Big, Average, or Small?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
I prefer to have spacious rooms because there's more room to put things in and also to keep it clutter-free.

Although, a medium sized room will just be fine for me as long as I use the best of my judgment to stack things up and put it out of harm's way.

I prefer average sized house or apt.

I lived in a really big house for awhile (7 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) and it was too big for me. Hard to heat and the bills were huge. I've also been in single-wide trailers and felt cramped and cooped up like sardines.

I have claustrophobia, so being in really cramp living space would drive me batty. I couldn't cope.

I currently live in a double-wide, roof over trailer with a living space of about 1300 sq ft and it's not bad. It's roomy and airy. I feel quite comfortable.

My room.

For Hear Again:

This picture shows my bedroom. It has a double bed with a palm tree print bedspread. A palm style ceiling fan above the bed. Two windows on the facing wall, one window on the left. All windows have white plantation shutters. The walls are painted soft green. Facing the foot of the bed is a bamboo stand with a TV. On the TV stand shelf is an antique Japanese tea set that belonged to my grandmother. Over the TV hangs a large white multi-tier capiz shell light that Hubby brought back from the Philippines. On the wall between the windows is my jewelry cabinet. It's a dark bamboo Asian style. On the left wall is part of my bureau and one mirror showing. It's dark wood. On either side of the bed are wall-mounted swing-arm lamps.

I prefer average size instead of smaller size which I have a house which is small. Not enough room to move around. I have a small closet which need more room for two people. Our bedroom does not look like a master bedroom. Yes, I hate clutter and messy especially in a small house. I need spaces because I am a fat woman who bump against doorway everytime there was not enough space. My living room is small and need a bigger like average size to put a easy chair with the ottoman for my husband to relax. Everything we own get crowded all over the place in the house. I don't want a much bigger house like the mansion. You need to be rich to be able to hire housekeeper and other staff who helps clean up the bigger place. So average is better than bigger place.

im lives with my mom but im not sure what sq sizes would be!

i have 4 bedroom
2 bathroom plus my mom's room
kitchen
living room
garage opendoors
shed garages

im hope i would get my own house somedays and need more spaces not small house because im tall.

There are a few things I want large, first being my kitchen. It is awesome to have space for two people to work together in the kitchen. (Im in depression cuz I just sold my house that had my dream kitchen)

I do not mind whether or not a bedroom is large or small. I do though, love a nice large bathroom. I had a bathroom that had 2 different sink/vanity areas with a jaccuzi tub for 2. it also had large shower 5x5 ft. and had 2 shower heads.

I'm a bit of a slob. More Oscar Madison than Felix Unger, lol (did you get that reference, kids?) so the bigger the room, the better.

But then again...a larger room would give me more opportunities to cram junk in it, which i tend to do.

How about this?

small_house.jpg

[yt]SbRvsWuWNUM&e[/yt]

http://tinyhouseblog.com/stick-built/tumbleweed-tour/

Are you for real? The big bad wolf could come along and huff and puff and blow that house down. Stuff 3 little pigs in there and it's a done deal.

i MUST have big room cuz i am shorty and thin and small person, i must have big space, big bed, and everything big lol i know i am weird but the reason why i wanna that was cuz my room is soo friggin small!!!! >.<

I just wonder which you prefer BIG, Average, or Small space?

When I first saw the name of this thread, I thought you were referring to the size of dicks or breasts! :giggle:

Anyhow, I like average. A small apartment is OK at the moment because I live alone and do not have a wheelchair of my own yet (need one), but sometime pretty soon I am going to need something average, just big enough so that it would be completely accessible to get around in a chair. But, I do find that large/big places are harder to keep clean, harder to keep up with. I've had small, I've had large, I've had average/medium apartments and houses that I've rented. I have found that I do the best with average. Right now I have a small apartment cause it is what I can afford right now on my fixed income. I am hoping that sometime soon when I and my fiance are able to afford it, we might rent an average-sized house or flat or apartment (It MUST be a ground floor level flat/house or apartment. No stairs of any kind!). This is my second small apartment in San Antonio since I have moved down here from Minnesota. It is still in the same apartment building and complex, but the first apartment was upstairs on the second floor. That was fine when I first moved here, but about a year ago I started falling down the stairs and having accidents and I was so afraid that one day I will have a horrible fall down the stairs and actually break my neck or crack my skull open! :Ohno: So I asked the rental management office if I could possibly move downstairs to a ground level apartment for safety reasons and ADA accessibility, and they let me move downstairs at no cost. (That was before they dismantled and removed our damn wheelchair ramp about 4 weeks ago for no reason! :mad: This apartment IS on the ground floor, but there are three steps from one end to the parking lot, and 1 step from the other end to the other parking lot). This apartment is still the same size as the one upstairs, though. It will do for now.

