Another Official Member Photo Thread (comments ok!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
undecisivegurl said:
I like your dog behind you guys.. What its name and what kind of dog is it? :)

hi! :) his name is Gracie and he's a pomperanian

daprilz
Wow, I like that picture... VERY cool...
How you did it?
I´m agree with Katzie, that those picture you create look great if you frame it...
:fly:

Liebling:-))) said:
daprilz
Wow, I like that picture... VERY cool...
How you did it?
I´m agree with Katzie, that those picture you create look great if you frame it...
:fly:

hey y'all ... MANY THANKS! ... i made it under JASC Paint Pro Shop and i loved it !!!!!!!!!!

Me, Mayflower, Christy Smith, and Christy’s mother Glenda, taken last September 13. I’m posting this mostly for somebody who sent me a PM the other day—thanks. :) I’m sure your prediction will be right on the mark. ;)

Attachments

• 107_0738.JPG
    107_0738.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 257
I have seen that woman before...Christy Smith. Looks terribly familiar and I can't seem to place where I might have seen her... :::thinking::: I remember faces well, and hers is lingering. Is she an athlete?

Malfoyish said:
I have seen that woman before...Christy Smith. Looks terribly familiar and I can't seem to place where I might have seen her... :::thinking::: I remember faces well, and hers is lingering. Is she an athlete?

Yes, she was in the 7th Survivor - Amazon. The first deaf person to be in that 'Survivor' TV series. :D

Recent picture from Zion National Park
It's a bit too dark, darn...

IMG00102.jpg

kuifje75 said:
Recent picture from Zion National Park

Looks like the north end of the Narrows, just upstream from the Temple of Sinawava—right? Or are you at the southern mouth of the Narrows?

By the way, see if you can figure out where this was taken. I’ll give you a hint—that is the Great White Throne behind us on the left, but this shot was not taken from the West Rim or from Angel’s Landing.

Attachments

• Summit.jpg
    Summit.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Levonian said:
Looks like the north end of the Narrows, just upstream from the Temple of Sinawava—right? Or are you at the southern mouth of the Narrows?

By the way, see if you can figure out where this was taken. I’ll give you a hint—that is the Great White Throne behind us on the left, but this shot was not taken from the West Rim or from Angel’s Landing.

That would be the southern end of the Narrows, as we reached on Riverside path from Temple of Shiawava.

I'm not sure where your photo was taken. I only walked up Angel's Landing but did not make it all the way to the end, as it was very scary to climb this part of mountain at the very end. My friend did though. I can't think what the other name of another place was called, something Hidden Canyon?

Don’t feel bad—I got to about 100 yards from the end of Angel’s Landing, took one look at the way the ridge was narrowing, and muttered a definitive "fuck this". :cold: Then I tucked my tail between my legs and made a beeline back to the West Rim Trail.

My picture is from the top of Lady Mountain—the one right across the river from the Lodge. Don’t even ask me what possessed me to climb that thing. I must have been suffering from temporary insanity. :crazy: There used to be a cabled trail to the summit back in the 1930’s, but the Park Service closed the trail and took the cables down about 60 years ago because it was just too dangerous. Don’t try it! It’s basically death at any second. There’s about 15 places on the mountain where if you biffed it you’d be dead. The view from the top is incredible, though. Angel’s Landing looks like an ant hill from up there. It’s the only place in the park that has a 360° panorama of Zion Canyon and the entire West Rim drainage. It was worth doing, but I’ll never do it again!

Here’s something that few people have ever seen in the past 70 years, and you’ll never find a picture of it in any of the guidebooks. Even most Park Service employees have no idea that it exists. It’s a directional pointer at the very summit of Lady Mountain that was put there in the 1920’s. That’s the West Temple in the background.

Attachments

• pointer.jpg
    pointer.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 164
That's interesting, I didn't know about this small history of Zion, and the dangerous Lady Mountain. Maybe I misunderstood my friend, but he said it was Mt. Mary or something. Funny, I should check the maps again. Was that area where you climbed in the Court of the Patriachs?

Saayyy, kuifje75!! Pray tell, you wouldn't be attached, by any chance? :naughty:

:wishful thinking!:

Socrates said:
Saayyy, kuifje75!! Pray tell, you wouldn't be attached, by any chance? :naughty:

:wishful thinking!:

Sorry Socrates, I'm taken. I guess you'll have to do a :clit: (or :wackit: ) session. Any picture of you, Socrates? :-x

kuifje75 said:
Sorry Socrates, I'm taken. I guess you'll have to do a :clit: (or :wackit: ) session. Any picture of you, Socrates? :-x

Smoochies, KootchieBootchie! I simply cannot keep this under lock and key for so long!!! Gotta post the picture & spill the beans! *winksa* MawmyFreaky is baaacckkk as Socrates! :twisted:

Attachments

• 4PattyDelafranier2002.jpg
    4PattyDelafranier2002.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back