Anyone on Alldeaf, whose is a proud BBW?

6 years ago, I was a size 9 and now I am a size 16. It is amazing how the body can change so rapidly! I am 5'7 and half. Size 9 was considered ultra skinny for someone with my build and I had so many people especially family members asking me if I was sick. LOL!

Dunno about going back to a size 9 but definitely dont mind going back to 10-12. I feel just about right at those sizes.

Why bother when you have husband at your side? I thought BBW is supposed to be dam PROUD of their weight and size.

Why bother when you have husband at your side? I thought BBW is supposed to be dam PROUD of their weight and size.

The problem is that I was born to be an athlete and I want to go back to running, kickboxing, dancing and softball but with the extra weight, it makes it so difficult to enjoy them at the level I am so used to. I just dont know how to take it easy since I played so hard growing up. I cant lead a sedendary lifestyle. It is just not me. That's why I want to shape up.

The problem is that I was born to be an athlete and I want to go back to running, kickboxing, dancing and softball but with the extra weight, it makes it so difficult to enjoy them at the level I am so used to. I just dont know how to take it easy since I played so hard growing up. I cant lead a sedendary lifestyle. It is just not me. That's why I want to shape up.

Yep motherhood isn't easy. Lots of women usually get back in shape or do whatever they want once the kids are all grown up. My mother used to be fat when I was kid then got back to thin when my siblings and me no longer live with her.

I'll just say this.

When I was at my most thinnest, I was in high school at size 14 and I was really active in sports.

Later on in my older years, I gained a lot of weight. I ballooned. I was not happy with me and my weight. I'd just put on sweats and brush my hair & figure I was good to go. It really reflected off how I felt about myself.

Right now, I see myself for who I am. I like me, I love myself and know that my outer shell does not define who I am, inside.

I do take good care of myself. I admit I like to dress well. I will wear perfume every day and I do try to look stylish. There is a big difference from the frumpy me to the stylish me.

It's about loving you and loving yourself for who you are.

Sounds like you got that acceptance figured out?

Are BBWs consider themselves as fat acceptance? Or part of their lifestyles?

It's considered as fat acceptance in general.

If that's the case, then why is it that there are some uber-skinny men all over those BBWs or SSBBWs at those parties like white on rice?

Can we say fat fetishism?

Yes, you could say it's a fat fetishism. Not always there are skinny men over those...even big men, too. Some skinny men like when bbw women squash on them which turns them on. :P

Yep motherhood isn't easy. Lots of women usually get back in shape or do whatever they want once the kids are all grown up. My mother used to be fat when I was kid then got back to thin when my siblings and me no longer live with her.

Yeah, that is typical with many parents after their kids are on their own or grown up not to depend on the parent as much.

I have small or no interesting on BBW, depends on women.

I'm personally prefers normal to mild overweight women if I pick women, however I'm bisexual and don't bother to relationship for about 2 years.

I'll just say this.

When I was at my most thinnest, I was in high school at size 14 and I was really active in sports.

Later on in my older years, I gained a lot of weight. I ballooned. I was not happy with me and my weight. I'd just put on sweats and brush my hair & figure I was good to go. It really reflected off how I felt about myself.

Right now, I see myself for who I am. I like me, I love myself and know that my outer shell does not define who I am, inside.

I do take good care of myself. I admit I like to dress well. I will wear perfume every day and I do try to look stylish. There is a big difference from the frumpy me to the stylish me.

It's about loving you and loving yourself for who you are.

That's the way to go. Feel positive and beautiful about yourself! The only sick thing about the whole business is how we let other people define how we should feel about ourselves. I'm speaking of 'us' in a general term - it is not just the ss/bbw ones. Women of all sizes do experience feeling inadequate. One of my best friends is a size 4, but she feels she is too big and wishes she could go back to being a zero after giving birth. Her reason for this was to save money on the many size zero jeans she has. I asked her should I gain the weight back so I can save money on my bigger sized pants? She kinda saw my point, bless her heart! :lol:

As a large man, I'm used to being rejected on my looks and it's more common than people may think.

I've read that guys who are big usually don't have to worry about rejection. That's a myth because there are women out there who will cut you down to size if they don't like your looks.

As a large man, I'm used to being rejected on my looks and it's more common than people may think.

I've read that guys who are big usually don't have to worry about rejection. That's a myth because there are women out there who will cut you down to size if they don't like your looks.

