Which country would seize when United States of America collapses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend and I had an intense conversation not too long ago about this question.

This is an hypothetical question which got me piqued.

My response to this friend was -

Hmm, That is a good question. There's no telling which country would seize USA; However, USA once was under England's control and perhaps I'm playing the devil's advocate here - It'd be ironic if England actually seized this country again.

What are your take on this?

Could it be China because USA is in a huge debt to them? Could it be India? Could it be one of these Middle Eastern Countries? :dunno:

Discuss with respect, please. :)

I really have no idea about who will invade the US, but I didn't know that US owes China $500 billion? US borrowed money from China? That's really unusual! :shock:

I really have no idea about who will invade the US, but I didn't know that US owes China $500 billion? US borrowed money from China? That's really unusual! :shock:

No, it was the trade debts (not by borrowing).

I apologize, I retracted my statement. I was told it was around that figure but it's not the exact amount. I do know that US is in a huge debt into for them.

I apologize, I retracted my statement. I was told it was around that figure but it's not the exact amount. I do know that US is in a huge debt into for them.

It's all good. I don't think any country in the world is rich enough to buy out the United States.

You were correct that we owe them $500B to China, eventually!

They even said the same thing on the TV news show last week... also John McCain mentioned that once in his campaign. Try Goggle and you will find few sites saying the same thing, too.

It's all good. I don't think any country in the world is rich enough to buy out the United States.

Perhaps, Perhaps not. I'm just throwing this out in the mix to see how it goes because you know, Howard Hughes tried to buy this country out. In that era, that alone was staggering.

You were correct that we owe them $500B to China, eventually!

They even said the same thing on the TV news show last week.

That's what I thought, Thank you.

I had remembered reading it somewhere but just couldn't exactly remember where it came from, lol.

Didn't we give it some thoughts about it (what if)? Doubt that we did ever. But I recalled once back in the cold war period we were quite considered about the Russians. You recall it, Jodie77 and anybody?

I think it won't happen ever. Hope so! lol

Didn't we give it some thoughts about it (what if)? Doubt that we did ever. But I recalled once back in the cold war period we were quite considered about the Russians. You recall it, Jodie77 and anybody?

i remember the cold war and our concern over the russians.

in fact, i remember it quite well.

i also remember when reagan was responsible for the collapse of the berlin wall in 1989.

i wouldn't go so far as to say there could never be another cold war. we live in a very dangerous world which means *anything* is possible. we no longer live in the same world of the 1980s when terrorism was scarce.

You want my answer? none. why? because it costs a SIGNIFICANT amount of money, manpower, and equipment to transport that many soldiers to retain a control of USA. Yes the country will control USA but TEMPORARILY. The history has shown this many times.

2 major reasons why seizing USA will be an epic fail:
1. geographical advantage
let's face it... USA.. 2 major oceans on both sides. There's no easy way to transport a LARGE amount of troops and equipments (tanks/fuel/artillery/weapons/ammo/etc.) across the ocean without getting sunk by American submarines and its naval defense system. Japan tried and failed. British tried and failed. Russia tried and failed. and another reason - USA's simply TOO BIG to control! The invader will risk spreading their lines thin.

2. Amendment 2
good luck, foreigner! There are over 300 million American citizens and over 200 million guns in USA. GOOD LUCK! :mad2:

To answer your question, Jolie...
India? absolutely not. While they have huge numbers of manpower... they lack mindset and especially military infrastructure to seize America. They cannot seize USA without getting seized by Pakistan. Beside India's our friend.

Russia? nope they're not interested at all. They have their own problem to deal with the former USSR countries especially Georgia, Chechnya, Afghanistan, etc... They will attack Russia if Russia sent a significant portion of its military resource on USA.

England? no they're our friend. they will most likely have their own internal problem financially and politically if USA collapses...

Middle East? extraordinary unlikely since their military infrastructure is LAUGHABLE. They don't even have aircraft carrier! How are they going to transport their troops & equipment to USA? Beside - Israel will pound on their ass.

