AllDeaf Forum Etiquette

Sometimes threads do go off topic. Because the topic it self is worn out. And if one would go back and read the reasons why it went from talking about this to that. It is usually related to the topic of some sort.

So I agree with Tousi it is not always a bad thing going off topic.

Same here...I think it is a good way for ADers to get to know each other on a personal level.

It's bad to go off topic when it's fighting over something so trivial like "Oh you used the word "excessive" instead of "many" AND THAT IS NOT TRUE!"

It's bad to go off topic when it's fighting over something so trivial like "Oh you used the word "excessive" instead of "many" AND THAT IS NOT TRUE!"

Should have said "as" instead of"like"! :P:P That is true!

I remember a thread similar to that.

Over what someone said and the other person was determined to prove that person wrong. Even after the person explained what it meant.

:dunno:

Seems like it is all trivial. When people read too much in to the words.

I believe everything goes off topic!...As you can tell someone something and they pass it on to the next person, and on and on....and on!...It winds up to be nothing that you told the first person to begin with! Just something similar, and things added or deleted from the first thing you said!

Some people (including me) have concentration problems!....And I have to repeat a few times before I can accomplish a task that someone who could do it 1 time and remember how to do it.

Such as directions, which I'm horrible at!....(driving). Especially in the city! I've always been that way, and don't believe it's because of "age". Whatever it's called, I offer no apology, because that's the way my brain is wired!

Hmmmm. did I go "off topic" here?

yeah that is crazy to go off topic with the SAME excessive words, in other words from my opinion, i like different topics at once so that somebody would have remember to come back to the issue or topic to contuine on what we havent finished what we started.

yup, i m definitely missing out something important here.. oops. :dunno2:

yeah that is crazy to go off topic with the SAME excessive words, in other words from my opinion, i like different topics at once so that somebody would have remember to come back to the issue or topic to contuine on what we havent finished what we started.

yup, i m definitely missing out something important here.. oops. :dunno2:

Isn't the norm for the Deaf culture to go off topic? :giggle:

Back