Asd

Im a CSDF alumni since 91, and i have been learning more abt diffy schools most have said it sucked and some said they went there for the pride of thier championship of certain schools. i knew ASD was the first deaf school after they opened gally unless i was wrong abt my history :-X excuse me historians !

ASD is the first school opened. But I think it was before Gallaudet College. Hmm :dunno: I guess I didn't pay attn enough in deaf studies lol

I live in RI, so that explains
Hi, Alison! so we're neighbors! I'm from Southeastern MA...do you go to school at Rhode Island School for the Deaf? Do you know Jessica? Last I heard she's living in Pawtucket
Back in high school I went to a HoH teen support group in Warwick and one of the guys in it went to Rhode Island School for the Deaf...don't remember his name or anything like that.

Originally posted by allisonjoy
ASD is the first school opened. But I think it was before Gallaudet College. Hmm :dunno: I guess I didn't pay attn enough in deaf studies lol
mmmm.. you got that right ;) :kiss:

Originally posted by Marj
ASD means American School for the Deaf. It's in West Hartford, CT. Have anyone been there, heard of it, have friends from ASD, or graduated from ASD before?

I'm a Junior in there... the school sucks as usual :|

Never heard of that school. I guess I was raised isolated. :dunno:

However, thanks for revealing about that school. What's it like? Why it suck? Is it an oral deaf school? Is sign language allowed? How many students? Teachers nice or mean? I can go on. :roll:

ASD is a big one. It sucks cuz it got zillions rules and one strict ass principal--Fern Reisinger. Yikes. Of course Sign Lanuage is allowed, they even have Poetry contests held there...

Teachers are 50 % nice and mean...

u can go on lol..

I've been at asd for more than 15 years. im 17 now and im a junior..

Jessica Whitney was once my staff and a good friend of mine. :) She's in Pawetucket. :D She even earned a hall of fame! *yippie* with one of a female uconn player.. fergot her name, argh!!

I've been to MSSD, Youth Scholar Program @ Gally... I've been everywhere except the west or the north. BLAH

More questions? :)

ChelEler-- check out the ASD webpage http://www.asd-int.org :)

ASD means American School for the Deaf. It's in West Hartford, CT. Have anyone been there, heard of it, have friends from ASD, or graduated from ASD before?

I'm a Junior in there... the school sucks as usual :|
I went there for the ESDAA Track Championship there.

Originally posted by deafdyke
Hi, Alison! so we're neighbors! I'm from Southeastern MA...do you go to school at Rhode Island School for the Deaf? Do you know Jessica? Last I heard she's living in Pawtucket
Back in high school I went to a HoH teen support group in Warwick and one of the guys in it went to Rhode Island School for the Deaf...don't remember his name or anything like that.
I am from RI, too. Would that Jessica you're talking about be about 19 or 20? If it is Jessica Sherman, she died last year. :(

Jessica Whitney. She's a basketball player and the best. :) She's still alive, sweetie :)

Jessica Whitney. She's a basketball player and the best. :) She's still alive, sweetie :)
Oh ok. I don't know of her. She probally graduated before 2000? I know or know of most people from 2000 on. Allisonjoy will know more about her than me, but she is on a cruise right now.

LOL, a cruise? Lucky ass! :P Where did you attend?
I am a hearie. I went to hearie schools all my life. Met my first Deaf girl in 2000 and fell in love with her. But we ain't together anymore. But, because of her, I met so many nice deaf people, I pretty much forgot about 90% of my hearing friends.

lol that's a cool story! I'm a HoH

LUNZ what didya mean ahead of my life, what?

it means we are in different time of life therefore, i ain't HS student. im college student now.;)

Back