AllDeaf Forum Etiquette

Stop and think for a second, would they really want to hear that you have macular nerve degeneration inside your head?

Please don't tell me this is actually written in the official AD guidelines???

Makes note to never mention my ocular histoplasmosis again.:wave:

Any ways I can see certain things that needs to be changed.

Other words. I feel we should be able to make our point without direct insults.

Hard as it is on a forum for certain people to differential that. Some people take disagreement as a personal insult.

So it will be tricky on that part. Especially on a forum.

guess we will have to use our "smileys" more :)

candy,

Is "Stop and think for a second, would they really want to hear that you have macular nerve degeneration inside your head?" actually written in the AD guidelines? I hope not.

candy,

Is "Stop and think for a second, would they really want to hear that you have macular nerve degeneration inside your head?" actually written in the AD guidelines? I hope not.

No--it's on Naisho's post as he is trying to "assist" with some rules for AD.

No--it's on Naisho's post as he is trying to "assist" with some rules for AD.

Yes. Very similar to those commentators that come on after a Presidential address and say, "Now, what the President really said was...."

Actually, I have been at work thinking and writing about this for the past few days, ever since the previous one that was made for "+1 on our team", because "we" have dirt under ours too.

A part of the trigger to put this up was due to having a conversation with another member that I respect on the boards; to say that we don't have issues with the memberbase would be lying through our teeth. Recent bans that were evaluated have also influenced it.

Only the fact that Candy beat me to the punch, then I felt obliged to hurry up and finish where I left off that it didn't get caught on the bottom of the page somewhere where no one would see it. Placement of the post is just like placing an ad really, if you can understand the logic behind it.
Put it along with "many other advertisements" and no one's bound to read it.
Placing it there when there's none, catches most of the attention.

As a result of that, yeah, I did make some hasty errors. I realize that I'm incorrect about the wording I chose for the physical structure where macular degen resides, was trying to make a quick reference. Hey wait a sec, last I heard, I thought the head also also contain the eyes?

Image of the human head:
2irr8mb.jpg

Before we start drifting off into the world physiological/medical aspect of macular degen, of course I understand, quite simply said; I'm being a retard if you don't know me by now. ;)

About the Lounge and medical problems, Hear Again, I think I gave off the wrong impression. What I meant to say was, for example, imagine there's 10 members in the lounge right now happily chatting away about coffee and starbucks. Now picture them sitting on sofas lounging around. Then, imagine that someone opens the door, staggers in while they're still chatting and says "Guys, I've got something terrible to tell you. I have Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis Oh NO!!". Now shift the camera back onto those 10 people who just turned their head at the new speaker. It's as, suddenly the convo is dropped from coffee&starbucks into some of them concerned for the health and welfare of another, and then it starts going about how to cure the disease or what to do.. etc.

It is exactly related to a semi-old thread that got locked at the start of this month, here:
http://www.alldeaf.com/lifestyle-health-fitness-food/61659-non-health-related-off-topic-issues.html

PS. I never said anywhere that I was not guilty of doing any of what I originally wrote.
In fact, I can come out to say I've been guilty of some of 'em. However, through the proper path of direction, I realize that this surpasses my guilt, because I know I'm capable of learning, moving on to become a better person. :)
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." - too many times. No, I won't be verbally saying that in real life, but I can admit it online.

naisho,

:ty: for the explanation. Now I can understand where you are coming from. While I see your point about several people having a pleasant conversation in the Lounge thread when another ADer suddenly barges in talking about their health problems as being a little uncomfortable, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. After all, the Lounge thread is simply that -- a place where ADers can discuss anything that is on their minds. I've noticed a multitude (myself included) of people who post about the fact that they're sick with a cold or flu. ADers respond by wishing them well and the conversation moves on. I don't think anyone is negatively affected when people discuss their medical issues. If people are uncomfortable with ADers who discuss their health problems, they can add them to their ignore list. I know people probably get sick and tired of hearing me talk about my bipolar and rapid cycling, but it's a part of who I am just as much as being deafblind is. I should be allowed to discuss it as I see fit just as others are allowed to talk about Deaf Culture, sign language, audism or anything else that concerns the Deaf Community. Of course, that is just my opinion, but I do appreciate you clarifying your position for me. :)

Hey, that's fine I do realize the initial necessity for interaction & coping with a sudden illness or something like that, etc. That's why I wrote that I realize there's a need to explain your health or seek advice for it.

