Another Official Member Photo Thread (comments ok!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kuifje75 said:
I went hiking with my boyfriend at Millcreek Canyon, and we ascended Mt. Grandeur, I think that's what it is called. It was a nice hike, some of the path were still covered in snow. The peak is 8299 feet (2529 meters) high and overlooks Salt Lake Valley. Here are a couple of pictures:

IMG00032.jpg

That is at one corner of the mountain, with scenic Mt. Olympus in background.

IMG00046.jpg

That is at the summit of Mt. Grandeur. We ate lunch there, whilst taking in great views of the scenery.
Hey you,

I'd love to ask you question about your experiences climbing high the mountian. When you're reached the half way of top mountain... how do you feel breathing, Is that short breathing? cuz I've been hearing these the rumours information, if you're reaching the top of mountian and may having diffculities breathing due too thin air. Is that impossible true ?
I have not experience climbing or hiking reach up the mountain. Only I can hiking the forest and hiking trails in ontario,Canada. I'd love being to "try hiking mountain trails" some of where in the states.. One day, I'd love to meet'n you and if can you willing to be "guide tourist 4 me". I'm not sure if am I talking as such dreaming.. Let's wait and see, What happend in the near future..
Thanks again for your time for all your answer 4 me... (wink)

Dolphin said:
This is me with my two sisters
I am the one with the pink ripcurl jacket that i got for my birthday. we went to a restaurant for my birthday
:party: :ily:
Oh my gosh!! you all look alike! are you sure you three arent triplets? LOL!
just kidding!! you all are very pretty girls! are your sisters deaf too?

Liebling:-))) said:
:jaw: :eek: It´s YOU...
I thought all the time is you are MAN.... :laugh2:

Welcome back to AD after long time no see you here.. :P

Yeah, I thought it was a man. Oooops ! :Oops:

The comment was very firmly and Borderlines... :lol:

Defee said:
*thud*.................*coming to...........
Socrates is a FEMALE?...........AND ITS FREAKY??
omg!! you sure fooled me!......... :shock:
Anyways...glad that you are back! :wave: HUGS!!

*HUGS* Defeegirly! You saxxxy thang! :fly3: Yewp yewp yewp, it's me, Freaky!! How are you doing? The Charlie's Chickies are baaackk and time to partttyyy!! :cool:

Hi Bullymom, it's not climbing mountain but HIKING :) Climbing is a different thing, involving ropes and stuff. Hiking is following trails and so on. The ascension to the top depends on the trails. Some are very easy to hike on, some moderate, some difficult, some strenous. Also, some trails have very steep grade, so it is not always easy to walk up or down the trails.

Yesterday at Millcreek/Mt. Grandeur, the bottom part was the most difficult because a lot of steep trail to walk on. Then on the top, it was easier to walk on, as a lot of rocks to climb like stairs. A little before the top, there were some snow, so it was not easy to walk on it, as some of the snow were deep to the knee.

As for thin air, that is true. The higher altitude, the thinner the air is. The difference between my home and Mt. Grandeur peak is only 4 thousand feet, so I didn't feel affected at all. Also, it is important to eat very well before hiking, and to bring at least 2 litres of water for drinking. Drinking water helps to alleviate the altitude sickness symptoms.

If you ever find yourself in SLC area, give me a hey and maybe we can try hiking one of the mountains. :)

Socrates said:
*HUGS* Defeegirly! You saxxxy thang! :fly3: Yewp yewp yewp, it's me, Freaky!! How are you doing? The Charlie's Chickies are baaackk and time to partttyyy!! :cool:
OMG! *scribbling down on my trusty notebook...Freaky, Winnie, now Socrates..gonna have to memorize your other screen names! oh, do you have any more?..LOL! Im doing fine, thanks and hope you are too!...Yeah i see that! Them cool Charlie's chickies are back!! whoo hooooo!!...So who is the "Charlie" now?

Defee said:
OMG! *scribbling down on my trusty notebook...Freaky, Winnie, now Socrates..gonna have to memorize your other screen names! oh, do you have any more?..LOL! Im doing fine, thanks and hope you are too!...Yeah i see that! Them cool Charlie's chickies are back!! whoo hooooo!!...So who is the "Charlie" now?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: then next 4th?

Socrates said:
:lol: *HUGS* Liebling Darling! Glad to be back to AD after a reprieve!! I had to choose a fitting name since I loved philosophy. Socrates is my favourite philosopher. Glad to know we can discuss here too in AD! *winksa*

HUGS Javagirly!! Congratulations on your engagement!! So happy to hear you are happy in Hawaii with TweetyBird!! Maybe we can continue to exchange gifts now for 2 people now that we are with significant others?

