Addict to eBay, anyone?

VamPyroX said:
I shop on eBay from time to time. No, I'm not an addict.

If you were a serious addict, you would be like this...

http://www.auctions-registration.com/ebay/

Oooooo! She need real help! :-o

Good thing, I am not big time addict like her....maybe in the future when I am very lone old person like her. :Ohno:

I visited eBay yesterday to buy video recorder with videotext (subtitles) because no videotext video recorder are no more produce... :( *cross finger for me* It's still one day go then video recorder with videotext will be MINE!!!! Pray for me...

I limit the prices what I know from any stores when I visit eBay. I didn't visit eBay very much... I would say 5 times in 2 years.

I saw by coincidence that eBayers bidding up to 1,800 EUR for that doll yesterday... It's still 5 days go... :ugh:

Vampy, your link is not working... I will try when I am home from work...

Deehamilton

We are ebayer. We sell and buy from ebay. We never have any problem with it. The only problem we have to pay fee for using it, like paypal etc...

I used to sell several old books on ebay. I am not pleasant with the eBay's fee and value percent fee. It just makes me feel that eBay is taking my profit out of my pocket. I could try other websites such as Overstock auction or Craig's List. Although, Graig's List is free.

Recently my wife is thinking of trying eBay to get rid of few good stuff and warm herself up on eBay soon. It includes a super TDD much like new and very rarely used and bought back in late 2002.

I have thought of trying it but never acted to do it, but I really want to do it someday. I'm just too busy and overwhelmed with other things especially my Internet business that I just started to work on underway. Lot of self-schooling involved, too. Just wish I did eBay before when I really had the time.

Other than eBay I have ordered numbers of different products online and had no problem except only one mixed-up delievery from Overstock last xmas time, but that's only one out of many orders over the years. I don't trust Overstock because it was the first and only one order I made thru them, naturally.

Really, it's much safe enough to order stuff online. It takes know-how to protect yourself and thus whom to trust first before order or whatever, I guess. Just order one at a time so it helps you develop your trust on it more and more to order online, gradually. But sure it ain't a place for extreme paranoids, lol.

I would like to hear more of you eBay users and anthing useful to know.

By the way I have heard that there is around a billion traffic thru eBay daily, wow. I think eBay owner is already a billionaire, too, right?

web730 said:
Recently my wife is thinking of trying eBay to get rid of few good stuff and warm herself up on eBay soon. It includes a super TDD much like new and very rarely used and bought back in late 2002.

I have thought of trying it but never acted to do it, but I really want to do it someday. I'm just too busy and overwhelmed with other things especially my Internet business that I just started to work on underway. Lot of self-schooling involved, too. Just wish I did eBay before when I really had the time.

Other than eBay I have ordered numbers of different products online and had no problem except only one mixed-up delievery from Overstock last xmas time, but that's only one out of many orders over the years. I don't trust Overstock because it was the first and only one order I made thru them, naturally.

Really, it's much safe enough to order stuff online. It takes know-how to protect yourself and thus whom to trust first before order or whatever, I guess. Just order one at a time so it helps you develop your trust on it more and more to order online, gradually. But sure it ain't a place for extreme paranoids, lol.

I would like to hear more of you eBay users and anthing useful to know.

By the way I have heard that there is around a billion traffic thru eBay daily, wow. I think eBay owner is already a billionaire, too, right?

For trust to bid on ebay:
1) look up on seller's feedbacks to see the comments from the buyers.
2) avoid new seller (common fraud seller).
3) not bid on too many negative seller.
4) "ebay power" icon next to seller's ID is trust to bid (ebay staffs' advice).
5) buy fraud-loss protection insurnace if you feel not sure on the seller.
6) check what the seller offer like protection - insurance - warranty for bigger prize like HDTV or comptuer even car.

