (Blackberry as modem?) Sad, no wifi support.

Awesome! Any news on therthing? (Blackberry as modem?) Sad, no wifi support.

Yup, Storm does support tethering for Windows only.

Sab, congratulation on your new BB.

Reminds me how lucky I was to arrive at the Verizon store as ppl were lining up at the door. I counted 10 people when I parked in the lot and came to the end of the line. At 6:45 more people came to the line and the manager started giving out reservation cards for the Storm. Once these cards run out, the Storms are sold out. I got card #11. I even got that card back after the processor gave me back both the EnV and the Storm (I had my buddy list xferred from the Env to Storm).

I had a pre-arranged deal with the guy who did the changeover from my Premium to the cell TAP plan when it came out last summer. I made sure to get the BB TAP plan at $55 then added another line and moved the EnV over to that line. So I only paid 200 plus tax cause my rebate was taken care of with my work ID card.

UPDATE 1-Hundreds wait at Verizon stores for BlackBerry Storm | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

Whoooa 200 ppl in NYC waiting for the Storm. Good thing living in Knoxville paid off for me lol. It was sure worth it freezing my ass off to be the first to adopt a Storm :)

Last edited:
I love BB storm. I do have my own pager BB 8830, but i would buy BB storm, if my old BB get expire.

Sprint users, If you owned blackberry, so you can buy storm from verzionwireless. I bet that you can unlock storm on sprint, did you know that? Because they running the same EV-DO.

Good luck! ;)

Sprint users, If you owned blackberry, so you can buy storm from verzionwireless. I bet that you can unlock storm on sprint, did you know that? Because they running the same EV-DO.

Good luck! ;)

I didn't know before... acha, okay! thanks for your information. I will ask at Sprint about BB 8830 instead BB storm. If i get an Information, then i will let ya know, okay!

Good luck! ;)

it costs money to unlock it. it might be better to buy unlocked BB than to unlock it. but take whatever's cheaper you can find.

it costs money to unlock it. it might be better to buy unlocked BB than to unlock it. but take whatever's cheaper you can find.

oh... whatever, i would go to Sprint and ask them. But thanks for an information!

I didn't know before... acha, okay! thanks for your information. I will ask at Sprint about BB 8830 instead BB storm. If i get an Information, then i will let ya know, okay!
Sunshinelady, I dont buy his crappy post #137. he really know nothing about unlock stuffs like that show his lack of experiences.. He is absolutely W-A-S-T-E!

Honestly I had experinced to unlocked att curve on tmobile as my post #58 at Thread: RIM Officially Announced BlackBerry Curve!. I purchased the unlocked code for 20 bucks which is cheap price. So You can find somewhere unlock code on internet for 10 - 30 bucks around or go the any small business phone store in your location about 20 to 40 bucks around (you can look at yellowpage book).

Today, You can ask verisonwireless about unlock codes for BB storm, dont ask sprint. because sprint doesn't selling storms right now, thats why sprint wont give you unlock code. they would tell you go verzionwireless store to require unlock code they provide for free.. if they ask you why you want unlock code, you have tell them "little white lie" saying, I going on vacation in europe or mexico..whatever. heh-eh shhh.. they will provide you unlock codes..

trust the words..

Keep in mind: when you buy storm from versionwireless, you can ask them for unlock code. dont go to sprint to require unlock code that they aren't relate verzionwireless storm.

Good luck!

I hope that Sprint Storm II would be coming next year??

Back