america is so overrated...

oh, that so horrible, same as scare me. :(

Ban on guns wouldn't work, though.

...added thought - The bad guy already knows what he/she is going to do and the rest react to that.
There are no perfect plans for dealing with this sort of thing.
True. But that's where having good classroom discipline on a daily basis is important. If the students are used to staying quiet and obeying the teacher then there can be less chaos when an emergency crops up. The teacher shouldn't have to scream a dozen times to get their attention.

Copycat from Columbine High. It spreads to some school. Want their names to become famous on news & newspapers ( media ). Attention seekers.

All these things send them to slammer, asylum house, and psychiatry/psychological counselin' for their emotional and mental problems.

Maria, I think it's not this at all. A nation that turns its back from God will get what they want, which is something like this. I believe this young man should have been helped but, "he's pushing our buttons!" well gee whiz! Now he killed himself and injured four others. Who failed him? Everyone who has ever had contact with him! What's wrong with solitary confinement? What's wrong with a mother that won't beat the snot out of him and tell him, "young man, you don't ever speak to your mother like that!" Then wash his mouth out with a nice big bar of soap. Unfortunately, he has a spineless father who should have been castrated, but that's another matter. Where is the creep?

True. But that's where having good classroom discipline on a daily basis is important. If the students are used to staying quiet and obeying the teacher then there can be less chaos when an emergency crops up. The teacher shouldn't have to scream a dozen times to get their attention.

I concur! At the same time, Reba, what's wrong with forcing him to respect others? A few "yes, sir or no, sir" or "yes, ma'am or no, ma'am" never hurt anyone. What's also wrong with adults addressing him as "sir" and teaching him self-respect? Another thing, what's wrong with taking him to church? So what if he wants to swear and act foolish there? Tough!

Maria, I think it's not this at all. A nation that turns its back from God will get what they want, which is something like this. I believe this young man should have been helped but, "he's pushing our buttons!" well gee whiz! Now he killed himself and injured four others. Who failed him? Everyone who has ever had contact with him! What's wrong with solitary confinement? What's wrong with a mother that won't beat the snot out of him and tell him, "young man, you don't ever speak to your mother like that!" Then wash his mouth out with a nice big bar of soap. Unfortunately, he has a spineless father who should have been castrated, but that's another matter. Where is the creep?

Yup, you could be right. :) I agree - unfortunately, I am stuck that I can't discuss about " God " or " religion " unless Alex says " Ok ". Only in Religion Forum, not here. lol It's why I said in my previous post earlier without discussin' about God. Of course, my statement doesn't make sense. I am just stuck.

There was a video in my old thread about who's responsible for war, shootings, hatred, and all that. We - you, me and everyone are responsible for killers, criminals, and " bad " guys who don't receive " love " enough while growin' up and such. Oh, yes I do know alot about love. :D

Defeatist attitudes breed defeat.

Ashamed of Americans who put down their country at every turn and not correct those outsiders who put it down.

Always notice that the defeatists have their paws out for any entitlement program $$ and anything free (nothing is free/someone/somewhere pays for it) and in the same breath talk about how bad the country is.

Bottom line for any American joining in this threads hate fest --
We are a free country - no one is making you stay - feel free to exit at any time.

added thought - The bad guy already knows what he/she is going to do and the rest react to that.
There are no perfect plans for dealing with this sort of thing.

Well Deaf people and that the people at Show me Deaf Film event are
very MEAN to me, even Ridor bully me. People dislike me. People
don't treat me fair.

So I can say whatever I want to....

F**K AMERICA!!!

Aimra said
Living in a country doesn't mean all or nothing

I believe it means just that. You can see what wrong things may be righted or changed and work to change them - BUT - you do not down and degrade your country to do it.

PEK said
I concur! At the same time, Reba, what's wrong with forcing him to respect others? A few "yes, sir or no, sir" or "yes, ma'am or no, ma'am" never hurt anyone. What's also wrong with adults addressing him as "sir" and teaching him self-respect? Another thing, what's wrong with taking him to church? So what if he wants to swear and act foolish there? Tough!

Nail-On-Head PEK, I think that is one of the biggest problems today - No simple courtesy and respect taught or learned. If a person grows up respecting no one and taking personal responsibility for nothing this type of failed behavior is the result.
I won't be at all surprised if the media prints story after story about how it is everyone elses fault but the shooter, just as with V-Tech and others.

F**K AMERICA!!!
Wow, that is profound - not :thumbd:
There is this cute little house in Bagdad that is available :bye:

. . . Nail-On-Head PEK, I think that is one of the biggest problems today - No simple courtesy and respect taught or learned. If a person grows up respecting no one and taking personal responsibility for nothing this type of failed behavior is the result.
I won't be at all surprised if the media prints story after story about how it is everyone elses fault but the shooter, just as with V-Tech and others . . .

