Would you date a hearie

Not sure I voice and sign had one sign ty thats about it... But yes I had a blast! I would rather struggle with sign much easier than 'trying to hear' :giggle: Most stressless night in awhile and it was nice not having to repeat over and over I can't hear you and damn people think I just mean for them to yell louder :giggle:

All smart ass comments aside I had a great time and I was amazed at how many people there made the effort to communicate rather then just walking away which is what I get now, mostly its me pushing them away if you get what I mean, and I didn't realize that until that night... but don't go getting a big head over it now :lol:

:thumb:

that's how I feel at deaf social event.

Craig does that mean you have some hearing and can speak as well, is that used in your job with the state I think, I asked you in an email because there really wasn't an place to ask in forum but I guess it applies here?

Yes that is correct. I'm also implying that perhaps society expects males to lead so there's a wee bit more expectation for me to understand the conversation.

simple. because i have gotten along very, very well w/ deaf folks than w/ hearies like myself. good question.

What's the ASL for it, so I can sign it to the most annoyingest people ever on this planet? xD LOL

what's the chinese word for it so I can say it to the most obnoxious, screaming chinese people at Chinatown.

GTFO. Support your local pizza places. Backcountry Pizza is where it is at for me! (And TWA)

In Indiana, Pizza Hut is better than most of the local slop houses. Finally I just said FIA and learned how to make my own.

Wirelessly posted

TheWriteAlex said:
So how do you approach the situation if you see a girl you are interested in and she is a hearie

It's very difficult. Usually, I have to wait for a hearing woman to be interested in me and willing to step across that communication line. If they're not willing to make the effort, I can't force them. This is why approaching hearing women is so hard. The second the conversation get's difficult, and believe me, it get's difficult right from the beginning, they usually start looking around as if the building is on fire and they're searching for the nearest fire exit.

In my experience, if they are turned off when I tell them I'm deaf, it means they aren't a good match anyway.

Their loss, you are a very talented writer with all the right words to say. You are a sweet guy :)

In Indiana, Pizza Hut is better than most of the local slop houses. Finally I just said FIA and learned how to make my own.

I know how to make pizza in five different styles :cool2:

What's the ASL for it, so I can sign it to the most annoyingest people ever on this planet? xD LOL

It is a "B" to the middle of your chin for the fairer gender so I wouldn't think you'd use it as much for them; therefore, the one for the guys is that same "B" to the middle of your forehead. :lol:

now if only there was a deaf group or community or individuals down here. i do have a deaf neighbor but its a dude. i am looking for a lady.

Back