As far as bed sizes goes, I hate twin beds. Like I said before, I live alone right now, but I enjoy sleeping in a queen size bed. I also have, on top of my regular queen size mattress and box spring, a foam queen size mattress. I chose not to buy a frame to put my mattresses and box spring on top of for two reasons: I am quite short and I do not want to feel like I have to "climb a mountain" to lay down, and also because I HATE HATE HATE it when my cats go under my bed and play and make a LOT of noise when I am trying to sleep at night. That noise is godawful, I can feel EVERYTHING they do, and it keeps me up. So, no frame = no space for my cats to go under my bed = no noise! The bed is flat on the floor, and I like it best that way! But when I and my fiance get a bigger apartment or flat or house together, I want to upgrade to a king size bed with a king size foam mattress just because I like having a lot of space to move around in while sleeping since he is a big guy even though I am only 5'2 and 156 lbs (I was 180 lbs about two months ago but lost about 30 lbs from frequent kidney infections and them making me sick so much...thankfully the infections have abated).

In my bedroom I have a queen size bed, a ceiling fan with lights, very large sliding doors along one side of my room that leads to my balcony, a small TV stand with a 20 inch TV with built in VCR, a DVD player, a whole bunch of VHS and DVD movies, a lamp stand, VP on top of my TV, Tall 4-drawer dresser with a floor fan on top of it, and a small tall table, a computer desk with my computer monitor and tower on it, a computer chair, a little bigger TV stand that I have been using for my printer/scanner and for other small items, a plastic 3-drawer chest to organize all my medications, first aid stuff, crafts, and other stuff, a tall CD tower, a bathroom with shower and tub and a toilet, and a vanity counter with sink and two mirrors, one of them a medicine chest, and a walk-in closet with clothes hung on both sides, one side has two rails one on top and one on bottom for shirts and for pants, the other side is for long clothes such as dresses, night clothes, towels (I hang my clean towels there because I have no where to put folded towels) and 3 shelves for bedsheets and for all other kinds of stuff in the closet, a hot water heater on top of one area of the closet, and then under that is the cat litter area. I also keep a "hamper" for dirty laundry in the closet as well. It's not an official hamper, but I bought this and not the regular hamper because my cats like to pee on my clothes, so I needed something that is completely solid plastic with no holes or anything so my cats can't go on it and pee on it. (No, I refuse to put down my cats or give them away to shelters just because they pee on things. That's not fair. My cats are still happy and they do use the box most of the times, but they do make mistakes. I have accepted this and do not mind putting up with it because I often find ways to combat this by doing things as using a particular plastic bin with a lid as a hamper instead of a regular hamper, and it works for me). I keep a folded chair near the bathroom vanity counter so I can sit down while brushing my teeth or doing my hair or doing my make-up, since I cannot stand up for very long. I also have central heating and AC in my bedroom, although it does go throughout the whole apartment. I just keep my bedroom door closed to keep the heat in my room to keep my electric bills down. This is just my room. My room does sound big with all this, but it is not. It's not that messy, either. It's actually rather simple., the way I have set up my room.

As for my living room, I have a reclining chair and a paisian chair, and a tall 5-shelf bookcase that is mine, another 20 inch TV and a dry bar that I have been using as a TV entertainment center and storage area, and the dry bar also has two glass shelves as well which is supposed to be for alcohol and whatnot, but I use it for my knicknacks and other little things. There are also two tall floor lamps, and some cat furniture and a scratching post for my cats. There are cat toys all over the apartment, including my bedroom. There is a door that also opens to the balcony, as well. There is a coat closet in the living room, too, that I keep my coats in.

