A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have a quick question to that AD'ers that are up right now. So, I got invited to an award dinner thing - a bit formal. Anyway, I wrote saying that I couldn't attend and the lady wrote back saying...well, we were going to give you "Student of the Year Award" and she suggested that I find someone eles to cook (I live in a house with 14 people, and we rotate cooks). But truth be told, I cannot be getting this award for academic reasons - I'm barely passing - because I can't get notetakers or support- which is another story. This award is being given by a diversity organization on campus. So, I feel like I'm getting this award because of my hearing loss. Is it rude of me to tell them that I feel uncomfortable accepting this award. I want to be judged on the same standard as everyone else - even though the playing fields feel a little unequal right now. Any thoughts? I think I am going to turn it down and state them to respect that decision.

Ahhh, I have Monday off, a full day of laziness coming up.

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:

lol nope sorry. I don't do that to celebrities. Olsen twins were here too few weeks ago.

Lol ok. I remember, walking around Melrose Ave and ran into Paul Stanley of Kiss that was very exciting! No pic in those days no cellphones. I did get an autograph:)

Again since Anzac public holiday? :roll:
Your comment is unfortunately, offended me.

Last monday was public holiday - with due respect for ANZAC memior, on monday next week is just my day off work - as I have been asked to. Please re-think your comment. :|

Ok, I have a quick question to that AD'ers that are up right now. So, I got invited to an award dinner thing - a bit formal. Anyway, I wrote saying that I couldn't attend and the lady wrote back saying...well, we were going to give you "Student of the Year Award" and she suggested that I find someone eles to cook (I live in a house with 14 people, and we rotate cooks). But truth be told, I cannot be getting this award for academic reasons - I'm barely passing - because I can't get notetakers or support- which is another story. This award is being given by a diversity organization on campus. So, I feel like I'm getting this award because of my hearing loss. Is it rude of me to tell them that I feel uncomfortable accepting this award. I want to be judged on the same standard as everyone else - even though the playing fields feel a little unequal right now. Any thoughts? I think I am going to turn it down and state them to respect that decision.

rude? no absolutely nothing wrong at all. If you feel that you're getting a pity award cuz of your deafness, then address it to her. express it to her that you want to be judged on the same standard as everybody else.

good luck.

hrm... Rogers Cable have made a huge screw up on my cable and internet bills for May and afterwards after I asked them to make two simple changes. :mad2:

Kinda slow here today, isn't it? I'm stuck in bed with bad cramps. Some one amuse me!!!!

Wirelessly posted

Royale said:
hrm... Rogers Cable have made a huge screw up on my cable and internet bills for May and afterwards after I asked them to make two simple changes. :mad2:

I got Shaw.

Nah-nah-nah-nah!

Better services than yoooou!

Typical of Rogers.

Wirelessly posted

I was a good girl today :)

Wirelessly posted

Royale said:
quirkylibra said:
I hate when people mow the lawn!

Why?

Someone probably ran over a gartersnake and left it behind for her to find.

Happened to someone I know this morning.

Apparently the whole scenario invoked memories of Secret of NIM.

Last edited:

Wirelessly posted

Someone probably ran over a gartersnake and left it behind for her to find.

Happened to someone I know this morning.

Apparently the whole scenario invoked memories of Secret of NIM.

:lol: That's a good try Souggy! It's actually because I am allergic to cut grass and I was enjoying my time outside. The weather is so nice, but I had to come in because I couldn't take it anymore! :(

Anyone have any exciting weekend plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back