AllDeaf Forum Etiquette

I will be the first to admit. I am guilty of some of those things.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, me too.

Good thread, Candybrowneyes and naisho!

I will post mine later.

naisho's postEpilogue and further comments
If feel you still have a general problem with the authority decisions, you can refer to my other post, here, which will get attention of all the moderators:
http://www.alldeaf.com/forum-feedba...-closure-requirements-lock-deleted-posts.html

I would post my view to naisho's thread if Candybrowneyes didn't create her thread here.

Here is my POV and questions.

I re-check on AllDeaf rules and notice some missing in AllDeaf rules. I'm here to ask you question on something.

Is this Forum an international Forum or an American Forum? I'm aware that American Admin. welcome the people from different countries to register his Forum but the problem is some American ADers can tell foreigners off, accuse/assume/belittle & tell foreigners none of business for involve US politic, culture, etc. what they wants because there’re no "international" Forum in AllDeaf rules. I notice the problem is some newcomers feel being insult over foreigner's POV on US politic because they feel that AllDeaf Forum is for American’s view only. Unfortunately, I notice those situation push foreign ADers away or make them feel left out or unwelcome from debate threads.

I shared my threads about German/EU politics & culture in the past. I received some ADer’s comment saying that AllDeaf Forum is for America only. I created the threads over US issues to respect their wish. Unfortunately, I was being accuse as an anti-American for "provoke" them and how shame I am because I work for US Government, etc. :scratch: :confused:

Is it insult/bash that I share the news over US politic with you all what I learn from watch on TV over US politic everyday etc. because US politic are everywhere in Germany and EU countries?

That’s exact word, I repeat in several threads until the last of my stimulus lock thread. See this

As an European and a foreigner with a strong interest in American politics. Europeans and Foreigners do have a right to their opinions and also express support for Obama what and how he want to better relationships with America and many countries around the world as a peacemaker.

The reason Europe and the rest of the world find themselves so concerned with American politics is because of war and economy.

As long as US presidents don't mess around is okay with many countries around the world. If yes, it becomes our concern/issues, too.

Take a look at a mess being caused by former president Bush. How many innocent people including children killed in Middle East countries?

Anyway this Forum is the public for around the world to view and share the POV. Alex welcome the people from around the world to register his Forum. If you don't like what you read then this Forum is not right for you. Don´t you know that there´re freedom of speech?

I notice some ADers in some threads saying that they are scared of get banishment. Do they have to ask moderator for the permission before they can post to the public to avoid banishment when they know how to use good common sense? I personally see nothing wrong when anyone express their view in respectful way how they feel and what they believe in. It seems to me that I would get ban if I express my honest POV. Is it freedom of speech when ADer use good common to openly express their POV in positive way?

I question American ADers over US politics, culture, etc. because I’m interesting… Unfortunately my questions annoy them. The Google is the one who can give the answer to my question or also my co-workers as well before post here. It also annoys them saying that why can’t I ask them question about America and accuse that I assume anything about America. I really don’t know what they want… :scratch: :confused: Is it harm for foreigner to ask Americans questions about their culture, etc.?

Accord part of Candybrowneyes’s post.

Be civil. No personal attacks. Do not feel compelled to defend your honor in public. Posts containing personal attacks may be removed and you may get an email from any of the moderators, it is possible to have conversations where you do not lash out on each other

Yes, it would be nice if it’s possible for moderators to solve with ADers via PM, email or AIM chat like we did few times since last year. I’m afraid it doesn’t happen this year…

I thought moderators saw 2 pages thread (I mean one to two pages, not 10 or more pages) before they locked that there’re anti-foreigners’ comments, personal attack, troll and provoke because I forwarded the link from MSNBC (US) media to create a thread over US issues. I’m very grateful to the supporters who use good common sense. It’s not first time that I was being accused as anti-American, my posts insult them in several threads because I’m not an American, and because the murderer is a US solider because I work for military base and go on. I tried to positive their attacks. How could I get banned that’s because I polite defend myself against anti-foreigner’s comments including insult picture in my stimulus lock thread? It seems to me that I would get ban again if I press bad report in the future? The reason that I feel that moderator should solve this issue with ADers via PM because they press bad report on something.

It's okay with American ADers for create their thread over Iraq war, politic, murderer, etc. but they attack me when I create some of similar thread as American ADers? They feel that I provoke them over US thread, debate in US politic or whatever? It's no matter either I agree with some of ADer's posts in their threads or not because I'm a foreigner to their eyes.

