AllDeaf Software Upgrade

So far, I have had to sign on to AD each time whereas I had not signed off for years......so do we have to sign on every time now?

There's a small check box near the login boxes that, when checked, will keep you logged in.

I am another one that is not landing on the next unread post in an erratic pattern. It seems to have something to do with what was the last post read on the old software but is just erratic enough to not be sure.

Another thing that I have not been able to find is a way to get alerts cleared off. They just seem to keep growing and never go away even after reading a post they refer to.

You can change your alerts in your settings. You can un-check them all. (Go to your profile and click on Alert Preferences.)

There's a small check box near the login boxes that, when checked, will keep you logged in.

You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. I've been able to stay logged in on both phone and computer.

You can change your alerts in your settings. You can un-check them all. (Go to your profile and click on Alert Preferences.)

I like getting them just fine. But, how do you get rid of them after you read the post you were alerted to?

I like getting them just fine. But, how do you get rid of them after you read the post you were alerted to?
Oh. That part I'm not certain about. I'm assuming they can't. The icon above the alert icon goes away after you've seen the alerts, but I am not sure the alerts themselves can be deleted. Let's see if Alex can answer that for sure.

I am another one that is not landing on the next unread post in an erratic pattern. It seems to have something to do with what was the last post read on the old software but is just erratic enough to not be sure.

Another thing that I have not been able to find is a way to get alerts cleared off. They just seem to keep growing and never go away even after reading a post they refer to.

When everyone first logged in, yes it landed on the first unread post since you were last on on the older software. All I did was just mark all threads new and that solved the issue for me. I don't know if with Reba she is still landing on the wrong post after having read threads then returning to them the next day.

I don't see a way to clear the alerts but there are alert preferences to turn off certain alerts. I wonder if they will 'fall off' after a certain amount of time.

As for the [IMAGE] [/IMAGE] tags-- use this instead
Code:
 [IMG] [/IMG]

Though the alerts are still there, I only have the two most recent ones showing when I hover over the Alerts button with my mouse. If I click "See All", then I will see all other ones I'd received. I don't know how/when the list "shrunk".

I still not sure how to send a PM now , could someone pleases tell where to find it ???

i tried to quoted someone's post on my post.. it doesn't work so i copied and pasted the quote and i replied it

i tried to quoted someone's post on my post.. it doesn't work so i copied and pasted the quote and i replied it
Click "Reply" and it will quote the post.

The "-Quote" button is for multi-quotes.

I still not sure how to send a PM now , could someone pleases tell where to find it ???

Go to Inbox > Start a New Conversation > input member's name of your choice

or other way, click on member's name > Start a conservation

http://www.alldeaf.com/index.php?threads/alldeaf-software-upgrade.126711/page-4#post-2465323

WDYS asked the same question in post #62 and you replied (word for word too lol) in #63.

I have a pretty good idea what happened but I'll let y'all figure it out...

Regarding PMs.

Can't start new ones, but can continue ones that had already been started after the upgrade.

Also, I started a new PM to someone and changed my mind. I deleted the Participant, subject line and body then left the screen, but every time I come back to "new message", my stuff is still there. Seems to be no way to cancel a PM.

Hmm .. I have been clicking on the icons at the left (the avatar) to get to that person's page, and then click on "start conversation". So after reading your post above, I started a conversation with you and typed in gobbledy-gook (LOL) and then went to start a new conversation (and I ended up not sending anything to you,) and with the new conversation, none of the old stuff was there anymore. Have you tried starting a conversation by clicking on the avatar instead of typing in a person's name?

One neat trick I recently discovered for quoting is you can just select the text and a context menu will appear like so:
quotemenu.png

I know we can copy and paste links. But cannot copy/paste images or drag and drop from your PC or some webpage. That would be a cool addition.

Am I the only one that thinks the "New Profile Posts" @ AD homepage, that are now made public for everyone to see, is downright intrusive, kooky, off-base, and strange?

So far, I have had to sign on to AD each time whereas I had not signed off for years......so do we have to sign on every time now?
I don't , I put alldeaf on my ' Favorite list' and click on it and don't sign in. I had to post a new link for the new alldeaf , my old link won't work .

How do you delete PM that been read now ??

Last edited:
Back