AllDeaf Software Upgrade

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Update 3

Site migration to the new server is complete. No data was loss during the process.

Update 2

Forum upgrade is complete. There's still some tweaking to do. In the meantime, feel free to play around with the new features offered (guide will be available later). If you experience any errors (can't perform certain function, cannot upload images, etc.) when using the forum, please let me know.

During the upgrade, the following were not imported:

- Profile comments
- Thread tags
- Infractions
- Profile pictures (if I'm not mistaken)
- Smilies (will take care of these tomorrow)

The following were temporarily disabled:

- Tapatalk (needs to be upgraded to work)
- Registration (will open again after spam filters are in place)
- Dark theme (needs updating)

I'll give you guys another update tomorrow. Signing off now...

Update 1
:

The forum will be upgraded within 24 hours. The blogs will not be transferred since the new forum software does not have a blogs system. Premium and VIP members will be reverted to regular members but that will be fixed after the upgrade. The estimate time of completion is approximately 4 hours.

Original Message:

Hello, folks! I hope your New Year is off to a great start. :h5:

I thought I'd let you know that sometime next week, AllDeaf will be upgraded to a new forum software with better features and functionality (about time!). When this happens, AllDeaf.com will be temporarily closed for 2 hours, more or less, before it is open to the public again.

If you have any important images or private messages on here, this is your chance to save them on your computer. While I don’t expect any data loss during the upgrade, bad things can happen and I don’t want to be held responsible. :dunno2:

I’ll keep you guys updated along the way.

Thank you.

Last edited:
seen this yesterday and tried to get on late evening and it was in the works

Was it already done? So far I didn't notice any down-time or even anything different, but I'm on only from time-to-time so I could have totally missed the downtime.

According to Alex, this ain't happening till next week.....what am I missing here?

According to Alex, this ain't happening till next week.....what am I missing here?

Probably nothing. I think I inferred from Sono's post that it was not working last night? Maybe I misunderstood.

Probably nothing. I think I inferred from Sono's post that it was not working last night? Maybe I misunderstood.

Yeah, I know....I was referring to what Sono said.....I guess he just somehow assumed it was taking place...no biggie

No I tried to sign in last night around midnight or so and it said it was down for upgrades? so I dont know if it was the actual upgrading he stated or if it was something in preparation for the big move?

No I tried to sign in last night around midnight or so and it said it was down for upgrades? so I dont know if it was the actual upgrading he stated or if it was something in preparation for the big move?
Same here.

Yes, this site was down temporarily last night.

Might have been minor updates for the current forum software- not the new one Alex plans to switch to.

Or maybe it was just Alex forlornly saying his good byes....:lol:

Might have been minor updates for the current forum software- not the new one Alex plans to switch to.

It looks like major update - he said new forum software.

It could be vBulletin 5 and this forum is 2-3.

It looks like major update - he said new forum software.

It could be vBulletin 5 and this forum is 2-3.

DeafDucky ware referring to the outage some members experienced last night, not the update Alex announced that will occur next week.

The forum will be upgraded within 24 hours. The blogs will not be transferred since the new forum software does not have a blogs system. Premium and VIP members will be reverted to regular members but that will be fixed after the upgrade. The estimate time of completion is approximately 4 hours.

Forum upgrade is complete. There's still some tweaking to do. In the meantime, feel free to play around with the new features offered (guide will be available later). If you experience any errors (can't perform certain function, cannot upload images, etc.) when using the forum, please let me know.

During the upgrade, the following were not imported:

- Profile comments
- Thread tags
- Infractions
- Profile pictures (if I'm not mistaken)
- Smilies (will take care of these tomorrow)

The following were temporarily disabled:

- Tapatalk (needs to be upgraded to work)
- Registration (will open again after spam filters are in place)
- Dark theme (needs updating)

I'll give you guys another update tomorrow. Signing off now...

Last edited:
Post here for upgrade related questions. See above.... dark theme needs updating and other things need tweaking.

Back