Yes, I’m not prefect as Angel. Yes, I lost my head in other thread because I’m being tiring to being accuse/assume of something I didn’t. Yes, I provoked them. Example: I would :ty: them in manner way if they correct my misspelling in manner way. Therefore, they mocked me over my misspelling without correct me that’s how they deserve it from me in return to get them anger thru my provoke. Yes, I agree that it would create more problem if I provoke them in return.

I’m human being and feel free to visit Forum to share my posts, etc as a member, not see in me as a foreigner or where I work. The feeling should keep out if I want to debate agree to disagree over something in any controversial topic like what Byrdie714 said in his post #12.

:ty: for listening...- I only share how I feeling...

I'm confused...isn't the purpose of a forum to be able to express your views? I understand that a forum is controlled by Admin, that there are rules that the forum creator decides on, and let's face it, how many people actually read all the rules before joining and/or posting? And then complain when a post is removed or they get banned?

The way I see it, life is about choices, and so is a forum. You can choose to simply ignore a post you disagree with, or that annoys you. Those who choose to insult, demean, or dismiss a poster because they don't agree with a point of view are, in my opinion, combative and argumentative. If I were talking with someone like that face-to-face, I'd walk away from a conversation with such a person. You cannot change someone's opinions by getting in their face or insulting them, and life is too short to waste on petty arguments.

As long as we're saying what annoys us, I'd like to throw in my two cents-that what annoys me more than someone's overbearing opinion is posters who quote L-O-N-G or multiple posts, only to pick out one sentence that they have something to say about. And some of these long quotes are accompanied by the poster's (IMO) unnecessarily long, elaborate signatures. It is often too much trouble for me to scroll down in order to find what the heck someone is posting about, so I don't bother to read many posts, especially the ones with debates. I wish people would learn to copy and paste, or simply refer to the post number they're talking about. Thanks! :wave:

I re-check on AllDeaf rules and notice some missing in AllDeaf rules. I'm here to ask you question on something.

Is this Forum an international Forum or an American Forum? I'm aware that American Admin. welcome the people from different countries to register his Forum but the problem is some American ADers can tell foreigners off, accuse/assume/belittle & tell foreigners none of business for involve US politic, culture, etc. what they wants because there’re no "international" Forum in AllDeaf rules. I notice the problem is some newcomers feel being insult over foreigner's POV on US politic because they feel that AllDeaf Forum is for American’s view only. Unfortunately, I notice those situation push foreign ADers away or make them feel left out or unwelcome from debate threads.

This Forum is here for EVERYONE. It is never okay for anyone to belittle someone just because they are from another country. Now there is a difference between just belittling you because you are from another country or because they think you do not have an opinion or know nothing about what is going on in the USA. WHICH isn't alright either. I have seen some bickering in threads do to foreign subjects and come on guys this is another one of those things that people can have opinions on and you can debate without taking eachothers heads off. What comes to mind when I think of bickering is "Come on people now, smile on your brother every body get together try to love one another right now" <--- love that song and trust me I love everyone its not hard for me to be nice to everyone. To some people it is but I think with a little voice in the back of your head saying "Is this something that really needs to be said?" Just think before you post and always refer back to what my mother taught me as a kid. "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Is it freedom of speech when ADer use good common to openly express their POV in positive way?

If you want to say anything in a positive way then more power to you! This also follows under the use good judgement.

I question American ADers over US politics, culture, etc. because I’m interesting… Unfortunately my questions annoy them. Is it harm for foreigner to ask Americans questions about their culture, etc.?

No, there is no harm in asking questions but unfortunately there will always be someone who does not like what you are writing and the questions you ask. In which case the person who is being annoyed should take it upon themselves to not answer, and do their best to not be quite so annoyed amd express it in the forum. Keep in mind that this usually happens when someone falls off topic, so remember to stay on topic.

Yes, it would be nice if it’s possible for moderators to solve with ADers via PM, email or AIM chat like we did few times since last year. I’m afraid it doesn’t happen this year…

I cannot speak for the other mods however I can tell you my PMs, IMs are always open if someone has an issue or problem they would like me to deal with. I made special screen names just for that reason. SO, if you ever need something you can find me on yahoo: Tdcandy or on AIM: tdcandy80 and I can see what I can do for you :)

I tried to positive their attacks. How could I get banned that’s because I polite defend myself against anti-foreigner’s comments including insult picture in my stimulus lock thread? It seems to me that I would get ban again if I press bad report in the future? The reason that I feel that moderator should solve this issue with ADers via PM because they press bad report on something.