Yes, I lost two or three (out of 1000+ today) during my first few month of ebay member due my careless - not check seller's feedback. Good thing, its were just hockey cards at less than $3.00. I got few bads ones and did asking the seller for exchange another or refund...I got 'em back from good sellers (i was lucky to deal with honest enough sellers). No, I haven't bid for biggest prize like HDTV..computer..etc. I bidded small prizes at most of time. Yes, I will use fraud-loss-damaged protection insurance for biggest prize from ebay sellers anytime in the future.

I am collection freak - sport stuffs, magazines-comics, coca-cola bottle-can, DVDs, more and get stuffs for my kids. These were less cost than store or collection stores as I was lucky to won them. But I must say I won around 15% and lost 85% to highest bidder. I am not trying to outbid that would go out of my budget cuz there always another one and another one coming up in the future. I am member of ebay since October 1999...whoa, the time gone fast!

Be Smart Bidder And Have a Happy Bidding!

Interesting, I has to learn from you here... We are planning to sell our stuffs to Ebay... It's our first time... We are buyer at Ebay but we haven't any experience as Ebay Seller.

I want to tell you that I won to get new brand Bissell and Rechargeable cordless Sweeper for EUR 7.05 ($8.53) last night. It worth EUR 69.95 ($84.65). I got it for $8.53 :D I told the Seller that I need his account because I want to go bank to make transfer to his account myself. (I don't trust internet with money). He understood and gave me his account number.

It's still 4 hours go that video recorder with videotext will be MINE.... Pray for me... ..... .... I MUST have it!!!!

webexplorer said:
I used to sell several old books on ebay. I am not pleasant with the eBay's fee and value percent fee. It just makes me feel that eBay is taking my profit out of my pocket. I could try other websites such as Overstock auction or Craig's List. Although, Graig's List is free.

What about go to bank yourself to make transfer to other's account?

It's normal that Ebay need profit when they have Sellers in Ebay. Its about business... Without profit is impossible because Ebay owner need money to take care of their computer, electricity used, tax, etc.

I don't trust online bank but get their account number then I can go to bank myself.

I don't buy anything or sell anything on Ebay, I got curious one day and checked it out, to be honest they sell too much junks. I'm not interesting in buying used junks.

MaxUFC said:
For trust to bid on ebay:
1) look up on seller's feedbacks to see the comments from the buyers.
2) avoid new seller (common fraud seller).
3) not bid on too many negative seller.
4) "ebay power" icon next to seller's ID is trust to bid (ebay staffs' advice).
5) buy fraud-loss protection insurnace if you feel not sure on the seller.
6) check what the seller offer like protection - insurance - warranty for bigger prize like HDTV or comptuer even car.

Yes, I lost two or three (out of 1000+ today) during my first few month of ebay member due my careless - not check seller's feedback. Good thing, its were just hockey cards at less than $3.00. I got few bads ones and did asking the seller for exchange another or refund...I got 'em back from good sellers (i was lucky to deal with honest enough sellers). No, I haven't bid for biggest prize like HDTV..computer..etc. I bidded small prizes at most of time. Yes, I will use fraud-loss-damaged protection insurance for biggest prize from ebay sellers anytime in the future.

I am collection freak - sport stuffs, magazines-comics, coca-cola bottle-can, DVDs, more and get stuffs for my kids. These were less cost than store or collection stores as I was lucky to won them. But I must say I won around 15% and lost 85% to highest bidder. I am not trying to outbid that would go out of my budget cuz there always another one and another one coming up in the future. I am member of ebay since October 1999...whoa, the time gone fast!

Be Smart Bidder And Have a Happy Bidding!
Yep, that's usually the biggest mistake that people make.

I'm careful when bidding. I usually check everything before bidding. :thumb:

Cheri said:
I don't buy anything or sell anything on Ebay, I got curious one day and checked it out, to be honest they sell too much junks. I'm not interesting in buying used junks.

No wonder, you checked it out for just one day. :laugh2: There got more new brand stuffs than you thought. Like I bought Cirque Du Soleil tickets that I took my family to attend in Hartford, CT two years ago...its mean junks? ;) Nah, that what your thought of ebay...that is cool with me. :thumb:

Liebling:-))) said:
I don't trust online bank but get their account number then I can go to bank myself.