Believe me, I do understand how you feel and what you mean.

I'm not thin or big-boned by any means. I call myself "a lot much to love and a lot extra to hug!" person.

Growing up I was never attracted to thin or muscular people. When I was going through a period of self-hate I actually slept with a really handsome and muscular man but I must tell you that I have never felt so ugly mentally and physically being around him.

At first, I thought he made me feel ugly being around him then later on, no .. it was me. I just never felt comfortable being around "beautifully built" people. I love unique people. People that are created the way they should be.

This is why my husband and I constantly smile all the time, he fits me and I fit him in each every way.

Always remember there is someone out there that finds you very attractive in each every way. :)

Believe me, I do understand how you feel and what you mean.

I'm not thin or big-boned by any means. I call myself "a lot much to love and a lot extra to hug!" person.

Growing up I was never attracted to thin or muscular people. When I was going through a period of self-hate I actually slept with a really handsome and muscular man but I must tell you that I have never felt so ugly mentally and physically being around him.

At first, I thought he made me feel ugly being around him then later on, no .. it was me. I just never felt comfortable being around "beautifully built" people. I love unique people. People that are created the way they should be.

This is why my husband and I constantly smile all the time, he fits me and I fit him in each every way.

Always remember there is someone out there that finds you very attractive in each every way. :)

I agree with you there. Finding the "perfect" match is never easy, but it can happen. There are women who find me attractive and others don't, so everyone has their opinion ha.

BIG :hug: to you Liza!! :hug:

Yes, Seqs.. it took me a long time and a lot of personal growth too. In order to love another person, I had to learn to love myself. You're right there, Seqs. :hug:

Just so sad that some people feel the need to change themselves to fit society's standards of perfection when they know they are worthy of love.

Hug yourself everyone. :hug: It does feel good to be hugged!

Good advice, Mrs.Bucket.

I got plenty of reasons why someone should love me. I'm just waiting.....

BIG :hug: to you Liza!! :hug:

Yes, Seqs.. it took me a long time and a lot of personal growth too. In order to love another person, I had to learn to love myself. You're right there, Seqs. :hug:

Just so sad that some people feel the need to change themselves to fit society's standards of perfection when they know they are worthy of love.

Hug yourself everyone. :hug: It does feel good to be hugged!

I love to be :hug: also! Haha! Yep, you are right...love yourself first before loving someone which makes relationship happy going. There was a bbw that said that I'm very sexy and asked about my age and where I'm from, I told her I'm in Seattle area...she said oh, too far away....long distance pretty much sucks sometimes ha. That is a perfect example how people find me attractive and others don't.

Good advice, Mrs.Bucket.

I got plenty of reasons why someone should love me. I'm just waiting.....

I have excellent advice too.

Don't wait. :hug: I didn't wait for my hubby and he didn't wait for me. We both just literally took a huge risk and we are so glad we did it.

Seqs and Brad, this is for both of you as well.

In love and life, risks are important to take. Hubby and I did it. Hubby is American and I'm Canadian. Long distance relationships, I was finished with it.. throughout and done. Burnt out of love as well & pretty much tired of men.

Hubby was a good friend of mine online and we chatted really well. We just clicked online and he was a wonderful confidante and an excellent friend of mine. He never judged me & I the same as him. He knew me for who I was at the most vulnerable moment of my life and he didn't take advantage of me. I really appreciated him and started to fall in love with him when I was single.

We took risks and we started dating in real life. We did not want an online relationship as we had an online friendship. I moved to USA with him and he did the same for me, he moved to Canada. It was a real test of faith for both of us and you know, it worked.

We learned about communication, of course, we had our arguments and this was how we knew more about each other. We discussed who would move to which country. I volunteered to move to USA, hubby decided to do the opposite which surprised me and shocked me.

He stated all the reasons and you know, I fell in love with him much more. Each day, we learned more about each other and we married. We had our own private and intimate wedding ceremony with our families. We chose our vows and it was something we both planned & wanted. Nothing traditional and something unique to reflect off on our unique relationship built on how we grew together.

It's 2 1/2 years we've married and we believe in celebrating each day of our marriage together. When people ask us what's our secret, we say "Love yourself and take risks."

You just never know what love offers.

Don't wait.

That is an interesting piece of advice. Thanks for sharing!

Back