AllDeaf Forum Etiquette

This thread is on fire today. :popcorn:

Yeah and it needn't be getting hotter. Btw, does my post above look familiar to you in that your employer expect that same conduct?

I'm merely extending him the same courtesy he did to Liebling.

He needs to taste his own medicine.
:lol: So that makes it right...oh, look, I see a hammer in the offing! Let's hope it doesn't happen.

1. if you're going to preach what you say and not be seen as a hypocrite - at least work for somebody that's in accordance to your strong belief.
2. if you work for somebody/organization/etc. that's very against your belief and still get paid for it, sorry no you do not deserve the privilege of criticizing. hence... the old adage - "Ignorance is bliss."

This is NOT something like "my boss sucks!!!" or "i hate this company... i haven't gotten any promotion or a raise in 5 years!" This is about working for organization that is entirely against your belief such as..... a vegetarian accountant or vegetarian manager working for slaughterhouse or McDonald while preaching & complaining to community that killing animal is wrong. eating meat is wrong. being a vegetarian is healthy and beautiful. Obviously - that person should be working for PETA or Whole Foods.... not McDonald or slaughterhouse.

get it? :cool2:
:gpost:

Complaining about a picky boss is not the same as accusing him of war crimes, for crying out loud.

:gpost:

Complaining about a picky boss is not the same as accusing him of war crimes, for crying out loud.

How can she be accusing her employer of war crimes when all she does is post a news link?

If she didn't do it--someone else would. :cool2:

How can she be accusing her employer of war crimes when all she does is post a news link?

If she didn't do it--someone else would. :cool2:

you forgot to mention about her constant posts after posts after posts accusing the employer of war crimes and ignoring our explanations. :nono:

you forgot to mention about her constant posts after posts after posts accusing the employer of war crimes and ignoring our explanations. :nono:

The point is that if she didn't post the link--someone else would.

Secondly--as an employee of the American government--she is upholding our government's ideals of freedom of speech, and democracy.

Tough pill to swallow.....

Lieberman... Liebling... funny how the first 4 letters are same :hmm:

Do you remember what the moderator told us to consider our posts via PM before we banned?

You should re-consider what you are saying here case you will get 3rd banned...

Anyway - Lieberman (Lieber mann) is a German word for Dear man... Liebling is a German word for Darling... :)

Uh, guys, let's try not duke it out in here..
On the first post from candy it already says to let the sleeping dogs (in this thead specifically) sleep.

This sticky's made just for general reminder to the crowds out there, and to have a few individual questions here and there answered. Its purpose isn't to serve as a battleground.

Don't be found guilty for dragging it through the mud more than it needs to be.

I commend the fact that separate threads were sensibly created for the other issue.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Ladies and Gentlemen (I use that term quite liberally here) what we have now is called "Thread Hijacking". How does it go from AllDeaf Forum etiquette to this? And do I dare continue to post occasionally, or should I slink back to the world of Lurkers?

It is odd how people were complaining about thread hijacking and here my thread was hijacked 3 pages ago???

VERY SORRY! :sadwave:

Jiro, and everyone else.. It is quite okay, but this is a great example of that, so if you are wondering or have questions about what thread hijacking is, Open the very thread I made for this kind of subject (this thread) and see what not to do. I don't understand sometimes I guess. I am sitting here so confused as to how it went from what we were talking about to that?? No need for explanation. Have a great night everyone.

I find it interesting that we are talking about Rules and etiquette on the forums of All Deaf.....

However it has come to my attention that there are individuals who are advocating for us posters to follow the rules when they, themselves are not following the rules.

Contradictory, don't you think?

Now granted--I'm guilty at times for going off topic which goes to show that I am a human being afterall. We all do it. Certain topics goes from one POV to another with different bases being discussed and covered.

However I am troubled by the fact that this individual has continually and flagarantly broken All Deaf rules and still gets away with it.

Case in point:

http://www.alldeaf.com/announcements/95-forum-rules.html

Rule #5 of All Deaf rules states this:
5.) Members are not to have multiple accounts, only one account per person is allowed. If you want to change your username, please send a request via PM

I'm sorry--I am going to have to "out" this individual as this isn't being entirely fair towards members of the All Deaf community.

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

he's gonna need way more than 10 milliliters.. knowing Byrd, it probably takes like 1500cc's to tickle him.

oh yeah, and this is my account on my mobile incase anyone is interested in the junior status

I thought we weren't allowed to have multiple accounts and however this individual does? They are the same person with 2 different accounts as this individual admitted to it and one can tell by their English grammar and syntax.

:hmm: Maybe I should get a second account with All Deaf??? Be a different nemesis?

Now granted--this individual was honest enough to admit that they have two accounts with All Deaf and yet telling the posters to follow the rules and yet--they are breaking it themselves?

Am I missing something here?

Now if Moderators say that "this person admitted who they are--and that is okay."

Uhm.....not really. Afterall that is splitting hairs.

And the Rule # 5 does explicitly say:
5.) Members are not to have multiple accounts, only one account per person is allowed. If you want to change your username, please send a request via PM

:cool2:

Back