I used my bank account into PayPal.com as online "bank" to link to ebay. They are safe to send the money to other seller's PayPal. Yes, you can send the money order check or personal check if you feel comfortable. Some of ebay sellers prefers only payment - PayPal. So, check the seller's payment options before you bid. Happy bidding! ;)

Liebling:-))) said:
What about go to bank yourself to make transfer to other's account?

It's normal that Ebay need profit when they have Sellers in Ebay. Its about business... Without profit is impossible because Ebay owner need money to take care of their computer, electricity used, tax, etc.

I am not sure what you mean about the bank to make transfer to other account? I am thinking about my credit card on PayPal. (I don't like to use PayPal's credit card. I use other credit card company.)

It is okay for eBay Company to charge them on insertion fees, but not the value fee. That value is supposed to be the seller's profit. U know what I mean.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

webexplorer said:
I am not sure what you mean about the bank to make transfer to other account? I am thinking about my credit card on PayPal. (I don't like to use PayPal's credit card. I use other credit card company.)

It is okay for eBay Company to charge them on insertion fees, but not the value fee. That value is supposed to be the seller's profit. U know what I mean.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Yes, you can use your credit card into PayPal as you are buyer.

I am die hard addict to eBay!!!! I will scream if I wont get on cpu to search my need on eBay...

To MaxUFC, I would highly recommend u to use PayPal to more attractive bidders, u can also add money order, but I hate money order since its long and hard work while PayPal is very easy and fast...

To all non-addict or addict or seller of eBay, pls feel free to ask me any questions cuz I am freak with eBay and know all abt it! :wave:

How many items that you have sold on eBay?

Yesterday, I received an email for the first time asking me that I need to go on eBay's website to check my eBay's email box. But, I did not click the email's link because I noticed that a buyer is from UK, and I haven't sell any item yet. It is almost a real one. I reported it to eBay - it's spoofing email something like that. I would never click anything on the email which is from eBay or a bank. I only direct to a main website...

webexplorer said:

Yesterday, I received an email for the first time asking me that I need to go on eBay's website to check my eBay's email box. But, I did not click the email's link because I noticed that a buyer is from UK, and I haven't sell any item yet. It is almost a real one. I reported it to eBay - it's spoofing email something like that. I would never click anything on the email which is from eBay or a bank. I only direct to a main website...

Contact to your buyer for communication! It is normal for most buyer to buy for few days to a week. If buyer did not buy your item for over a week then communication with your buyer. If you have not hear from your buyer then report it to ebay.

Link here for ebay policies

farewell65 said:
I am die hard addict to eBay!!!! I will scream if I wont get on cpu to search my need on eBay...

To MaxUFC, I would highly recommend u to use PayPal to more attractive bidders, u can also add money order, but I hate money order since its long and hard work while PayPal is very easy and fast...

To all non-addict or addict or seller of eBay, pls feel free to ask me any questions cuz I am freak with eBay and know all abt it! :wave:

I agree with you for highly recommend to use PayPal. It is safest way and more security than other payment method like outside of ebay and paypay. They can helping you for refund if buyer or seller did not sold you or paying you. If you are using other payment method like money order or Western Union then Ebay and Paypal might not able to help you because it is outside of business.

webexplorer said:

Yep! There are people out there who will create websites that look like eBay and PayPal... asking you to log in... like a certain member did with MySpace recently. ;)

Cheri said:

No, it´s not just junks... but second hand and brand new...

I said in my previous post

I want to tell you that I won to get new brand Bissell and Rechargeable cordless Sweeper for EUR 7.05 ($8.53) last night. It worth EUR 69.95 ($84.65). I got it for $8.53

It´s cool to use E-bay if I want to sell my stuff there... let them bidding up whatever they like than sell my stuff to garage boot... because people pressure me with prices. At ebay, nobody can pressure me... ;) (I will sell my stuffs to ebay but it´s my first time try... I am buyer at ebay but haven´t any experience as seller.

I won to have video recorder with videotext... last Friday :D!!!!!

Back