Bill: No snacks for food stamp users

Did you eat all that junk with a food stamp card?

People who like to judge others make me very ill. I'll tell you what I ate today. I skipped breakfast this mornin. I went to the mall and ate Sbarros pizza and breadsticks. I had Mountain dew with the meal... On my way home, I had Crush's strawberry drink, kitkat and chocolate easter egg. Got a problem wit dat? Come to my face and Ill knock you out,cold. Im in excellent shape, Im losin weight and gettin stronger. :mad:

are you in the habit of knocking people out cold if they don't agree with you? how old are you again?

People who like to judge others make me very ill. I'll tell you what I ate today. I skipped breakfast this mornin. I went to the mall and ate Sbarros pizza and breadsticks. I had Mountain dew with the meal... On my way home, I had Crush's strawberry drink, kitkat and chocolate easter egg. Got a problem wit dat? Come to my face and Ill knock you out,cold. Im in excellent shape, Im losin weight and gettin stronger. :mad:

I remember about you had diarrhea.

Not eat breakfast and not eat healthy food that lead to diarrhea.

Have Imodium ready with you and be prepared for fun trip to bathroom.

Im on SSDI and i get monthy food stamps only $30 a month. My Rent has gone up my bills have gone up. Im trying to avoid extra Sales taxes like its added on Sodas. Im against taxes theyre just unfair. There are taxes everything you buy is why i shop at Amazon.com. You see Amazon.com doesnt charge you sales taxes. But Sodas are high as hell on Amazon.com so i applyed for food stamps. Its like a loophole around paying the sales tax. If the wealthy can get away avoiding paying the I.R.S by hiring Lawyers and putting their money in Switzerland why cant we?

I believe the debate is about whether or not food stamps should pay for junk food. If you paid for all that stuff with your own money, then that's your choice and right.

If you start knocking people out cold then you've got other problems to deal with.

After eating all that sugar the guy must have a huge sugar rush , and ready for a fight!

Hey if you want to have diabetics when you get older that is your right!
Last time I checked my blood sugar was 72 or 74... dont worry, I watch and I dont do it everyday. Once in a while is great. :) skip breakfast will not kill you... i only eat breakfast when I can.. :lol: no problems at all..
Did you eat all that junk with a food stamp card?
No,sorry... I had to say something... reason i ate junk food b/c i was out today....beautiful sunny day... i was on cruise control and havin fun with sugar.... :)
are you in the habit of knocking people out cold if they don't agree with you? how old are you again?
Age is just a number...get that in your head. :ty:
I remember about you had diarrhea.

Not eat breakfast and not eat healthy food that lead to diarrhea.

Have Imodium ready with you and be prepared for fun trip to bathroom.

Yea, thanks for bringin up my diarrhea... it was a bad night.. it is normal to have a nasty diarrhea once a while.

Im on SSDI and i get monthy food stamps only $30 a month. My Rent has gone up my bills have gone up. Im trying to avoid extra Sales taxes like its added on Sodas. Im against taxes theyre just unfair. There are taxes everything you buy is why i shop at Amazon.com. You see Amazon.com doesnt charge you sales taxes. But Sodas are high as hell on Amazon.com so i applyed for food stamps. Its like a loophole around paying the sales tax. If the wealthy can get away avoiding paying the I.R.S by hiring Lawyers and putting their money in Switzerland why cant we?

I was denied food stamps,recently. I applied for extra help and qualified... just not food stamp.. only $30? pffffttt

Wirelessly posted

Food stamps need some health food, IMO. Junk food should be expensive than healthy food. I kinda of wish people have some common sense... It is true about feeding little kids some junky food. Even I saw one mother fed her 1 year old kid some McD food. sighs...

I will be honest and say we do that. When my neice and nephew visit, we take them to McDonalds. However, this is a max of once every two weeks, and usually closer to once a month. There is nothing wrong with stopping at McDs once in a while... the problem is when it is a lifestyle, or when the kids eat junk all the time. We also cook real meals for them - meat, side, veggie. We give them apples and oranges as snacks. We give them milk or juice, and sometimes make smoothies for desert. This is what we plan to do with our own kids... We don't really buy many deserts in our house, and are trying to eat larger portions of veggies and smaller portions of meat.