Then I have a kitchen with a eat-in counter and dishwasher and regular counters on both sides, a refrigerator, pantry, cabinets on both sides on the top and the bottom, and a stove.

I do not have a dining room, and do not care for one. I do not even have a dining table. Well, I do have a folding table, but I keep it stored away since I never use it. I never eat in the kitchen. I eat at my computer all the time. I also do not have any couches as well in my living room, I just have not bothered to buy a couch when I moved down here, and I am not in a dire need of one, either. I had three couches when I was in Minnesota, but they got dirty when they were being stored in the barn after I lost my apartment there, and well....ew. The chickens and the roosters and hens and turkeys shat all over them. By the time I was ready to move, I told the owner of the farm to go ahead and burn the damn couches and the bed and all the other furniture there. I didn't want to touch them, with all the bird shit. Ew. I had enough money to buy new stuff when I got here to Texas anyway.

That's all.

Last edited:
When I was 19-21 and lived in Condo with my parents my room was the coolest dope room I've ever had in my life. I'd give anything to have my room and my bathroom there to boot. The bedroom I had was downstairs, nextdoor to laundry which made doing that easy and convienient. My room had my computer desk, a study dest, recliner chair, my queen size bed, guest queen size bed and 2 dressers. Bathroom attach ruled and is still my favorite shower room I ever had. LOT OF AWESOME MEMORIES FROM THAT ROOM.

Sounds like a very huge bedroom! :shock:

My room.

For Hear Again:

This picture shows my bedroom. It has a double bed with a palm tree print bedspread. A palm style ceiling fan above the bed. Two windows on the facing wall, one window on the left. All windows have white plantation shutters. The walls are painted soft green. Facing the foot of the bed is a bamboo stand with a TV. On the TV stand shelf is an antique Japanese tea set that belonged to my grandmother. Over the TV hangs a large white multi-tier capiz shell light that Hubby brought back from the Philippines. On the wall between the windows is my jewelry cabinet. It's a dark bamboo Asian style. On the left wall is part of my bureau and one mirror showing. It's dark wood. On either side of the bed are wall-mounted swing-arm lamps.

Reba, your bedroom is very beautiful and very well-organized. My apartment is not nasty and it is not extremely messy, but I am most certainly not the most organized nor the most neat person in the world. There is some clutter, and I am never very organized, but I have enough control over it that it doesn't become an issue for me nor for anyone else. I have had my apartment inspected so many times, and no one has complained. None of the people in the management office nor the owners of the apartment complex who have seen my apartment many times have complained. I just do enough to keep it from becoming a health issue (vacuuming, cleaning and changing the cat litter, keeping the bathroom clean, keeping the kitchen counters and fridge clean, and taking out the trash whenever it gets full, and thank goodness for the dishwasher!).

Last edited:
My room.

For Hear Again:

Very nice bedroom style...

My bedroom is sort of "Laura Ashley"/"French" style.

When I first saw the name of this thread, I thought you were referring to the size of dicks or breasts! :giggle:

:lol: Aren't you a dirty mind? ;)

Btw, nice details of your apartment :) I can understand about people with the wheelchairs, they do need space. My parents told me that the law required their store to have minimum of 3 feet space hall for people with wheelchair to be accessible.

Reba, your bedroom is very beautiful and very well-organized. My apartment is not nasty and it is not extremely messy, but I am most certainly not the most organized nor the most neat person in the world. There is some clutter, and I am never very organized, but I have enough control over it that it doesn't become an issue for me nor for anyone else. I have had my apartment inspected so many times, and no one has complained. None of the people in the management office nor the owners of the apartment complex who have seen my apartment many times have complained. I just do enough to keep it from becoming a health issue (vacuuming, cleaning and changing the cat litter, keeping the bathroom clean, keeping the kitchen counters and fridge clean, and taking out the trash whenever it gets full, and thank goodness for the dishwasher!).
:ty:

Yes, I love my dishwasher, too! :lol:

Back