At the same time, ASLGAL, I honestly do not understand the anger and bitterness of some people, especially someone this young! Granted, people are jerks, or shall I say, do jerky things, no matter where one lives. That doesn't give them the right to :rl: crash three planes into buildings, crash a plane into the ground, :rifle: people at school, no matter where they live. Drown their children in a bathtub. Shoot :rifle: his wife and unborn baby. A police officer shoots and kills people in Wisconsin because he (yes, I said HE) can't control 1. His hormones. 2. His temper. 3. He can't take "no" for an answer. 4. He's called a derogatory name that cops were called in the 1960s and 1970s.

We need less scapegoats and more people that take responsibility for their actions and be mature enough to admit when they are wrong and made a mistake. No wonder I gave my television away! I don't need to see this garbage on it, especially Paris (ite) Hilton and Britney Spears. Those two girls (yes, I said GIRLS) need a major dose of how to act grown up. These people want to be "role models" for my kids and other peoples' kids?! I don't think so. OJ Simpson is just as bad, not to mention Michael Vick and most of the "athletes" we see in professional sports.

Thanks for bringing that to attention and one would think that most schools nowadays would be a bit more prepared in an event like this happening and be somewhat prepared...at least being a little more organized. But then again, some plans surely can go awry or haywired when there is a mad, crazy shooter running down in the hallway(s)....

~RR

Yeah, looks like they should lump that kind of training in with others like earthquake drills and fire drills.

don't treat me fair.

F**K AMERICA!!!

That, first of all, is your 'own' opinion (and ofc, I'll respect that too), however...surely not eloquently spoken. :-X

Look at it this way, I'm sure a great deal of folks all over have had their share of being 'put-down', 'being mocked at', 'disliked', etc.,...yet, that isn't any viable reason to state a 'whole country' is to be shamed or blamed. There is 'always' a great group of people from all walks of life in any country that will bestow passionate and respect for others out there.

Folks that hold a high disdain for their own country like here in the USA...may do well elsewhere. Does that mean, we should round 'em up and ship 'em off to some far-away country or island? Nooo...it starts with 'you'..the 'attitudes'...change them to something that's constructive and positive whereas it'll attribute in a good way or at least make some difference in the 'world' around 'you'. ( the 'you' being implied as to: anyone ).

Sooo...please, the next time you wish to say: "F**K AMERICA" ...you're implying, me, members here in AD (afterall, this Forum is based in USA, however, caters and reaches out to people all over the world), your family, neighbors, your town, your state...'we' may not take it sooo kindly the next time. Time to wake up, smell the coffee...and get your attitude in check...otherwise, perhaps that small little shack over in Baghad may have room for the likes of you.

Peace out--
~RR

He tried to kill himself at age 12. He was possibly bipolar. The courts wanted him to have more psychological testing, but it didn't happen. This was a young boy with mental illness, not just a bad attitude. He didn't get the help he needed. It seems like his family life was horrible and made things worse. There is a big difference between a bratty, ill-mannered, immature kid and one with serious mental illness. I think more understanding and compassion is needed. :(

And :hug: to Deafilmedia. Sorry for your bad experiences.

At the same time, ASLGAL, I honestly do not understand the anger and bitterness of some people, especially someone this young! Granted, people are jerks, or shall I say, do jerky things, no matter where one lives. That doesn't give them the right to :rl: crash three planes into buildings, crash a plane into the ground, :rifle: people at school, no matter where they live. Drown their children in a bathtub. Shoot :rifle: his wife and unborn baby. A police officer shoots and kills people in Wisconsin because he (yes, I said HE) can't control 1. His hormones. 2. His temper. 3. He can't take "no" for an answer. 4. He's called a derogatory name that cops were called in the 1960s and 1970s.

We need less scapegoats and more people that take responsibility for their actions and be mature enough to admit when they are wrong and made a mistake. No wonder I gave my television away! I don't need to see this garbage on it, especially Paris (ite) Hilton and Britney Spears. Those two girls (yes, I said GIRLS) need a major dose of how to act grown up. These people want to be "role models" for my kids and other peoples' kids?! I don't think so. OJ Simpson is just as bad, not to mention Michael Vick and most of the "athletes" we see in professional sports.
:eek3: That is quite a mouthful, pek.
I agree about personal accountability. We sooo need to see more of that in leadership, too.

Folks that hold a high disdain for their own country like here in the USA...may do well elsewhere. Does that mean, we should round 'em up and ship 'em off to some far-away country or island? Nooo...it starts with 'you'..the 'attitudes'...change them to something that's constructive and positive whereas it'll attribute in a good way or at least make some difference in the 'world' around 'you'. ( the 'you' being implied as to: anyone ).

