Which country would seize when United States of America collapses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though California is nearly broke right now, I still agree with you, Byrdie. :lol:

Not without losing California as it's a known fact that it is one of the biggest economies that benefits the US.

of course. after all, it is the largest (i.e. most populated) state in the u.s.

I wonder what about those something like Cascadia, or Lakota?

Not without losing California as it's a known fact that it is one of the biggest economies that benefits the US.

you're talking about peacetime. when it comes to war, economy's of no concern... economy's already at standstill when it comes to war. your dollars and coins mean nothing. the system is broken. the government is broken (as what OP said when the government has collapsed). It is now switched to war effort - the manufacturing of weapons (exactly like WWI & WWII). Plenty of those kind of factories in Virginia, Texas, and bunch of other states.

California and Washington will be hit first by Chinese or other invader. and when that happen - Californians will run away to East. Fear not... we will regain it back later.

Funny thing is... all these invasion stuff.... it makes a cool movie or game. it's pretty cool to fantasize about it. unfortunately..... in reality....... it's possibly very unlikely that it would ever happen because.. here's a thing - it took USA over 6 months to mobilize about 200,000 troops and tanks/choppers/etc to Iraq in 1991. Now how can invader actually mobilize that massive amount of troop QUIETLY to America without anybody knowing it? It's very easy to spot massive mobilization with spy satellites and it's very easy to discover this thru "chatter"

to be continued......

A friend and I had an intense conversation not too long ago about this question.

This is an hypothetical question which got me piqued.

My response to this friend was -

Hmm, That is a good question. There's no telling which country would seize USA; However, USA once was under England's control and perhaps I'm playing the devil's advocate here - It'd be ironic if England actually seized this country again.

What are your take on this?

Could it be China because USA is in a huge debt to them? Could it be India? Could it be one of these Middle Eastern Countries? :dunno:

Discuss with respect, please. :)

First of all, I'm glad to see more positive discussion on this thread here.

I doubt any country would seize USA when USA collapse but China's issue is an important question for me to ask. I have several questions to ask you all.

Sure, we all know that China is one of the largest foreign investors in USA. China bought dollars to keep its own currency and gives the U.S. government more cash to spend more. Yes, China need America as an export market to boost their own economy because they knows that Americans buys all the China products.

BUT...but... What USA would be become if China decide to stop to buy US debt?

Accord Jolie's question, China's investment to US debt would be a valueless if USA goes bankrupt... Do you think China would accept and say nothing after lost their investment to US bankrupt/collapse ? Would China do something to save their investment before USA goes collapse? Maybe China take USA over to cover the US debts?

Another question, do you think US Government should pay off the debts to foreign investors few hundreds million of $700 billion bailout to save USA's country or aviod any problems from them?

Last edited:
... Don't worry, Sniper Tousi will take on your share of the load. :lol:
You cover the Southwest, and I'll cover the Southeast. Jiro will cover the Northeast, and Byrdie will cover the Northwest. :)

Fail? Well, I don't think America will actually fail. Sure, America may have been through a lot of rough patches in the entire 232 years since the Declaration of Independence was entered - It has not failed. America has been through the Great Depression and did we fail? No, We bounced right back. We are in this current global economy situation and that goes for a lot of other countries too. They are doing fine too.

So, I ask you, Why is it that you think America will be the next to fail?

Well, first of all I think it is because, of lawlessness. And, secondly -- greedy, fraud, dishonesty, violate of trust, and the list goes on. That's the main reason why our America don't success very well and it became weak. What happened to America's blessings ? I am talkin' about America's future. Will America success through blessings like it was before in WWI & II ? I think America's future is very bleak - not 100% promisin', but at the same time, I believe there's a hope out there somewhere.

Question: Is it America always the country that the other foreign countries depend on ? Like for instance: Stock Market ? If, so -- I would like to know why it is always America that the whole world depend on when it comes to Stock Market for businesses ? I wonder, do each foreign country have their own Stock Market to help their own businesses without dependin' on our country ? I know, it is wrong to rely other foreign country's oil like the one in Saudia Arabia, but at the same time our American people don't want to drill in our land for oil -- save that alone in case for America's emergency when the time comes. I mean, just in case if, other foreign countries decide not to help America.

And, also I recalled readin' one of books, it tells about 3 or 4 different militaries/armies from other foreign countries to take over our country to send some American people to their foreign countries. For example: it explained about our American troops and that they need to be sendin' out to other foreign countries instead of protectin' our country, because if, American troops stay in our country, then they will feel sympathy to see American people suffer in the hands of foreign armies/troops ( abuses, tortures, and etc., etc. ). Foreign armies/troops will not feel sympathy toward American people. They are trained not to feel for other " foreign " people who don't live in their same country.