Sometimes we do not know how someone is feeling or the way they mean something because we are just reading words. I am guilty of this from time to time where I do not take the time to see the other persons point of view. If you feel you are pressing an issue you probably are, some people take offense to certain issues and politics falls into that category, my word of advice is to be careful and if you happen to get banned make sure you ask the mod the reasons why so that they can explain what happened and make sure you understand so it doesn't happen again.

It's okay with American ADers for create their thread over Iraq war, politic, murderer, etc. but they attack me when I create some of similar thread as American ADers? They feel that I provoke them over US thread, debate in US politic or whatever? It's no matter either I agree with some of ADer's posts in their threads or not because I'm a foreigner to their eyes.

This is something that will unfortunately happen. You just have to be careful on what you choose to say. I am also going to tell other people to be careful of what they say. It just stems from what you are talking about people get very touchy when you speak of their home place especially in a time like now. USE GOOD JUDGMENT :) <-- ill continue to say that

Yes, I’m not prefect as Angel. Yes, I lost my head in other thread because I’m being tiring to being accuse/assume of something I didn’t. Yes, I provoked them. Example: I would :ty: them in manner way if they correct my misspelling in manner way. Therefore, they mocked me over my misspelling without correct me that’s how they deserve it from me in return to get them anger thru my provoke. Yes, I agree that it would create more problem if I provoke them in return.

I appreciate the fact you can admit when you are wrong and that you too can lose your head in certain situations. With that being said, it is never okay to mock someone or make fun of someone because the way they type or talk. Everyone here should understand that, especially here. No one ever wants to feel like that. There are things people can do here to make people feel welcome or even feel like they are apart of this site. Take for instance. Guilia is from another country, I would like to call her my friend because she is very cool! She IMed me one day asking for help with a piece she was writing. So I took a few minutes out of my day to take her whole story, edit it and post it for her. Its just small things that can make you feel good about who you are and most importantly to help other people. Im not saying everyone has to do things like that but there is a way to co-exist and get along without so much fighting... Provoking someone is always a lost cause and in a forum it can end bad for both people or however many people are involved. We mods dont like to BAN people. As much as you hate being banned we hate having to make the decisions to do it.

The set of things I posted for everyone were just reminders of things, common courtesy for any forum.. I understand some people have in issue with the other set of things but I have seen people are starting to catch on to the fact that no one was pointing fingers. I really do think and feel we have the best forum on the net.. lets just all try to keep it that way :) :ty:

I
The way I see it, life is about choices, and so is a forum. You can choose to simply ignore a post you disagree with, or that annoys you. Those who choose to insult, demean, or dismiss a poster because they don't agree with a point of view are, in my opinion, combative and argumentative. If I were talking with someone like that face-to-face, I'd walk away from a conversation with such a person. You cannot change someone's opinions by getting in their face or insulting them, and life is too short to waste on petty arguments.

This is exactly why this thread was made, some people need to be reminded of exactly what you just said :)

As long as we're saying what annoys us, I'd like to throw in my two cents-that what annoys me more than someone's overbearing opinion is posters who quote L-O-N-G or multiple posts, only to pick out one sentence that they have something to say about. And some of these long quotes are accompanied by the poster's (IMO) unnecessarily long, elaborate signatures. It is often too much trouble for me to scroll down in order to find what the heck someone is posting about, so I don't bother to read many posts, especially the ones with debates. I wish people would learn to copy and paste, or simply refer to the post number they're talking about. Thanks! :wave:

Refer to my original post and the paragraph about trimming, this is exactly the reason I posted that :)

sure some people fail to understand rules but in my opinion I don't really post cuz I know my mouth wud get me in trouble so better walk away from the debates or get popcorn and watch people screw up? make wise choices before u get yourself banned ;)

This is a response to Liebling's post #63.

Liebling - I have never said that you should get out of AD just because you're a foreigner. I'm a foreigner too. You misunderstood my post so I'll clarify for you again. Of course everybody has a different POV and everybody is welcomed to say their piece. However... most importantly - you should look at yourself first when you defend your own POV or personal belief. What I meant about that is that just by working for and getting paid by US Government, that does not earn you the rights to say horrible thing about US Government with NO PROOF. I completely understand your personal belief and I do admire your respect and Mother Teresa-like love for all life but... problem is - you cannot argue about your POV or personal belief if you work for those who are against your personal belief. Do you understand what I'm saying, Liebling?

