7 polices hurt in Baltimore riots

well considering that Gray was already apparently injured or at least was (I would think) in a weakened physical state because of the spinal surgery 10 days before I would think that's a more likely scenario to be injured in the "bumper car ride" than the other guy. Some people can manage to keep from banging into things, if he does have less injuries he is probably physically fit.

:dunno: just spitballing.

I have no earthly idea if the police were responsible or not. I do know that he was arrested for selling crack. I also do know he had spine surgery a week and a half before his arrest.

I also don't know if the other guy who was riding in the van with Freddy suffered any injuries.
Looks like you know very little.
He wasnt arrested for selling crack,he was arrested for possesing a legel knife, the arrest has now been deemed an illegal arrest. And fhe oficers have been charged with murder

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/ne...cide-states-attorney-rules&pubdate=2015-05-01

he peladed.for medical aid.which was ignored. he pleaded for.his asthma medication which was ignored, he was alive before.the cops.touched him, he died while.in their custody. due to their actions.

well considering that Gray was already apparently injured or at least was (I would think) in a weakened physical state because of the spinal surgery 10 days before I would think that's a more likely scenario to be injured in the "bumper car ride" than the other guy. Some people can manage to keep from banging into things, if he does have less injuries he is probably physically fit.

:dunno: just spitballing.

There is no evidence he had spinal surgery. It is a rumor because he was trying to collect a settlement based on lead paint. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-gray-settlement-20150429-story.html

He died from his head slamming into a bolt in the van. The van also made more than one unecessary stop. http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/30/baltimore-police-van-freddie-gray-stop

This subject above about Freddy's injury is the same subject in another thread so shouldn't both threads be merged?

Anyway, it's really sad to see that there are still corrupt cops who don't give a crap about black lives. Right now those 6 cops are being charged so I hope other cops will start to respect black lives from now on.

Freddie Gray Death: These Are the Charges 6 Baltimore Officers Face

The six officers involved in the death of Baltimore man Freddie Gray are facing multiple charges, including one count of second-degree murder and several counts of manslaughter, the city's state's attorney announced Friday.

Gray, 25, suffered a spinal cord injury after he was placed into a police van during his arrest April 12. He fell into a coma and died a week later.

Here are the charges against the officers and the maximum penalty each charge carries:

Officer Caesar Goodson Jr. (the driver of the van):
•Second-degree depraved-heart murder (30 years)
•Involuntary manslaughter (10 years)
•Assault/second degree (10 years)
•Manslaughter by vehicle, gross negligence (10 years)
•Manslaughter by vehicle, criminal negligence (three years)
•Misconduct in office

Officer William Porter
•Misconduct in office

Lt. Brian Rice
•Misconduct in office
•Misconduct in office
•False imprisonment

Officer Edward Nero
•Misconduct in office
•Misconduct in office
•False imprisonment

Officer Garrett Miller
•Misconduct in office
•Misconduct in office
•False imprisonment

Sgt. Alicia White
•Misconduct in office

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ba...are-charges-6-baltimore-officers-face-n351921

The six officers involved in the death of Baltimore man Freddie Gray are facing multiple charges, including one count of second-degree murder and several counts of manslaughter, the city's state's attorney announced Friday.

Gray, 25, suffered a spinal cord injury after he was placed into a police van during his arrest April 12. He fell into a coma and died a week later.

Here are the charges against the officers and the maximum penalty each charge carries:

Officer Caesar Goodson Jr. (the driver of the van):
•Second-degree depraved-heart murder (30 years)
•Manslaughter by vehicle, gross negligence (10 years)
•Manslaughter by vehicle, criminal negligence (three years)
•Misconduct in office

Officer William Porter
•Misconduct in office

Lt. Brian Rice
•Misconduct in office
•Misconduct in office
•False imprisonment

Officer Edward Nero
•Misconduct in office
•Misconduct in office
•False imprisonment

Officer Garrett Miller
•Misconduct in office
•Misconduct in office
•False imprisonment

Sgt. Alicia White
•Misconduct in office

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ba...are-charges-6-baltimore-officers-face-n351921
Wow! A lot of charges. Misconduct in office? Meaning writing a false report?