What I failed to clarify the crystal clear notion that the whole chat gets "hijacked" into a medical topic, that's where the concerns I originally wrote on my thing intends to stem from.

It's when the focus tends to shifts away from the actual discussion that's going on, and ends up going about.. Like say crazy insane serial killers and their murderous intentions, how mental illness may affect their thinking, how the DSM Edition IV evaluates why did they this and that, who are some people who have had this condition before and what happened to them now, the whole topic kind of enters uncharted murky waters, y'know?

I'll get off my soapbox now. I'm sure there's other points that need to be discussed without requiring my input on it. I just had to stand up for "other team" to get their points across, I mean, who would want to put themselves in an effy position like this? Only someone either bozo & crazy, drunk, or dumb enough to pack the heat. ;)
Generally speaking, we're always against the mods. Just like we'll always disagree with the officer who pulls you over.
We need to look at ourselves now, at how they regulate us and why do they continue to do so.

What I failed to clarify the crystal clear notion that the whole chat gets "hijacked" into a medical topic, that's where the concerns I originally wrote on my thing intends to stem from.

I do understand what you mean and can see your point. :ty: for the additional clarification. :)

Generally speaking, we're always against the mods. Just like we'll always disagree with the officer who pulls you over.
We need to look at ourselves now, at how they regulate us and why do they continue to do so.

With due respect you are speaking for yourself as I have never been against the mods. Yes I have question them from time to time to figure out how they come to their decisions in banning an individual or locking a thread. They have always answered promptly and depending on the situation--have always been polite.

Secondly the last several posts that you have posted on the "what the rules should be" thread is an attempt to "brown nose" the moderators and administration. One should allow the moderators and administration to decide what the rules will be or not.

Sorry naisho--I'm not impressed.

Actually, I have been at work thinking and writing about this for the past few days, ever since the previous one that was made for "+1 on our team", because "we" have dirt under ours too.

A part of the trigger to put this up was due to having a conversation with another member that I respect on the boards; to say that we don't have issues with the memberbase would be lying through our teeth. Recent bans that were evaluated have also influenced it.

Only the fact that Candy beat me to the punch, then I felt obliged to hurry up and finish where I left off that it didn't get caught on the bottom of the page somewhere where no one would see it. Placement of the post is just like placing an ad really, if you can understand the logic behind it.
Put it along with "many other advertisements" and no one's bound to read it.
Placing it there when there's none, catches most of the attention.

As a result of that, yeah, I did make some hasty errors. I realize that I'm incorrect about the wording I chose for the physical structure where macular degen resides, was trying to make a quick reference. Hey wait a sec, last I heard, I thought the head also also contain the eyes?

Image of the human head:
2irr8mb.jpg

Before we start drifting off into the world physiological/medical aspect of macular degen, of course I understand, quite simply said; I'm being a retard if you don't know me by now. ;)

About the Lounge and medical problems, Hear Again, I think I gave off the wrong impression. What I meant to say was, for example, imagine there's 10 members in the lounge right now happily chatting away about coffee and starbucks. Now picture them sitting on sofas lounging around. Then, imagine that someone opens the door, staggers in while they're still chatting and says "Guys, I've got something terrible to tell you. I have Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis Oh NO!!". Now shift the camera back onto those 10 people who just turned their head at the new speaker. It's as, suddenly the convo is dropped from coffee&starbucks into some of them concerned for the health and welfare of another, and then it starts going about how to cure the disease or what to do.. etc.

It is exactly related to a semi-old thread that got locked at the start of this month, here:
http://www.alldeaf.com/lifestyle-health-fitness-food/61659-non-health-related-off-topic-issues.html

PS. I never said anywhere that I was not guilty of doing any of what I originally wrote.
In fact, I can come out to say I've been guilty of some of 'em. However, through the proper path of direction, I realize that this surpasses my guilt, because I know I'm capable of learning, moving on to become a better person. :)
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." - too many times. No, I won't be verbally saying that in real life, but I can admit it online.

Currently, you are guilty of "not cutting" your posts. You could have easily said everything posted here in about 3 sentences. Really, naisho, this constant explaining and analyzing of others posts is getting very annoying.

Back