I :ty: you for sharing us with links about American affairs but the way you say about our country and government - you crossed the line. What made it worse is that you're a hypocrite. If you work for German government or any other organization, then YES you can say ANYTHING you want to say about US government/military. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

lastly - I do understand that you do get angry because my post was harsh toward you and I apologize for that. But you have to understand that I respond in the same manner as you. Here's a good advice - Refer to Byrdie's post from old thread -

Then take this into consideration-- Think you before you post. Double check your post before hitting the submit button. Double check your post for "anger" as that can cause trouble for you.

Individuals can still post strong opinions as long as they remember their p's & q's.

Let's have a good time, shall we? :wave:

This is where I think what a person does for a living and the person who posts here is two separate entities.

When a person leaves their work at work, home is home. That person should be free to post whatever he/she wants at home.

Take this for example- a person who is a moderator here. I chat with that person in AIM. They are two totally separate entities.

This is where I think what a person does for a living and the person who posts here is two separate entities.

When a person leaves their work at work, home is home. That person should be free to post whatever he/she wants at home.

Take this for example- a person who is a moderator here. I chat with that person in AIM. They are two totally separate entities.

yea, well said.

thats true! this forum is for US as indivduals, not related with our personal work brings on here.

This is exactly why this thread was made, some people need to be reminded of exactly what you just said :)

Refer to my original post and the paragraph about trimming, this is exactly the reason I posted that :)

First of all, I :ty: for quoted to response part of my post. I know my limit and common sense when I want to post which I did like that for 5 years in those same Forum until last year... first warning over religious issues in March 2008 and first banned with Jiro few days ago due our stubborn. (see my post #63).

Second, if you feel that I hijacked my both posts #62 and #63 in your thread then you can can move my both posts back to naisho's thread from your thread. The reason I posted here because of suggest to consider something to add bit more in AllDeaf Rules over international or anti-foreign in the list of AD Rules #1.

Please accept my apology if you feel being hijacked by my both posts.

Mrs Bucket, :ty: for say this... Yes, it's an exact that I visit Forum for the fun, share anything as a member, not employee.

Jiro,
With all due respect – I will move your post to my new thread “Dear Jiro” to avoid :topic: here.

Yes, it's too bad that people see Liebling as this German person when they should see her as this warm person who does amazing restoration and crafts. She loves to travel and also posts pictures of her skin and fur kids.

This is a response to Liebling's post #63.

Liebling - I have never said that you should get out of AD just because you're a foreigner. I'm a foreigner too. You misunderstood my post so I'll clarify for you again. Of course everybody has a different POV and everybody is welcomed to say their piece. However... most importantly - you should look at yourself first when you defend your own POV or personal belief. What I meant about that is that just by working for and getting paid by US Government, that does not earn you the rights to say horrible thing about US Government with NO PROOF. I completely understand your personal belief and I do admire your respect and Mother Teresa-like love for all life but... problem is - you cannot argue about your POV or personal belief if you work for those who are against your personal belief. Do you understand what I'm saying, Liebling?

I :ty: you for sharing us with links about American affairs but the way you say about our country and government - you crossed the line. What made it worse is that you're a hypocrite. If you work for German government or any other organization, then YES you can say ANYTHING you want to say about US government/military. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

lastly - I do understand that you do get angry because my post was harsh toward you and I apologize for that. But you have to understand that I respond in the same manner as you. Here's a good advice - Refer to Byrdie's post from old thread -

Let's have a good time, shall we? :wave:

So--we can no longer excercise our freedom of speech to criticise our own employer?

There are numerous threads on this forum where AD members have critcised their own employers and now we aren't going to extend that to Liebling?

So--we can no longer excercise our freedom of speech to criticise our own employer?

There are numerous threads on this forum where AD members have critcised their own employers and now we aren't going to extend that to Liebling?

Exactly. Politicians, as well, receive their paycheck from the government. Seen any of their criticisms lately?

Exactly. Politicians, as well, receive their paycheck from the government. Seen any of their criticisms lately?

1. if you're going to preach what you say and not be seen as a hypocrite - at least work for somebody that's in accordance to your strong belief.
2. if you work for somebody/organization/etc. that's very against your belief and still get paid for it, sorry no you do not deserve the privilege of criticizing. hence... the old adage - "Ignorance is bliss."

This is NOT something like "my boss sucks!!!" or "i hate this company... i haven't gotten any promotion or a raise in 5 years!" This is about working for organization that is entirely against your belief such as..... a vegetarian accountant or vegetarian manager working for slaughterhouse or McDonald while preaching & complaining to community that killing animal is wrong. eating meat is wrong. being a vegetarian is healthy and beautiful. Obviously - that person should be working for PETA or Whole Foods.... not McDonald or slaughterhouse.

get it? :cool2:

Back