After surgery and recovery for CI

Do you go home after recovery or stay all night?

• same day as the surgery

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • stay overnight

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Hear Again , if I had the ability to go bilateral , I'd go through the same if that just meant going stereo...but , alas , no bilateral covering in Greece...:roll: *sigh*

and I wasn't dizzy , I just vomited twice , and that's coz I have sensitive stomach mostly...

I wish more people could go bilateral.

In fact, I think anyone who qualifies for a CI should be implanted automatically with two CIs instead of one.

In fact, I think anyone who qualifies for a CI should be implanted automatically with two CIs instead of one.

Yeah , well..

Greece isn't US...sadly! :roll: and I agree with you...

Congratulation! When you will go to appointment for activation?

Well, the letter only came in this week (5th June 09).

The activation date is on the 18th June 2009. - only two weeks to go!

Just realised - just from the op to activation - just under a month, thought it would be longer 5/6 weeks.

Had my post op check - all fine, even I couldn't see the scar as it was tucked away in the crease of my ear! And a neat job too as well, the surgeon was pleased with it.

I was kept in for a week. Apparently it's standard procedure in Ireland. I felt OK the day after but the doctor said I had to stay for a week until they removed the staples from the incision. Man, that was one long week!!!

Has anyone heard from Pinky yet ?? I wonder how she is doing after her surgery.

Hey Alleycat, I am backkkkk!! I just got home from the hospital yesterday. I took plenty of rest. I am doing fine with surgery. I don't have any sick or vomit. I didn't fall down by lose the balance. Thank god! I am still wearing a gauze bandage wrap on my left ear and head. It's too tight and uncomfortable. I can't wait to get off tomorrow. My behind the ears, left neck and jaw are still sore.

Well, sounds like you are doing great !! Glad to see you back on here and thanks for letting us know how you are doing! :) Take it very easy, watch TV, rest !! :)

Hey Alleycat, I am backkkkk!! I just got home from the hospital yesterday. I took plenty of rest. I am doing fine with surgery. I don't have any sick or vomit. I didn't fall down by lose the balance. Thank god! I am still wearing a gauze bandage wrap on my left ear and head. It's too tight and uncomfortable. I can't wait to get off tomorrow. My behind the ears, left neck and jaw are still sore.

Hi, Pinky! I am glad you are doing fine!

Excellent, sounds like you had similar recovery as i did... take plenty of rest.. Look forward to further posts from you... Take care

When I got up from bed. I came to bathroom. I looked at mirror. My left eye is swelling. I didn't know why. My husband called to doctor about get my bandage off. It make me feel better without bandage. I can feel my implant under skin. My behind the ear have a staple. I will take a picture and post on my blog today.

My activation schedule is on July 7th. Yayaya!!!!

Agreed! I want my right ear implanted! :(
My surgeon won't implant my right ear I'm mad and he's only ci surgeon in delaware to implant adult patient. I don't know what to do.
I tried hearing aid (oticon sumo XP analog) for 2 month but my loss got worse at last 2 week of the 2 month trial period so all I hear is feedback-like noise for any sound higher than low frequency and vibration with some sound for low frequency so its totally worthless now that I returned the hearing aid
My audiologist told me she'd like to do ci evaluation for my right ear and I'm already candidate of course, maybe I can ask her to try convince my surgeon to implant my right ear? She said if she write down that its medically necessary just to get medicare to cover bilateral they will pay for it. But only obstacle right now is damned surgeon with high expectation (expected me to speak well I can't pronounce my fiance name "jason" I keep saying satan so I just call him "Jay") and listen to more than 1 person at once cuz I only could do one on one not group)

Cool Pinky, Good luck at the switch on. It's certainly an experience to remember.

By the way - what's the name of your blog as I can't see a linky to your blog so we can see your Post op scar?...

Cool Pinky, Good luck at the switch on. It's certainly an experience to remember.

By the way - what's the name of your blog as I can't see a linky to your blog so we can see your Post op scar?...

Sure! I could send you on PM but you don't have PM yet. I tried to comment on your blog. But you're not allow any comments. I have your link on my blog. I don't want AD'er to know my blog website with my name.

Last edited:
Pinky if thats ok with you I'll pass on your blog link to Fumasvil through my email/blog

Hey can u send me ur link to ur blog thru pm? Good luck with switch on it's not too far now!

Back