2010 Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may hate the New Democratic Party or the Bloc Quebocois in my country and would loathes to see them take the helm, but without them, we would have a two-party system between the Conservatives and the Liberals, and neither are true representation of the people's political belief.

I share your sentiments. I don't care for the Blocs. They are traitors and not to mention the government of Quebec is the most bloated and corrupted out of all the provinces across the country of Canada.

It never ceases to amaze me that those who demand that we respect their credibility refuse to stick to the topic and discuss a subject intelligently but instead, resort to juvenile personal slights and slams. Sounds like a bunch of kids playing the dozens on a street corner. And these people actually vote.

I never said the American copied their system from the British, nor did I say the British invented the concept of revolution.

All I said is the Patriots would had never revolted if they didn't want the same access to the Bill of Rights of 1689 that British subjects got after the Glorious Revolution of 1688. If they were treated equally as they were back in the "motherland," the revolution would had never happened.

And who passed the Bill of Rights of 1689? The British Parliament. So it's not really about dictatorship or a tyrant, but equality between the home country and her overseas colonies.

You said Americans would never have gotten the "idea" of a revolution if it hadn't been for the Bill of Rights of 1689.

You said Americans would never have gotten the "idea" of a revolution if it hadn't been for the Bill of Rights of 1689.

right. not invented. 2 completely different things. ever heard of INSPIRATION?

It never ceases to amaze me that those who demand that we respect their credibility refuse to stick to the topic and discuss a subject intelligently but instead, resort to juvenile personal slights and slams. Sounds like a bunch of kids playing the dozens on a street corner. And these people actually vote.

People like you actually vote?

:eek3:

that is scary.

I would think you would be a little chipper today knowing Nancy is kicking rocks all the way back to California.

Er...

Do you not understand what a balanced Senate is?

I may hate the New Democratic Party or the Bloc Quebocois in my country and would loathes to see them take the helm, but without them, we would have a two-party system between the Conservatives and the Liberals, and neither are true representation of the people's political belief.

With other parties taking up the seats, the minority are forced to find a common ground and forge an alliance which is more or less what the people want in the long run, rather than one party calling all the shots. If the alliance strays from their common grounds, it quickly falls apart.

So I may hate the pseudo-Communist NDP, but I wouldn't want to see my country without them mainly because we need to maintain a system of balance.

Well, I agreed about being stuck with two parties system is bad thing. I was just being picky because I think Liberatian party is like one of worst party to pick for to change the system is all, lol. But yeah it would be nice to have more parties to pick from to keep the balance in the system.

that is scary.

I would think you would be a little chipper today knowing Nancy is kicking rocks all the way back to California.

I find it scary that people like you vote when you don't even know the Constitution. I'm referring to the Second article which you seem to have missed.

I am under the impression that anyone you don't like as a president is a dictator yet when someone who's a conservative who's president is somehow not a dictator even though no changes were made to the Constitution.

I take it that you finally admit your errors but you have no recollection of what you typed last nite. I mean that's what your post implies, right? :lol:

:zzz:

election is over, Republicans made historic gains.

Why? Because THE PEOPLE are in charge of this country.

I share your sentiments. I don't care for the Blocs. They are traitors and not to mention the government of Quebec is the most bloated and corrupted out of all the provinces across the country of Canada.

Thank God, the Pepsis haven't multiplied out of control yet to produce more ridings for the Bloc to take over the majority of the government.

But you got to love how they switch sides in order to get the bills they want passed.

I find it scary that people like you vote when you don't even know the Constitution. I'm referring to the Second article which you seem to have missed.

I am under the impression that anyone you don't like as a president is a dictator yet when someone who's a conservative who's president is somehow not a dictator even though no changes were made to the Constitution.

Your talking about the Patriot Act no doubt?

Obama agrees with it. He didn't change it ..... he took it a step further, it is now required by law to purchase a commercial product or face fines and/or imprisonment.

There was no promised transparency, the person who claimed "You will see what is in it when it passes" is kicking rocks all the way back to California.

This election proves that those who have supported Obama all along haven't a clue as to what they are talking about.

Obama agrees with it. He didn't change it ..... he took it a step further, it is now required by law to purchase a commercial product or face fines and/or imprisonment.

There was no promised transparency, the person who claimed "You will see what is in it when it passes" is kicking rocks all the way back to California.

This election proves that those who have supported Obama all along haven't a clue as to what they are talking about.

No, all the elections in the past thirty years proved is how stupid Americans are for not voting for the alternatives.

that is scary.

People like both of you and Jillio voted?

who created Patriot Acts first?

I didn't have the Patriot Act in mind and I am wondering what it has to do with Obama or the Second Article. What I had in mind is your own words from last night in this thread.

Were you trying to pin the the Patriot Act on him? For the record, I don't support it and it was done under Bush who fits the defination of dicator much better then Obama fits it.

And who made you king?

You.

But honestly, in the world of "free information," air quotes, is there really any excuse to be ignorant of what is going on? Americans complain the Republicans are corrupted; they complain the Democrats are corrupted. They dismiss alternatives as "too small to make a difference," while ignoring the fact that their voting powers empower the little guys into something sizeable.

But nooooooo... people just read the news, watch the tellies and make their judgement based on corporate-sponsored articles and well-funded ads.

Whoa!

What is up with all the personal attacks and debates in this thread? We were getting along last night, and I come here now, and WOW!

Anyway, back to topic.

Our Governor's race was too closed to call last night.

Alex Sink conceded late this morning, so Rick Scott won that race. I'm not pleased, but, it is what it is.

I think given the change in the House, there is going to have to be cooperation between the President and the Legislative branch. Otherwise, can we say, "Deadlock"?

A deadlock would be the worst thing that could happen. We saw that in the 80s when we had a Democrative House and Senate and a Republican president. I don't think we want to go back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back