AllDeaf Forum Etiquette

mmmokkkkayyyy. I get out of here to IEP meeting at a high school. Tada!

That is point to important to help you information to you teach glad of you I m happy sound great to agree you sound great.. wow awesome that is impressive you I will reading more understand patient I study reading important to help you

Currently, you are guilty of "not cutting" your posts. You could have easily said everything posted here in about 3 sentences. Really, naisho, this constant explaining and analyzing of others posts is getting very annoying.

:werd: (being brief as requested) :P

I will be the first to admit. I am guilty of some of those things.

Thanks for the heads up.

Me, too. I am guilty as well. I owe some ad'ers an apology. :( Thanks for reminding me, anyway.

If I'm following this thread correctly, it's true that a multitude of people have come into the Lounge Thread (or other threads) talking about being sick with the cold or flu. Even I've done that. It usually stops after that initial post however, with the exception of a few posts after, with posters wishing that sick person well wishes. And that's all good, as far as I'm concerned. The problem is when people continually hijack threads over and over, for pages and pages, about health issues that are consistently repeated over and over. This is the difference everybody has been talking about for weeks now.

My two cents worth

It all boils down to 2 words: courtesy and respect.

MOD approved this message before I posted.

This is mainly for one person here but others are welcome to read this:

After reading what others has to say about in terms in talking about illness and "hijacking", I feel I want to say this to point out why I get very tired of this person's comment.

The different is that others do not use their illness as reason to comment on few things, however this person uses her sickness as reason to say things she wants that most wouldn't even say. That is why I got fed up other day.

That is my 2 cents and that's all I'm gonna say regarding this.

The different is that others do not use their illness as reason to comment on few things, however this person uses her sickness as reason to say things she wants that most wouldn't even say.

I know Secretblend is referring to me in this post (and I'm sure all of you do too). He's entitled to his opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I'm also entitled to talk about my bipolar if that's what I want to do. If any of you think I'm using my bipolar as an excuse to say things I don't mean, I'm sorry you don't understand how complex this illness is and how it can negatively impact one's thinking and judgement. That doesn't give me the right to insult or flame others, but bipolar disorder *is* a mood disorder that causes severe mood swings. I also have problems with rapid cycling where my moods change every hour and sometimes every minute. That's *part* of the reason why I wrote the inflammatory posts that I have in the past. I'm now on a new med that is supposed to help control my rapid cycling and from what I can tell since starting it over the past 2 days, it's working nicely. Having said that, I'm going to do my very best to control myself and not incite other ADers or the mods. You have my promise. :)

This is mainly for one person here but others are welcome to read this:

After reading what others has to say about in terms in talking about illness and "hijacking", I feel I want to say this to point out why I get very tired of this person's comment.

The different is that others do not use their illness as reason to comment on few things, however this person uses her sickness as reason to say things she wants that most wouldn't even say. That is why I got fed up other day.

That is my 2 cents and that's all I'm gonna say regarding this.

I'm sorry, but i think that's very judgmental.

Wow, it's too bad that you have to get a mod to approve that post in fear of getting banned or something.

That shows how a person is willing to use their illness as clout or allow their illness to define themselves.

I know Secretblend is referring to me in this post (and I'm sure all of you do too). He's entitled to his opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I'm also entitled to talk about my bipolar if that's what I want to do. If any of you think I'm using my bipolar as an excuse to say things I don't mean, I'm sorry you don't understand how complex this illness is and how it can negatively impact one's thinking and judgement. That doesn't give me the right to insult or flame others, but bipolar disorder *is* a mood disorder that causes severe mood swings. I also have problems with rapid cycling where my moods change every hour and sometimes every minute. That's *part* of the reason why I wrote the inflammatory posts that I have in the past. I'm now on a new med that is supposed to help control my rapid cycling and from what I can tell since starting it over the past 2 days, it's working nicely. Having said that, I'm going to do my very best to control myself and not incite other ADers or the mods. You have my promise. :)

Hear Again -

This is not in refer of naming a person for this or that. What I am saying is - He is entitled to his opinion just as much as you are too. Nobody is saying that you are using it as an excuse. They are only merely expressing their feelings that is related to this thread; and remember; Etiquette is a big issue that underlies with this aspect.

You can also talk about your bipolar issues but however - I can see why it is becoming frustrating because it has been an ongoing issue when it was hijacked basically all over the forum. It is fine to talk about it but in respect for others, it is best to keep it at a moderate level, you know? :)

You can also talk about your bipolar issues but however - I can see why it is becoming frustrating because it has been an ongoing issue when it was hijacked basically all over the forum. It is fine to talk about it but in respect for others, it is best to keep it at a moderate level, you know? :)

I understand, Jolie. I will try to tone it down from now on. :ty: :)

Alright, Hear Again, fair enough.

:ty: Tousi. I don't know if I can stop talking about my bipolar entirely (such as in the Lounge thread or the Health forum where applicable), but I promise not to derail any threads by mentioning it. :)

I'm as guilty as some are..I will also try to not be sooo pissy aobut things as long as well never mind

Back