AllDeaf Forum Etiquette

Byrdie , why don't you say the said member's name when I can see that this said member is really bothering you by "flagrantly" breaking the rules as you say so.

It's a matter of principle.

I understand where you are getting at.

The thing is - If a member asks Alex about it and when Alex says it's ok, then it should be settled on the spot. If you don't like it - You can also bring that situation to Alex's attention to explain where your stances are at. :)

Am I missing something? How does having a second account make it easier to access from a BB or whatever phone??

Am I missing something? How does having a second account make it easier to access from a BB or whatever phone??

He stated he disabled options for viewing signatures and other graphics on the 2nd account so that just text would download, hence making it faster. He would have had to be switching back and forth constantly if he were using the same account. I know when I try to access AD from my BB, it downloads everything including the sigs and all photos that are posted and it takes FOREVER.

I understand where you are getting at.

The thing is - If a member asks Alex about it and when Alex says it's ok, then it should be settled on the spot. If you don't like it - You can also bring that situation to Alex's attention to explain where your stances are at. :)

:ty:

That is important to point to explain to you I hope be you Alex help you,,,,,

Those are great guidelines Candy as I have seen similiar etiquette postings in other forums. I have seen worse forums who just beyond out of control as well.

I really believe, we need to put things in prespective that this internet and most of us really don't know each other in real life with exceptions I am sure. It makes posting easier to lash out and be totally nasty with the responses here. I am just adding my :2c:

Good job candy...though, probably, I am being one of those annoying newcomers right now. Oh, well. I have to learn somehow or other.

I re-check on AllDeaf rules and notice some missing in AllDeaf rules. I'm here to ask you question on something.

Is this Forum an international Forum or an American Forum? I'm aware that American Admin. welcome the people from different countries to register his Forum but the problem is some American ADers can tell foreigners off, accuse/assume/belittle & tell foreigners none of business for involve US politic, culture, etc. what they wants because there’re no "international" Forum in AllDeaf rules. I notice the problem is some newcomers feel being insult over foreigner's POV on US politic because they feel that AllDeaf Forum is for American’s view only. Unfortunately, I notice those situation push foreign ADers away or make them feel left out or unwelcome from debate threads.

I repeat my suggestion of my post #63 for add "anti-foreign" in AllDeaf Rules #1.

I received anti-foriegner's comment today.

It is odd how people were complaining about thread hijacking and here my thread was hijacked 3 pages ago???

Candybrowneyes, it does happen in many threads. Is there a way to avoid detrailing from the topic?

Well, I hope that whatever decision is made (if any), that we can also keep in mind that going off topic is not always bad. The best sights are often off the freeway and onto some by-ways....:D

Sometimes threads do go off topic. Because the topic it self is worn out. And if one would go back and read the reasons why it went from talking about this to that. It is usually related to the topic of some sort.

So I agree with Tousi it is not always a bad thing going off topic.

Back