AllDeaf Upgrade

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
135
As you can see, AllDeaf.com has upgraded its software to the latest beta version. For that reason, all original files from AD2 were overwritten with the new files.

Please bear with me as I continue to update AllDeaf with the features and images we had before the upgrade; i.e., hacks, smilies, et al.

If you encounter any errors, post them here and I'll rectify them as soon as possible. So far, I've found none concerning PHP/MySQL conflicts.

Thanks for your continued support of AllDeaf :)
 
For those of you who are wondering where the "View Unread Posts" button... it's the second little arrow button on the top-right corner.
 
VamPyroX said:
For those of you who are wondering where the "View Unread Posts" button... it's the second little arrow button on the top-right corner.


HI alex, can u do us Aders a favor i dunno if others will say the same thing, but can u enlarge the fonts a bit as thier a bit small for me to read dunno what others would say i ended up putting my glasses on so i can see what its saying. it looks SMALL to me ... thanksssssssss :) MUCH apperticated and the AD s looking great so far :) keep up the good work :)
 
javapride said:
HI alex, can u do us Aders a favor i dunno if others will say the same thing, but can u enlarge the fonts a bit as thier a bit small for me to read dunno what others would say i ended up putting my glasses on so i can see what its saying. it looks SMALL to me ... thanksssssssss :) MUCH apperticated and the AD s looking great so far :) keep up the good work :)
Umm... which fonts? The fonts looks the same to me as before. If you're referring to a specific font somewhere on the page, point that out so Alex doesn't end up making the whole site fonts large.
 
VamPyroX said:
Umm... which fonts? The fonts looks the same to me as before. If you're referring to a specific font somewhere on the page, point that out so Alex doesn't end up making the whole site fonts large.

UHHHH HARD to explain vampy..... the *home* main page and the u know the forums, before u click on the subject u know what i mean? VAMPY IM me im having hard time explaining :( and i can screenshot this for u ok??? and then i can reedit this posting...
 
I have to agree with javapride, every word is fucking smaller than the original even title for threads and etc too
 
DefMATRIXense said:
I have to agree with javapride, every word is fucking smaller than the original.


thank god i wasn t the only one! thats what i was trying to say its smaller than the original AD :-X Sowwy alex but the threads are OK but the pages arent its too small and im trying to read them and all that
 
I guess the best thing to do is wait until the whole update is completed as confirmed by Alex....then you can make some posts to suggest what needs to be changed or altered that way you won't aggravate Alex to say "I know I know I'm working on that.." or "I got that on the to-do list...bear with me" blah blah.

It'll probably take few days. Glad nothing was lost though.
 
SilenceGold said:
I guess the best thing to do is wait until the whole update is completed as confirmed by Alex....then you can make some posts to suggest what needs to be changed or altered that way you won't aggravate Alex to say "I know I know I'm working on that.." or "I got that on the to-do list...bear with me" blah blah.

It'll probably take few days. Glad nothing was lost though.

Totaly true! thanks So much for helping out on this, ofc i ll give him a few days :) im sure its just a minor glitch can wait a while thats why i got my trusty glasses :D hehehe but this upgrade is really good!

WTG alex!
 
dang i wake up from my short :zzz: and see this all new AD look! such a surprise to me LOL

:thumb: WTG Alex!!!! and thank u for ur explaination! cuz i sure was confused for a minute til i saw this thread with ur explaination LOL
 
by the way, how come I can't post in the open box in the bottom, i have to click on "post reply" that takes me to another page?
 
BIF, u see the little paper??? thats between the edit and the reply?? thats what u click on to post quick reply :) i used to do this when i was a moderator on another forum :) just helping along :)
 
Yeah, I just hope things will settle down and be rectified as soon as Alex has gotten the software settings all set up, etc. Fonts are a bit small for me to read generally...and like BIF said -- why can't we reply in the open window at the bottom of the thread when we want to reply without quoting, etc.? Can you explain more on that, please? ;)

Ta!
 
BostonIceFire said:
by the way, how come I can't post in the open box in the bottom, i have to click on "post reply" that takes me to another page?
To use the Quick Reply feature, you must click on the
quickreply.gif
icon that's located between the "Edit" and "Reply" buttons.
 
javapride said:
BIF, u see the little paper??? thats between the edit and the reply?? thats what u click on to post quick reply :) i used to do this when i was a moderator on another forum :) just helping along :)

Thank you very much, learned something new! :P
 
Hmm... the member column seems a bit too wide. Think you can make it narrower? We already know that the standard avatar size limit is 100 x 100 pixels. I also noticed that some of the buttons are a bit too much. Perhaps, using icons instead of words would help. AIM, YIM, ICQ, and MSN all have their own cute little icons so those would look nice with your buttons. There's also a little house icon for homepage/website, a little envelope icon for emails, and a magnifying glass for searches.
 
Back
Top