I was denied food stamps,recently. I applied for extra help and qualified... just not food stamp.. only $30? pffffttt

Not understanding here....what's a big, strapping, muscular guy, who threatens to knock people out cold...and seemingly in good health, able to work and find a job....applying for food stamps?....Even asking for "extra help?"....

Knowing you live with Mom & Dad also....(and in your 30's...no baby here!)....no bills....(but stated once that you had "bad credit")....so, more than likely, you were given the opportunity to buy something, then you refused to pay for it!.....sleep late....watch a lot of ball games....are able to go out and spend money on junk foods....and still want the government to give you food stamps and extra help?...In my opinion, that's a sorry excuse for a man.....

...In my opinion, that's a sorry excuse for a man.....
I might not go that far but I would certainly say that as a taxpayer it would ruffle my feathers. There are more needy families in our country who could use more dollars or food stamps, and the resources are limited. I'd rather see those who are really in need get more, and those who don't need it get less (or none).

I will be honest and say we do that. When my neice and nephew visit, we take them to McDonalds. However, this is a max of once every two weeks, and usually closer to once a month. There is nothing wrong with stopping at McDs once in a while... the problem is when it is a lifestyle, or when the kids eat junk all the time. We also cook real meals for them - meat, side, veggie. We give them apples and oranges as snacks. We give them milk or juice, and sometimes make smoothies for desert. This is what we plan to do with our own kids... We don't really buy many deserts in our house, and are trying to eat larger portions of veggies and smaller portions of meat.
That's right. A treat is just that; a rare treat, something special, not an everyday occurrence.

I see nothing wrong with serving sweet treats for Valentine's Day, Halloween, Christmas, Easter, birthdays, celebrations (winning team, promotion) and family visits. That averages out to maybe once a month?

I might not go that far but I would certainly say that as a taxpayer it would ruffle my feathers. There are more needy families in our country who could use more dollars or food stamps, and the resources are limited. I'd rather see those who are really in need get more, and those who don't need it get less (or none).

That's right, Reba...guess I was just being more blunt...(and aren't deafies blunt)?....It ruffles my feathers also, there is so much food stamp fraud these days.

My take on this bill:

Beggars can't be choosers.

The government assistance is suppose to be temporary, not long term. As long as the government is assisting you, be grateful and use it wisely. Once you get back on your feet and get your own income, you can buy all the donuts you want.

My take on this bill:

Beggars can't be choosers.

The government assistance is suppose to be temporary, not long term. As long as the government is assisting you, be grateful and use it wisely. Once you get back on your feet and get your own income, you can buy all the donuts you want.

Yeah, but then again, donuts (sugar) may end up being regulated to death.

I wouldn't necessarily do a full-out ban on sweets, but maybe they could do some sort of quota? Like you can get this many "sweet" items in this amount of time. Maybe you could even build up the amount of sweets you're allowed to get if you don't purchase the full amount of sweets allowed for awhile. Then you could buy a little more for something like a birthday or something.

(Of course, I don't know much of anything about food stamps, so the above suggestion might not be possible.)

Might be a nice idea on doing a "quota" but going in that direction becomes a slippery slope issue. It's like this whole taxation on cigs. If it's a serious health issue, then ban it. But they will never do that. Why? The govt need the money to tax something. Anything... and any excuse to do so.

Yeah, but then again, donuts (sugar) may end up being regulated to death.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! :roll:

Just food for thought (literally): of all the substances that humans willingly consume, sugar is probably one of the major killers in this country behind alcohol and tobacco. So many diseases and conditions are linked to high sugar intake, from diabetes to obesity to cancer. It is also proven that sugar is addictive. The only difference I see between sugar and alcohol/tobacco is that it is not mind/behavior-altering.

"Regulating" sugar would be an impossible task, since it is a major food ingredient, so I don't see how it would ever fall under complete control of the government. At the same time, a much more stern position needs to be taken on sugar--both from the government and from society in general.

BLAME BUSH! For Screwing up the economy!
BLAME BUSH! why unemployment is so high
BLAME BUSH! for this useless war in IRAQ!

And i get $30 a month cause that all the government would give me.

Back