If, you ask me what foreign troops are. They are Russians, Chineses, Germans troops... more like " communist " troops. In book, it tells about the color of their United Nations caps. One foreign troops group's caps would be blue, and the other foreign troops group's caps would be red ... etc., etc. And, they will be dividin' all over in our country. America will be dividin' into parts and people can not escape from their own state to another state. The White House already have their own blue print for everythin' to prepare ahead if, ONE BIG " screw up " hits. We, the American people don't know anythin' about their plans and they don't want us to know what their plans are, because it will cause people to panic. They want to cover its lid and stay right there.....until the BIG ONE " screw up " takes over. When THAT happens, we are on our own without assistance.

The book I read gave me deep graphic and large picture to get the idea, so I will know what it really is, but that book don't give the real exact picture of what actual event will happen. But, it does give me some ideas. The other book is more intense to read... it's called " Red Alert." I read that book back in 1980's. I don't forget what that book was all about. Very intense book.

It's normal for capitalism to see economy goes boom or down, it happens in other countries, mostly developed countries and some part of Europe does has bad economy in past, same with Asian economy in around 90's, such as Japan. Both of military system and economy system aren't compare when come with government, there's many ways to how economy works, really alot of information.

I had disagree with one person about stated as push into dictatorship, being dictator wouldn't help the economy but trends to more worse and we are believe in freedom, yes way for constitution and no one could goes over our constitution and homogeneous of Americans are strongly oppose on dictatorship.

Well, first of all I think it is because, of lawlessness. And, secondly -- greedy, fraud, dishonesty, violate of trust, and the list goes on. That's the main reason why our America don't success very well and it became weak. What happened to America's blessings ? I am talkin' about America's future. Will America success through blessings like it was before in WWI & II ? I think America's future is very bleak - not 100% promisin', but at the same time, I believe there's a hope out there somewhere.

Question: Is it America always the country that the other foreign countries depend on ? Like for instance: Stock Market ? If, so -- I would like to know why it is always America that the whole world depend on when it comes to Stock Market for businesses ? I wonder, do each foreign country have their own Stock Market to help their own businesses without dependin' on our country ? I know, it is wrong to rely other foreign country's oil like the one in Saudia Arabia, but at the same time our American people don't want to drill in our land for oil -- save that alone in case for America's emergency when the time comes. I mean, just in case if, other foreign countries decide not to help America.

And, also I recalled readin' one of books, it tells about 3 or 4 different militaries/armies from other foreign countries to take over our country to send some American people to their foreign countries. For example: it explained about our American troops and that they need to be sendin' out to other foreign countries instead of protectin' our country, because if, American troops stay in our country, then they will feel sympathy to see American people suffer in the hands of foreign armies/troops ( abuses, tortures, and etc., etc. ). Foreign armies/troops will not feel sympathy toward American people. They are trained not to feel for other " foreign " people who don't live in their same country.

If, you ask me what foreign troops are. They are Russians, Chineses, Germans troops... more like " communist " troops. In book, it tells about the color of their United Nations caps. One foreign troops group's caps would be blue, and the other foreign troops group's caps would be red ... etc., etc. And, they will be dividin' all over in our country. America will be dividin' into parts and people can not escape from their own state to another state. The White House already have their own blue print for everythin' to prepare ahead if, ONE BIG " screw up " hits. We, the American people don't know anythin' about their plans and they don't want us to know what their plans are, because it will cause people to panic. They want to cover its lid and stay right there.....until the BIG ONE " screw up " takes over. When THAT happens, we are on our own without assistance.

The book I read gave me deep graphic and large picture to get the idea, so I will know what it really is, but that book don't give the real exact picture of what actual event will happen. But, it does give me some ideas. The other book is more intense to read... it's called " Red Alert." I read that book back in 1980's. I don't forget what that book was all about. Very intense book.

Just reply in bolded, yes, many other countries have stock market, it's normal for them to make share or invest with economy over world.

For oil in Saudi Arabia, Saudi is our friend and there's nothing is wrong to import the oil, economy wouldn't growing without import the oil because our domestic oil is limited then we have import the oil to keep the track, for me, I support drill the oil, I had changed my mind after used to against on it and don't know about congress would work out with lift the restriction to drill the oil (offshore and AK), this restriction law was very old.

In case, if middle east, including Saudi refuse to give oil to us then we can buy oil from other countries, such as Canada, Mexico or somewhere in South America. OPEC is partly blamed on expensive oil price and I believe that OPEC made biggest mistake with oil price but some oil countries aren't member of OPEC.

you're talking about peacetime. when it comes to war, economy's of no concern... economy's already at standstill when it comes to war. your dollars and coins mean nothing. the system is broken. the government is broken (as what OP said when the government has collapsed). It is now switched to war effort - the manufacturing of weapons (exactly like WWI & WWII). Plenty of those kind of factories in Virginia, Texas, and bunch of other states.