Sooo...please, the next time you wish to say: "F**K AMERICA" ...you're implying, me, members here in AD (afterall, this Forum is based in USA, however, caters and reaches out to people all over the world), your family, neighbors, your town, your state...'we' may not take it sooo kindly the next time

Well said Roadrunner!
I know there are a few I have been warned about or picked up from others that they post to get reactions - but - when someone just arbitrarily says "F**k America" I couldn't stay silent and apparently you couldn't either :h5:

Kaitin, It seems everyone can claim some kind of label these days.
Not diminishing that there is possible some mental problems there, but, a very respected no-nonsense teacher says to the "They are (insert label) and must be pitied or treated different" folks - " Nope, troubles exist for everyone, it is not an excuse" and the kids and adults who she served and is serving a far advanced because they are responsible for their own behavior and find their own solutions to problems.

We need less scapegoats and more people that take responsibility for their actions and be mature enough to admit when they are wrong and made a mistake.
Good Comment!!

In my own opinion, it all starts in the home. Parents need to be responsiblie for raising their children. Many times, children are raised with only one parent many are fatherless. These kids make bad choices bec they have no direction with one parent or both busy working to support a family.

Its really sad, this poor kid had to do this take out his anger and frustration at the school. God is the helper and true healer of many broken hearts.

(Note) NO bashing, insults of any kind.

don't treat me fair.

F**K AMERICA!!!

Bashing on America isn't optional, that what you think.

You have deal with America, not every countries are perfect, get deal with it like me.

There is indeed no need for competition, but why write the title like that? Why say "only in America?" I take offense to that statement as it defeats the spirit of being non-competitive. I am sure there are murderers of all ages that aren't in America, and most of these things don't even get publicity I bet. There are good people in USA who are trying to change things (not everyone is like Ann Coulter! LOL), and I feel you lumped them in with that violent kid.. yes, I can see what you are frustrated with, but that statement was completely unfair to the rest of us who really want to change things for the better in USA. It is easy to worry about stuff that gets headlined in the news, because they are trying to sell sensation.. but it just shocks people, and distract them from real issues.

:gpost: !! well said there Liza! :)

um...ok...didn't say america is bad. i was just simply trying to point out the values. regardless of the school shootings, i applaud america for providing ADA laws to meet deaf needs.

It's not the America's fault to begin with, It's the shooter that is at fault. You can't just go looking to find someone or somewhere to place the blame. I've heard some people place the blame on God, as why God allowing this tragedy to happen.

Schools need to come up with a plan, tight securities, also focus on behaviors of other children, if something doesn't seem right, screen children for problems, there is so many they could do if they were more prepare. Like my sons schools they have tight securities, my oldest son has four securities in his school, my youngest son has 2 securities in his school, and doors remain locked when the first bell rings.

. Many times, children are raised with only one parent many are fatherless. These kids make bad choices bec they have no direction with one parent or both busy working to support a family.

Umm.. I found your post to be offended to me because of that I'm a single mother myself, and my children and I have a beautiful relationship. I don't believe that those who are single parents would have children that make bad choices in life, because it's not true. Any children can make bad choices, even those who have two parents..

Let's talk about choices, You know life is a challenges, there will be a time when a child make choices, their choices will happen by default even if they have lack of thinking skills, when they make one bad choice, and something bad happens, parents should talk to the child about the choice that the child choose...

But this is different with school shooting, those shooters have very low self-esteem issue with alot of anger builds up inside. That is something that people have to watch out for, step in and help this child before it's too late.

Umm.. I found your post to be offended to me because of that I'm a single mother myself, and my children and I have a beautiful relationship. I don't believe that those who are single parents would have children that make bad choices in life, because it's not true. Any children can make bad choices, even those who have two parents..

Let's talk about choices, You know life is a challenges, there will be a time when a child make choices, their choices will happen by default even if they have lack of thinking skills, when they make one bad choice, and something bad happens, parents should talk to the child about the choice that the child choose...

But this is different with school shooting, those shooters have very low self-esteem issue with alot of anger builds up inside. That is something that people have to watch out for, step in and help this child before it's too late.
Cheri, I apologize this single parent issue wasn't a finger pointer to anyone in particular. Just that I have seen this issue rise up in certain areas of the state I live in bec of the shooting incident that took place. I agree with you giving your children good attention and nurturing them that's you. There are others who lack the nuturing bec of raising children and working. Like, I mentioned this was not a finger to anyone in this forum just stated my own opinion. Hope that helps.

Cheri, I apologize this single parent issue wasn't a finger pointer to anyone in particular. Just that I have seen this issue rise up in certain areas of the state I live in bec of the shooting incident that took place. I agree with you giving your children good attention and nurturing them that's you. There are others who lack the nuturing bec of raising children and working. Like, I mentioned this was not a finger to anyone in this forum just stated my own opinion. Hope that helps.

No problem, apologies accepted. ;)

Back