After surgery and recovery for CI

Do you go home after recovery or stay all night?

• same day as the surgery

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • stay overnight

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
I wasnt allowed to get out of bed and walk around till later on in the evening. I didnt have the energy LOL, i was too busy either vomiting or sleeping so I didnt experience any dizziness

I was very cranky and irritable after surgery but that's what everybody does after surgery! LOL

I wasn't allowed to walk until the following day.

If I had to go to the restroom, I needed to summon a nurse who could help me.

As far as irritability is concerned, I was irritable following my second surgery.

When the nurse woke me up she said "Hear Again, it's time to wake up" and then placed my finger on the Braille display of my Teletouch.

What did I do? I turned over and went back to sleep. :laugh2:

Why did she placed your finger on your Teletouch?

What did this do?

Why did she placed your finger on your Teletouch?

What did this do?

The Teletouch is a communication device for the deafblind.

A sighted-hearing person types on a QWERTY keyboard and I can read what they've written on a one-cell Braille display.

Oh I see! Thanks

You're welcome. :)

My CI surgeon wanted me to use my Teletouch for communication to make sure I understood what was happening even though I still had my 3G.

I could have used a tactile terp as well, but I chose to use the Teletouch instead because I knew I'd be very tired and wouldn't rely on the terp much anyways.

Wow.. HA That's good idea and cool tech teletouch!

The Teletouch is awesome. One of the nice things about it is its' portability. I can easily carry it in my backpack. :)

I'm fortunate to have one because if I'm not mistaken, they are no longer being made.

If they are, they run about $800 each.

I felt pretty good. No dizziness or anything.

It was same for me minus the pain, I had alot of stiffness thats all and mild sore throat. i was ready to go home half an hour after i was wheeled back into my room BUT we have to stay until after we had our xrays the next morning.

Yeah why do they make us have x-rays the day after? Im sure this isnt the case in other places?

I guess maybe if it isnt in correctly they could just make us another app slot so they can just nudge it back in *giggles*

My surgery was same day. I arrived at 6:30 am and left the Vanderbilt Medical Center at 4:00 pm.

Recovery is different for bilateral. It is impossible to get comfortable sleeping. I also had dizziness and balance issues(had it before surgery, just got worst). It took 7 days to get back to work and back to normal.

Did you have both your implants done together or did you have one at a time?

I wasnt allowed to get out of bed and walk around till later on in the evening. I didnt have the energy LOL, i was too busy either vomiting or sleeping so I didnt experience any dizziness

I was very cranky and irritable after surgery but that's what everybody does after surgery! LOL

Really? It was painful? My old classmate who had experience with old CI in 1995 ci surgery. She was a cranky and moody after surgery. She was about 13 to 14 years old.

I am wonder how about adult and children different between does after surgery?

it wasnt painful for me, just uncomfortable but I was on medication every few hours or so

I think it is only an UK thing as soon as I woke up around 10am, I was off to wait a lonnnnng wait in X-Ray

It took about 15 mins to get up to x-ray because the wheelchair was dodgy, it took about an 1 hour n 15 mins just to wait for a 5 mins xray LOL but worth it

Back