China? Possible but in the end - it will be an epic fail. Most likely scenario to transport significant amount of troops and equipments across the ocean - by using hundred of oil tankers and cargo ships. They will hit the West Coast hard and we will lose 1/4th of USA.

Despite of invasion.... no nuclear war will occur. When you say "USA collapses"..... that means the federal government (White House & D.C.) has collapsed. There is no chain in command. However... the beauty of USA that NO other country has is.....USA has a capability to function as decentralized government... meaning there are 50 states acting independently with their own leaders (Senators/Governor), national guards and citizens. it will no longer be called as United States of America but it'd be simply called as "America". Each state has their own name and flag. Chance is - several states will band together... forming a faction.

It is highly likely that there will be 2-3 factions. The most powerful one will be.... you guess it! Texas! and another faction will most likely be Ohio. Texas has OIL, military, and lands (crops) so this faction will consist of mostly mid-western states while Ohio will control most of Eastern coast. Texas faction will most likely have air & marines superiority while Ohio faction will most likely have naval & army superiority.

The reason why I say it will be an epic fail to seize America is because it is impossible to completely seize USA. Many examples we have seen in history when a nation tried to control numbers of countries -

Hitler - failed
USSR - failed
Roman Empire - failed
Japanese Occupation - failed
British Empire - failed
many more....

God Bless America! that's how much faith I have in America :cool2:

Well, Jiro - it looks like our country, America is already in poverty. America is next to fail.

Well, Jiro - it looks like our country, America is already in poverty. America is next to fail.

so are India, Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, Mexico, etc..... and what happened to them? They're fine :wave:

so are India, Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, Mexico, etc..... and what happened to them? They're fine :wave:

Yeah, many countries with high poverty are still always a country.

Yeah, many countries with high poverty are still always a country.

plus.... never EVER.... EVER... EVER underestimate them... especially their will to defend their own home country... no matter how poor they are. Look at Vietnam, Afghanistan, Cuba, Somalia, etc...

plus.... never EVER.... EVER... EVER underestimate them... especially their will to defend their own home country... no matter how poor they are. Look at Vietnam, Afghanistan, Cuba, Somalia, etc...

Yeah, true. You cannot judge a country by the cover of the book for sure.

Africa is certainly not fine at all. Have you seen South Africa lately? Afghanistan is a hell zone. Canadians are facing more difficulties than ever to fight the terrorists over there. Mexico... well... all of them are coming to America these days.

If any country tries to take over. I'm sure the USA will fight tooth and nails and we will prevail.

No matter what debts we are in. Our country will stay FREE.

Africa is certainly not fine at all. Have you seen South Africa lately? Afghanistan is a hell zone. Canadians are facing more difficulties than ever to fight the terrorists over there. Mexico... well... all of them are coming to America these days.

Russian failed to take over Afghanistan, did they not? British's having hard time retaining control of South Africa, are they not? there you go.

Jodie? Heh! That's all right. ;)

Well, I was kinda a bit young to recall about the Cold War but I do remember there were 'talks' about having the concerns being run so high that it was worrying a lot of us. There are a lot of 'what ifs' questions that is presented out there but it does not mean that it could or couldn't happen. I, too, hope it doesn't happen at all. Nothing is really secure now these days.

You want my answer? none. why? because it costs a SIGNIFICANT amount of money, manpower, and equipment to transport that many soldiers to retain a control of USA. Yes the country will control USA but TEMPORARILY. The history has shown this many times.

Interesting response, Jiro - Although, You have some points that I wanted to ask. While I do agree that USA is far off too big for any other nations to take over. However, What if they had the money, manpower and equipments to be able to pull it off? What if they were able to improve their defenses? If that were to happen, what's going to happen then?

Fail? Well, I don't think America will actually fail. Sure, America may have been through a lot of rough patches in the entire 232 years since the Declaration of Independence was entered - It has not failed. America has been through the Great Depression and did we fail? No, We bounced right back. We are in this current global economy situation and that goes for a lot of other countries too. They are doing fine too.

So, I ask you, Why is it that you think America will be the next to fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back