Mwahhies MamaKatzieChickie!! Let's do the Charlie'sChickiesForever dance!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yewp yewp, my KootchieBootchie has those saxxxy gams!! Hey, he's my boy and I'm entitled to say such things!!! :aw:

Heh, I fooled you, eh Levonian!
ofc ofc we can do that Let's re exchange our addresses and i ll pm u my new AIM sn since my old one ( i lost my password :( WAHHHHHHHHHHHhh DANG! OK so i lll do that asap! :)

(((((((((((((((Socrates)))))))))))))))) Welcome back! now this house can Rock more! :)

kuifje75 said:
Hi Bullymom, it's not climbing mountain but HIKING :) Climbing is a different thing, involving ropes and stuff. Hiking is following trails and so on. The ascension to the top depends on the trails. Some are very easy to hike on, some moderate, some difficult, some strenous. Also, some trails have very steep grade, so it is not always easy to walk up or down the trails.

Yesterday at Millcreek/Mt. Grandeur, the bottom part was the most difficult because a lot of steep trail to walk on. Then on the top, it was easier to walk on, as a lot of rocks to climb like stairs. A little before the top, there were some snow, so it was not easy to walk on it, as some of the snow were deep to the knee.

As for thin air, that is true. The higher altitude, the thinner the air is. The difference between my home and Mt. Grandeur peak is only 4 thousand feet, so I didn't feel affected at all. Also, it is important to eat very well before hiking, and to bring at least 2 litres of water for drinking. Drinking water helps to alleviate the altitude sickness symptoms.

If you ever find yourself in SLC area, give me a hey and maybe we can try hiking one of the mountains. :)
Ahh, I see.. Now I get it.. Thanks for bring your information about these vary mountians of height. Um, which one do you preferable hiking on the mountian and most best memorial as for your treasure lovely attend there ?

LOL!!! You guys crack me up! Initally I laid low under the radar posting and then I confessed to both Elyse and Alex. I assured both of them that my intent of returning back to AllDeaf wasn't to stir any trouble at all. It was just that I missed my Charlie's Chickies & my KootchieBootchie. I fondly remember all those times I was constantly ribbing with the kindred spirits. Alex and E felt reassured knowing that I was "good to my word".

P.S The Charlie is nonetheless another member here which he sometimes frequents and we do have KootchieBootchie as a "Charlie" as well! I call him my Charlie! :naughty: Only if I could corrupt him!!

Defee said:
Who knows? LOL! we gonna have to keep an eye on that chickiegirl! heh!

Nuhh-nuhh!! We hafta watch you when you're driving the big truck with yer squawking chicken and roosters when you're moving to the New York area!! If I see one, I'll point to that truck and say "Defeegirly is in that truck! Pull up to that and I wanna wave to her!!" :P

Socrates said:
LOL!!! You guys crack me up! Initally I laid low under the radar posting and then I confessed to both Elyse and Alex. I assured both of them that my intent of returning back to AllDeaf wasn't to stir any trouble at all. It was just that I missed my Charlie's Chickies & my KootchieBootchie. I fondly remember all those times I was constantly ribbing with the kindred spirits. Alex and E felt reassured knowing that I was "good to my word".

P.S The Charlie is nonetheless another member here which he sometimes frequents and we do have KootchieBootchie as a "Charlie" as well! I call him my Charlie! :naughty: Only if I could corrupt him!!

Is that Dixie ??

Socrates said:
Nuhh-nuhh!! We hafta watch you when you're driving the big truck with yer squawking chicken and roosters when you're moving to the New York area!! If I see one, I'll point to that truck and say "Defeegirly is in that truck! Pull up to that and I wanna wave to her!!" :P
:laugh2: Good! when you see us pullin into New York with them pissy azzed hens and roosters, you can do more than just wave! You can help us catch them birds and put them into chicken house! LOL! :nana:

Liza said:
Methinks he was already corrupted! :shock:

LMAO, I don't make you all wear white tshirts and ask for water balloons to be thrown at you. It's usually MamaWinnieChickie who comes up with all these ideas. :heh: She's the corrupted one of the three Angels. :lol: Nah, we all are corrupted in one way or other. Love ya, MWC

Pssst! she even corrupted her b/f big time!!...LOL! ...ohhh yikes!
*running off to hide!*

Defee said:
Pssst! she even corrupted her b/f big time!!...LOL! ...ohhh yikes!
*running off to hide!*

:twisted: You're next, Defeegirly!! Bwahahahaha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back