Asd

Marj

Reaction score
ASD means American School for the Deaf. It's in West Hartford, CT. Have anyone been there, heard of it, have friends from ASD, or graduated from ASD before?

I'm a Junior in there... the school sucks as usual :|

ASD is quite popular school because everyone know ASD was first school to set up for deaf children.

Originally posted by kevbo
ASD is quite popular school because everyone know ASD was first school to set up for deaf children.

thats true but they would hate it once they joined. :P

I don't think I've visited ASD before. But they owned a summer cmap program Camp Isola Bella, right? I went there in '95.

i've been to ASD many times lol.. i used to play against 'em for bball. :) also went out with a guy who went there... lol. that's history though. :-D

I never heard of ASD. I live in Chicago since I was born and raise in the hearing world. Mainstream a lot. Hell I didnt know about RIT/gally untill a year ago when I join this site and friends told me. Im pretty much out of the deaf world but im learning. I learned a lot in AD.

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
My entire life was revolved in Illinois, so sorry I didn't go to ASD

sam ehere Boston - lol i live in Indiana too ..... my whole life

my friend Jessica Whitney went there. She probaly doesn't remember me as I haven't seen her for over fifteen years (since I was seven) but she lived next door to my family before we moved and she was best friends with my older sister. Last I heard she went to Gally and then to a state college for a Masters. She's now a teacher of the deaf, and went to the Deaf Olympics for basketball.
Oh, and I am sure ASD isn't as bad as being mainstreamed with stupid hearie teachers who think that just b/c you're deaf and getting special ed accomondations you couldn't possibly be smart, and you're just going to end up on SSI/Disabilty for life instead of acheiving anything!

doesn't make any difference cuz everywhere I go or hear from friends they wud say which school that did sucked the most :roll: doesn't surprise me at all ;)

Last edited:
been mainstreamed, but I knew a few former classmates who went there..they didnt like it :roll: eh

I have not seen ASD campus myself. I know a several of my friends attending ASD. One is using pure ASL user and loved ASD. Other one was not crazy about ASD. By the way, I was educated into a mainstreamed school all my life and hated it.

as for knowing anyone from ASD -- i only knew Elise Crawford from my RIT days -- she was my roommate at RIT for a year -- she graduated in 1991

as for moi -- i graduated from MSSD

edit -- now that i think of it -- i also knew Eric Bumbala and i think at least 2 other ppl i met thru my ex roomie Elise -- dunno what happened to her :dunno:

I've been to ASD a countless of times (I live in RI, so that explains ;)) and that goes for MSSD too since my sister is currently a student there.

Back