Anyway CC in the videos at that website sucks big time.

There you go! I told you long time ago cops CAN make up charges and get away with it. This isn't the first time, not even second time... at least finally charge being brought up, BUT will justice be served? Depends... cause officers KNEW the law, and loopholes, with their own attorney that could better defend themselves leaving the innocent people in dark (Not knowing the law, and loopholes) and cops gets away... State may be responsible for civil lawsuit, so state MIGHT help these naughty officers in hope to avoid the lawsuits... anyway I hope not this time. Wait and see!

There you go! I told you long time ago cops CAN make up charges and get away with it. This isn't the first time, not even second time... at least finally charge being brought up, BUT will justice be served? Depends... cause officers KNEW the law, and loopholes, with their own attorney that could better defend themselves leaving the innocent people in dark (Not knowing the law, and loopholes) and cops gets away... State may be responsible for civil lawsuit, so state MIGHT help these naughty officers in hope to avoid the lawsuits... anyway I hope not this time. Wait and see!
Well, the state attorney charges them since she has proofs that will show that they didn't give a **** about his injury caused by them so they will NOT get away at all.

Yeah the CC do suck big time they worked better before the station updated their web site.

Officers charged in Freddie Gray case make bail

Six police officers face charges, including second-degree depraved-heart murder

(CNN) -
The six police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray paid bail Friday, according to online court records.

Bail for Caesar Goodson, Alicia White, William Porter and Brian Rice had been set at $350,000 each. Edward Nero and Garrett Miller each had a bail of $250,000.

The officers will face charges in Gray's death, the city's prosecutor said Friday in an unexpected announcement that brought cheers from protesters and words of protest from the police union.

The announcement by Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby left no doubt about what she thinks happened April 12, when Gray was arrested: The 25-year-old died, she said, after suffering "a severe and critical neck injury" while being transported "handcuffed, shackled by his feet and unrestrained" inside a police van. It is against police policy to transport a prisoner without proper restraints such as a seat belt.

But the city's police union insisted that none of the officers was responsible for Gray's death.

"To the contrary, at all times, each of the officers diligently balanced their obligations to protect Mr. Gray and discharge their duties to protect the public," wrote Baltimore City Fraternal Order of Police President Gene Ryan.

The driver of the van, Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr. received the most serious charge: second-degree depraved-heart murder, among other accusations -- including manslaughter by vehicle.

Charges against the other officers varied. All are accused of misconduct and second-degree assault. Three are charged with involuntary manslaughter.

The six have a preliminary hearing on May 27, according to court documents available on the state of Maryland's Judiciary Case Search website.

Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake urged Police Commissioner Anthony Batts to immediately suspend all officers facing charges.

"There will be justice for Mr. Gray, there will be justice for his family, and there will be justice for the city of Baltimore," she said.

Read more:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/us-world-news/baltimores-uneasy-peace-protests-spread/32682148

The difference between rabid dogs and carrer criminals, is rhe criminals very well know how to shoot back

They actually don't....hence the pregnant women getting shot, the children playing in the front lawn, the elderly lady carrying her groceries home.

People licensed to own a gun have better aim and unfortunately, they're the people cops and politicians try and keep guns away from, while ironically, making it easier for criminals.

Laura

Anderson Cooper said that three of the six police officers charged are African American. Interesting.....The police officer driving the van is African American.

Speaking of the guy who shared the wagon ride--did he sustain any injuries from the ride?

