AllDeaf Software Upgrade

Did you switch to different server? Is that why you had to upgrade the forum?

And a definitely noticeable change. Similar to another forum I'm on. I like it, so far.

SilverRoxy, Alex had announced the change was coming before the server problems. My guess is that the change was put on hold till the problems with the server were resolved.

Looks awesome! And I love how it's smartphone-friendly.

Where do I find a button that takes me to the first unread post within a thread?

Thanks!

The upgrade looks nice! I second it would be great to have a dark theme.

Looks awesome! And I love how it's smartphone-friendly.

Where do I find a button that takes me to the first unread post within a thread?

Thanks!

I see it on the computer and clicked on it; it works. I do see it on the smartphone, but didn't work there. So that's why I thought I was missing something. Has anyone else had any problems with the unread button on their phone? Maybe I need to try again.

At any rate, this new site looks fabulous!

The upgrade looks nice! I second it would be great to have a dark theme.

Alex did say there will be; it's temporary disabled. Here's what he said:

The following were temporarily disabled:

- Tapatalk (needs to be upgraded to work)
- Registration (will open again after spam filters are in place)
- Dark theme (needs updating)

I see it on the computer and clicked on it; it works. I do see it on the smartphone, but didn't work there. So that's why I thought I was missing something. Has anyone else had any problems with the unread button on their phone? Maybe I need to try again.

At any rate, this new site looks fabulous!
I've found just clicking on the thread title takes me to the last unread post.

I've found just clicking on the thread title takes me to the last unread post.

Tried that, that didn't work for me on the phone. But that button does. I bet I clicked it wrong the first time.

I wish the text in the quotes when someone has quoted a previous post was a dark black. It comes in on my computer so light as to almost be gray.

Also, the name of the person a posting and the time when posted is by is very, very pale on top of being tiny! I have lost track of all of them but there a quite a number of things where the text could be black rather than what it is.

Did you switch to different server?
Right now it's on the old server, but I will probably move AD to a newer server next week.

@AlleyCat @LoveBlue It appears that you will be redirected to the last post if you click on a thread that was created prior to the upgrade. This doesn't happen with newer threads, unless you have read them before then it makes sense to be redirected to the last unread post next time you click on the thread.

I wish the text in the quotes when someone has quoted a previous post was a dark black. It comes in on my computer so light as to almost be gray.

Also, the name of the person a posting and the time when posted is by is very, very pale on top of being tiny!
Can you please post a screenshot of each issue you're having? I'd like to look into this. Thanks.

Can you please post a screenshot of each issue you're having? I'd like to look into this. Thanks.

Very willing to do so but it has been so long since I have done this that I have forgotten how to do it. I am on a computer running XP PRO and my browser is Firefox 44.0.2. Can someone tell me what to do?

@Jane B. Click "Print Screen" on your keyboard, then Paste on image editor such as Paint.

Back