Blackberry Storm!

Hello! Verizon is not deaf friendly yet. It's luxury. wait and see what's happen. Also Storm kind of slow from I read article also not powerful as Iphone. But all of this device not well with keyboard thing, all you have use one finger on touch panel. Maybe I am wrong then stop me. I use 8330 Curve, not bad.

How exactly do you mean by not "Deaf Friendly"?? They have all technologies offered, text messaging, email, MMS, IM, etc as seen with BB Storm. I cannot be any more impressed with them, sure they a little expensive but well worth it.

If you are referring to "prices", keep in mind that VZW & ATT has better network voice / 3G footprint compared to T-Mobile and Sprint. I know T-mobile is popular for deaf community, but they lack good network and service. T-Mobile is well known for "You pay what you get."

Are you a CI or HA user?'m curious how it does with hearing devices, especially with T-coil. On Verizons website, all it lists is an M3 rating, no mention of a T rating.

I dont have Storm myself, but a friend of mine have one and I checked it out with my CI. I can hear very little buzz which I was very surprised as they are rated as M3 which it should have rated as M4.. I have BB curve myself, but they claimed to be M4/T4, but they are flat out LIE, I can hear tons of BUZZing which make it completely useless in Telecoil mode. Unless I have a malfunctioning model as I only tested on my own. If someone have curve and dont hear buzzing, let me know..

Need big help!what's "umlimited data plan mean ?

I just got new bb storm but i want to learn about whats data plan mean ? Because i'm panic about download free app on blackberry broswer on website are free or what if you guy know about blackberry data plan pls help me understand

It is at home at the moment, I am at my parents so I will show you the pic later, ok? :cool2:

I just got new bb storm but i want to learn about whats data plan mean ? Because i'm panic about download free app on blackberry broswer on website are free or what if you guy know about blackberry data plan pls help me understand

Regardless if that app you downloaded is free or paying, it count against your 5GB data monthly quota.

Hello! Verizon is not deaf friendly yet. It's luxury. wait and see what's happen. Also Storm kind of slow from I read article also not powerful as Iphone. But all of this device not well with keyboard thing, all you have use one finger on touch panel. Maybe I am wrong then stop me. I use 8330 Curve, not bad.

It's not true, Verizon offers alot of mobile stuff to deaf people and they do have TAP (unlimited text) instead of voice plan for around $50 but I decided to not pick TAP because hardly to use text.

Any people who live in rural area or small city/town don't have much choice, Verizon is only one best service to offers EVDO in rural area and small city/town.

BB Storm is like PC and iPhone is like Mac.

It's not true, Verizon offers alot of mobile stuff to deaf people and they do have TAP (unlimited text) instead of voice plan for around $50 but I decided to not pick TAP because hardly to use text.

Any people who live in rural area or small city/town don't have much choice, Verizon is only one best service to offers EVDO in rural area and small city/town.

BB Storm is like PC and iPhone is like Mac.

I do know that TAP plan is designed for and avaliable on AT&T network but not sure about Verizon.

I have heard that Verizon do have a data plan for the Deaf commuities, I don't know what the plan is called but I heard that Verizon Deaf plan are expensive compared to AT&T / Spirit / Tmoblie.

Incorrect.. 5GB limit for ANY data usage regardless of tethering or not.

No, I asked to rep at Verizon store about limit on data, they said 5 GB is applied to tethering plan but mobile data is unlimited.

I do know that TAP plan is designed for and avaliable on AT&T network but not sure about Verizon.

I have heard that Verizon do have a data plan for the Deaf commuities, I don't know what the plan is called but I heard that Verizon Deaf plan are expensive compared to AT&T / Spirit / Tmoblie.

Verizon does have special plan for deaf people.
Nationwide Messaging Plans

Speaking of expensive, it's better than struck with slow internet under EDGE/1x for people live in rural area or small city/town.

I live in rural area and don't have 3G coverage under att, Verizon and Sprint are two of them to offers EVDO in my area but EVDO under Sprint isn't widely as Verizon when come in rural area or small city/town, however att does offers under EDGE.

No, I asked to rep at Verizon store about limit on data, they said 5 GB is applied to tethering plan but mobile data is unlimited.

I work for VZW but not in sales but they are wrong, I am trying to locate that information I saw while back about this cap. As soon I find that info, I will post it here.

Carrier will cannot tell if data is coming from phone itself or via tethering because it always request same service option (phone communicates with switch) when requesting data service. I dont see any "tethering" plan anywhere, I can plug to my BB and use internet without any tethering plan.. Thats why they can't tell the difference.