California and Washington will be hit first by Chinese or other invader. and when that happen - Californians will run away to East. Fear not... we will regain it back later.

Funny thing is... all these invasion stuff.... it makes a cool movie or game. it's pretty cool to fantasize about it. unfortunately..... in reality....... it's possibly very unlikely that it would ever happen because.. here's a thing - it took USA over 6 months to mobilize about 200,000 troops and tanks/choppers/etc to Iraq in 1991. Now how can invader actually mobilize that massive amount of troop QUIETLY to America without anybody knowing it? It's very easy to spot massive mobilization with spy satellites and it's very easy to discover this thru "chatter"

to be continued......

Not necessairly.....

Remember after the Crash of '29 when the US was in a Depression--it was the war that brought us out of the Depression. Sometimes war can be a boon or a bust for our economy. Afterall we do have to make weaponry for the soldiers.

Secondly I don't think that theCchinese will attack California and Washington first--afterall why attack the mainland when you still have a naval port still intact-- Hawai'i-- as they can come from the behind the Chinese to attack? It would be a military blunder. If the Chinese attack Hawai'i first--at least the western states will be ready for an all out attack.

If we have to surrender a couple states to the Chinese--I suggest New Jersey. :) (j/k Jiro :lol: )

Of course all this is hypothetical--in actuality-- I think that the US will just lose it's standing as a economic world power but nevertheless still retain itself as an influential partner in global affairs.

Well! As far as Im concern, it was with great interest that I read a piece of articles in the paper last summer. Here it goes! Supposely that China sent in over 500 million soldiers across Alaska and march toward across Canada to USA! Would we be wipe out??

I think somehow, world has lost a bit of faith in China due to their goods being tainted with lead or other chemicals.

If China does not support America in debt, then China probably won't survive on it own...after all who would trust China enough to doing the trade of goods?

There are discussing on TV at one time about people all over world may decide to go back to buying American goods even though it may cost $2 more, but at least we know it may be more safe than buying from other countries like China.

I don't mind going back to buying thing that is made in America.

Anyhow, I am with Jiro on what he said.

And this does sounds like it will make a good video game or movie. :)

If we HAD to sell to another country, I hope it's England. That way, everything stays the same... cuz we're already English. ;)

to be continued......

Bold fonts in the quote, actually California, Oregon, and Washington, also including Alaska was attacked by Japan. Alaska was the only state that Japan ever seized on America, and Oregon was only the state that Japan ever attacked the civilians.

Well! As far as Im concern, it was with great interest that I read a piece of articles in the paper last summer. Here it goes! Supposely that China sent in over 500 million soldiers across Alaska and march toward across Canada to USA! Would we be wipe out??

Russian government would not permit this at all... Neither does Canada. That means.... 3 countries against China... epic fail.

Not necessairly.....

Remember after the Crash of '29 when the US was in a Depression--it was the war that brought us out of the Depression. Sometimes war can be a boon or a bust for our economy. Afterall we do have to make weaponry for the soldiers.
yes... losing California does not make a huge dent on weapon manufacturing. At least the weapon factory plants in mid-west will have more manpower especially from fleeing Californians.

Secondly I don't think that theCchinese will attack California and Washington first--afterall why attack the mainland when you still have a naval port still intact-- Hawai'i-- as they can come from the behind the Chinese to attack? It would be a military blunder. If the Chinese attack Hawai'i first--at least the western states will be ready for an all out attack.

If we have to surrender a couple states to the Chinese--I suggest New Jersey. :) (j/k Jiro :lol: )
which is precisely why you shouldn't attack Hawaii first. You attack mainland first then hit Hawaii. Once you attack mainland.... the damage's already done and it's too late for navy to bail them out.

Major shipping ports on West Coast (there are over 29 ports) -
California - Los Angelos, Long Beach, San Diego, Oakland, so on...
Washington - Seattle, Tacoma

if I remember correctly - approximately 45% of Chinese products go thru West Coast via shipping ports. Now you see why I picked California and Washington as first target for Chinese? Simply hide military inside gigantic cargo/tanker ships. worse of all.... our military (especially tanks/strykers/etc) cannot be mobilized quickly enough thru major cities. California National Guards will have to defend long enough to evacuate the Californians. That's how we'll lose our Western states.

Of course all this is hypothetical--in actuality-- I think that the US will just lose it's standing as a economic world power but nevertheless still retain itself as an influential partner in global affairs.
yup that is the most likely scenario rather than invasion lol... but it does make a nice movie/game, eh? :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back