I saw that guy on the news and it did not look like he sustain any injuries. He was able to stand on his own to feet. He was arrested after Gray was so the polices saw how bad off Gray was when they opened the doors up to put the second guy in and the polices still got no medial attention for Gray. Disgusting !

where is the medical report?

probably on attorney general's desk.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/autopsy-report-freddie-gray-prosecutors-medical-examiner-30728989
Autopsy report on Freddie Gray has been sent to prosecutors, medical examiner says.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...medical_examiner_allegedly_says_van_wall.html
Baltimore's medical examiner found that Freddie Gray's fatal spinal injury "was caused when he slammed into the back of the police transport van" in which he'd been placed after his arrest, a local ABC station reports. The station also says a police report turned over to state prosecutors on Thursday "found no evidence" that Gray was injured during his "videotaped arrest and interaction with police officers."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/02/us/freddie-gray-autopsy-report-given-to-baltimore-prosecutors.html
The state’s attorney for Baltimore City, Marilyn J. Mosby, filed the charges almost as soon as she received a medical examiner’s report that ruled Mr. Gray’s death a homicide, and a day after the police concluded their initial investigation and handed over their findings. Officials had cautioned that it could take considerable time for her office to complete its own investigation and decide whether to prosecute.
I think the attorney general has gathered enough evidence to arrest the officers.

1. the arrest was illegal
2. no probable cause was found to arrest him
3. failure to secure him in the transport van
4. failure to follow the procedure to render a medical assistance
5. again - the arrest was illegal

so I don't know what you're angling at....

He was not arrested for selling he was arrested for running . He was in an area where drugs are sold and when the police came for something that had nothing to do with him he ran. By law they have the right to chase him under suspension. The video that was removed showed the officer kick him in the neck after he was on the ground. The kick broke his voice box and then caused him not to be able to breath. The officer then put his knee on the back of his neck and cause spinal injury. The medical examination showed that if he was properly secured in the van and if they called an ambulance like it says in their protocol, for anyone in custody and is injured or ask for medical attention, his life could have been saved. That county already had a reputation for driving in a way that can harm a prisoner. Once someone is in the custody of an officer they are the officers responsibility.

Sent from my SM-T520 using AllDeaf App mobile app

you cannot be arrested for running. I don't even think there is a charge for running.

He was running, because he was selling crack and didn't want the police to catch him. That is called evasion.

You can actually run along the street .. in shorts, a t-shirt and tennis shoes, and not get in trouble. However, you cannot be doing this when the police have told you to stop. When you do this, the police have authority to use appropriate force to stop you.

It probably wasn't a very good idea for Freddie to be selling crack was it? His preliminary toxicology report tested positive for heroin.

you cannot be arrested for running. I don't even think there is a charge for running.

He was running, because he was selling crack and didn't want the police to catch him. That is called evasion.

You can actually run along the street .. in shorts, a t-shirt and tennis shoes, and not get in trouble. However, you cannot be doing this when the police have told you to stop. When you do this, the police have authority to use appropriate force to stop you.

It probably wasn't a very good idea for Freddie to be selling crack was it?

apparently running away from cop was a probable cause for officers to chase after him and legally - running away at the sight of cops is not a probable cause.

and he was arrested for possession of switchblade... which is legal under Maryland law. I don't know where you get the part about crack. no crack was found.

apparently running away from cop was a probable cause for officers to chase after him and legally - running away at the sight of cops is not a probable cause.

and he was arrested for possession of switchblade... which is legal under Maryland law. I don't know where you get the part about crack. no crack was found.

How do you know that no crack was found? do you have proof of this?

How do you know that no crack was found? do you have proof of this?

the logic dictates that if he was arrested for selling crack (which you claim)... surely.... the police must found crack on him and bagged it for evidence, no? so where is it? where did you get the part that he was arrested for selling crack?

Anderson Cooper said that three of the six police officers charged are African American. Interesting.....The police officer driving the van is African American.

Yep.

It is interesting too that violent criminal African American gangs want to target the police.

Why is it that peaceful civilians of all national origins are not the ones targeting the police?

CD9WrqJWgAAIZ8-.jpg

Back