Even without tethering, it is nearly impossible to reach 5GB in one month unless you send/receives a lot of large large email attachments via BB's email service.

SMS texting message is not data since it use different service option so it is treated differently.

It bothers the hell of me that VZW and other carriers kept on adverting "UNLIMITED" when it is not TRUE.. It is MISLEADING people..

Verizon does have special plan for deaf people.
Nationwide Messaging Plans

Speaking of expensive, it's better than struck with slow internet under EDGE/1x for people live in rural area or small city/town.

I live in rural area and don't have 3G coverage under att, Verizon and Sprint are two of them to offers EVDO in my area but EVDO under Sprint isn't widely as Verizon when come in rural area or small city/town, however att does offers under EDGE.

I read that website you posted about Verzion NMP plan but it doesn't seem to apply only for the Deaf Commuities but also available for the hearing too. So anyone can get that plan. That it still costly because it apply to anyone and you are limited to which device you can have with this plan too.

AT&T TAP Plan is only for the Deaf and you have to get your doctor signature to prove you are Deaf before they would approve you on the TAP plan which have a saving over the hearing plans and cover just about any phone but not BlackBerry since BlackBerry have data only plan on AT&T that anyone can get without voice plan.

I work for VZW but not in sales but they are wrong, I am trying to locate that information I saw while back about this cap. As soon I find that info, I will post it here.

Carrier will cannot tell if data is coming from phone itself or via tethering because it always request same service option (phone communicates with switch) when requesting data service. I dont see any "tethering" plan anywhere, I can plug to my BB and use internet without any tethering plan.. Thats why they can't tell the difference.

Even without tethering, it is nearly impossible to reach 5GB in one month unless you send/receives a lot of large large email attachments via BB's email service.

SMS texting message is not data since it use different service option so it is treated differently.

It bothers the hell of me that VZW and other carriers kept on adverting "UNLIMITED" when it is not TRUE.. It is MISLEADING people..

Ok, 5 GB on data isn't really big deal for me because I use less than 300 MB per month.

It's hard to use tether to laptop without tethering plan because I tried install VZW manager and asked me to pick plan before could start it, at least for BB but no idea about phone with WM.

Are you satisfied with VZW service?

I read that website you posted about Verzion NMP plan but it doesn't seem to apply only for the Deaf Commuities but also available for the hearing too. So anyone can get that plan. That it still costly because it apply to anyone and you are limited to which device you can have with this plan too.

AT&T TAP Plan is only for the Deaf and you have to get your doctor signature to prove you are Deaf before they would approve you on the TAP plan which have a saving over the hearing plans and cover just about any phone but not BlackBerry since BlackBerry have data only plan on AT&T that anyone can get without voice plan.

Ok, sorry, I'm not interested in att.

Ok, 5 GB on data isn't really big deal for me because I use less than 300 MB per month.

It's hard to use tether to laptop without tethering plan because I tried install VZW manager and asked me to pick plan before could start it, at least for BB but no idea about phone with WM.

VZW Manager is not required. All you need is driver which already comes with BB Desktop manager, then create internet dialup with #777 as number. I believe the login info for that is <yourmobile#>@vzw.com with password "vzw".. I will have to verify that tomorrow for you if you are still interested. Only drawback without VZW Manager is you wont be able to tell if you are on EVDO or 1X.

I have not used VZW Manager yet as I am still on ALLTEL billing system which should be integrated to VZW by June time frame then I will be able to upgrade my phone to Storm.

Are you satisfied with VZW service?
I am still on ALLTEL's network, it take about few months to get network integrated. But I can say from what I learned, that VZW does have very good network, even better when they brought out ALLTEL.

VZW Manager is not required. All you need is driver which already comes with BB Desktop manager, then create internet dialup with #777 as number. I believe the login info for that is <yourmobile#>@vzw.com with password "vzw".. I will have to verify that tomorrow for you if you are still interested. Only drawback without VZW Manager is you wont be able to tell if you are on EVDO or 1X.

I have not used VZW Manager yet as I am still on ALLTEL billing system which should be integrated to VZW by June time frame then I will be able to upgrade my phone to Storm.

I am still on ALLTEL's network, it take about few months to get network integrated. But I can say from what I learned, that VZW does have very good network, even better when they brought out ALLTEL.

I have bad news, I had tried to tether my BB without VZW Manager and it work so successful but it made me took to VZW website and ask me to subscribe before start browse.
blackberrypic.jpg

Back