Which country would seize when United States of America collapses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a "Philadelphia experiment" type of Stargate the armies could come through? :P

Is there a "Philadelphia experiment" type of Stargate the armies could come through? :P

that's how Nazi invaded whole Europe and northern Africa so quickly :laugh2:

...Secondly how do you reason that Ohio will have naval superiority when it doesn't even border a major ocean? I don't think Canada would appreciate seeing US Navy going through the St Lawrence to get to the Atlantic....
Most of the ships and subs can go thru the Seaway to the Great Lakes. Aircraft carriers cannot. I'm not sure about some of the larger subs and ships. Either way, they have to dead end at the lakes.

I would sure hate to fight against the modern military. We have such high-powered bullets that one shot through a house would suck out its inhabitants through the exit hole. Dang.

I read that book as well, Reba. Years and years and years ago. :lol:

In 1971 I read a book called "Vandenberg" by Oliver Lange. It was in the middle of the Cold War and the Russians took over the USA. We went out not with a bang, but a whimper. I recommend the book for reading, since it is still pertinent today as it was over 30 years ago. (Our downfall was apathy and accomodation, which is still true today.)
How about Red Dawn?

I haven't caught up with all the posts in this thread yet, so it might have been brought up before but here's my question: If we're supposing a military attack on CONUS that follows a total economic collapse, how do you expect to support the American military? The military needs fuel for its operations, and it needs heavy equipment and supplies to be replenished. If our country suffers a total economic collapse, how would we pay for foreign purchases of fuel and equipment? I don't think they'd accept our good looks as fair exchange.

I would sure hate to fight against the modern military. We have such high-powered bullets that one shot through a house would suck out its inhabitants through the exit hole. Dang.

I know what you're talking about - the uranium-depleted bullets going thru tanks. It only works in sealed environment and tank is it.

How about Red Dawn?

Saw the movie, not sure if there is a book by that name. I don't think it is technically feasible for the Russians to invade from the south. A LONG time ago I saw similar debates (in another forum) about invasion scenarios, and the most popular one was that the Chinese invade through the northwest while the Russians invade from the east.

Last edited:
Saw the movie, not sure if there is a book by that name. I don't think it is technically feasible for the Russians to invade from the south. A LONG time ago I saw similar debates (in another forum) about invasion scenarios, and the most popular one was that the Chinese invade through the northeast while the Russians invade from the east.
Was the eastern invasion by Russians supposing that they used former "Eastern Bloc" nations for staging?

I haven't caught up with all the posts in this thread yet, so it might have been brought up before but here's my question: If we're supposing a military attack on CONUS that follows a total economic collapse, how do you expect to support the American military? The military needs fuel for its operations, and it needs heavy equipment and supplies to be replenished. If our country suffers a total economic collapse, how would we pay for foreign purchases of fuel and equipment? I don't think they'd accept our good looks as fair exchange.

we use what we have. We have Europe on our back to supply us but not much. Beside they owe us big time... for WW1 and WW2.... :mad2: As for fuel - that's what Texas is for. and plus... U.S. Petroleum Reserves. Total economic collapse means.. our dollars are worthless but we've got Fort Knox!! the gold!

You gotta love USA for coming up with many contingencies for even far-fetched scenarios!! :cool2:

Was the eastern invasion by Russians supposing that they used former "Eastern Bloc" nations for staging?

That was one scenario, but I have heard others far more esoteric, lol.

we use what we have. We have Europe on our back to supply us but not much. Beside they owe us big time... for WW1 and WW2.... :mad2: As for fuel - that's what Texas is for. and plus... U.S. Petroleum Reserves. Total economic collapse means.. our dollars are worthless but we've got Fort Knox!! the gold!

You gotta love USA for coming up with many contingencies for even far-fetched scenarios!! :cool2:
I don't know how helpful Europe could be, especially if they have their own economy problems. If our economy collapses, it will effect their economies, too.

How long do you think the current oil reserves would last?

Also, whatever local oil we have in the ground or under the ocean, it still needs to be refined and delivered. That's something that can't happen overnight.

Shopping with Fort Knox gold might be a logistics problem. Also, the USA is not on the gold standard, so is there enough gold there? I don't know, so I'm asking. :dunno:

i know of a book somewhere as well--cannot think of the title (and its pissing me off ha).. but it has to do w/ if Germany won WW2, and eventually took over America. I wanted to pick it up soooo bad from Barnes & Noble but i didnt have the funds at the time :(

But scenarios like that interest me as well.

I don't know how helpful Europe could be, especially if they have their own economy problems. If our economy collapses, it will effect their economies, too.
that's why I said "not much...." the best they can do for us is humanitarian effort - food, medicine, etc.

probably enough for war effort against invader :dunno:

Also, whatever local oil we have in the ground or under the ocean, it still needs to be refined and delivered. That's something that can't happen overnight.
That's what Texas and surrounding states are for. Some in North-eastern states as well.

Shopping with Fort Knox gold might be a logistics problem. Also, the USA is not on the gold standard, so is there enough gold there? I don't know, so I'm asking. :dunno:
probably enough for war effort :dunno:

i know of a book somewhere as well--cannot think of the title (and its pissing me off ha).. but it has to do w/ if Germany won WW2, and eventually took over America. I wanted to pick it up soooo bad from Barnes & Noble but i didnt have the funds at the time :(

get it from public library. Please do tell me the title of book if you finally remember :cool2:

I agree that it's not likely they will just hand out the Fort Knox gold. I have been collecting gold and silver for quite some time now, and I am astonished gold is so cheap. The US dollar is already dead in Europe, and I can see the not-too-distant future where a suitcase full of US dollars would be worthless. Someone might rob you at gunpoint, dump out the dollars and run away with the suitcase.

Same here I been watch history channel. German U-Boats did went in Gulf of Mexico and plan attack at New Orlean. It is fail due US patrol planes caught them. US Navy thought it is whale but they keep fly lower to take look closer gotcha it is U-Boat!. bang kill them.

PS I would like to read that book too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back