US policeman used Taser on 72-year-old woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
You stump me? That's as funny as stating that this office maintained his cool.:laugh2:

you sure do laugh alot for someone not stumped and using a easy way out

uh.... wow...... what in the god's name was that post of yours????? a simple yes or no would suffice.

did you know when the speeding ticket is given out - it has officer's signature? what's left is the driver's signature.

So when the officer completed the speeding ticket aka "valid document" and give you the speeding ticket (valid document) for you to sign, would you sign it?

Can't give a yes or no answer when the details are not included to make a yes or no answer possible. As I said, it depends on the circumstances.

Can't give a yes or no answer when the details are not included to make a yes or no answer possible. As I said, it depends on the circumstances.

regardless of what you think you either sign the ticket or go to jail your choice nuff said

let's make it very simple for you. You as that old lady who got pulled over for driving 60 on 45. The officer wrote you a ticket and signed the document and then gave the ticket to you for you to sign it.

Would you sign it?

Not necessarily, Deputy Phife.:giggle:

yes neccasarily thats what the ticket is for your signing saying you promise to go to court to take care of it, if you do not you will be jailed so again you sign it or go to jail

let's make it very simple for you. You as that old lady who got pulled over for driving 60 on 45. The officer wrote you a ticket and signed the document and then gave the ticket to you for you to sign it.

Would you sign it?

Again, not enough details to give a yes or no answer because I was not in that woman's head at that exact moment, and therefore, do not know exactly what the circumstances were, or exactly why she was refusing to sign it. Leave the hypothetical out if it and stick to the actual details that are known.

yes neccasarily thats what the ticket is for your signing saying you promise to go to court to take care of it, if you do not you will be jailed so again you sign it or go to jail

No, it does not. Signing the ticket ONLY certifies that you have received the ticket and been advised of the charges against you. Check the law, Barney.

I suppose the lady ought to feel fortunate he didn't just empty his gun into her. Hmmm.

What To Do If You Got a Speeding Ticket
When you get a speeding ticket, the officer will generally advise you of what you are being ticketed for, give you the ticket to review and have you sign it. Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt; it simply certifies that you received the ticket and were advised of the charges against you. Read more...

Texas Speeding Tickets — Texas Driving University

exactly!!!! simply sign the ticket and you'll be on your way. It is NOT an admission of guilt! By refusing to sign the ticket, you will be arrested.

source
Is signing the ticket an admission of guilt?

No, it's just your acknowledgment of receipt of the notice to appear. Because you are actually being charged with a violation of law, the officer could take you into custody if you refuse to sign the ticket. But, by signing the traffic ticket, you avoid being taken into custody and are actually released on your own recognizance pending the court date. It's in your best interest to sign the ticket, so you remain free and retain your right to show up at the court hearing to dispute it or otherwise resolve the matter.

check out cop forum regarding "refusing to sign ticket"

No, it does not. Signing the ticket ONLY certifies that you have received the ticket and been advised of the charges against you. Check the law, Barney.

that is the law, whether you like it or not, and whats with the name calling? did I make you upset? im sooooo sry. but yeah signing it means you recieve a ticket and you promise youll show up in court or call the court and say how your going to take care of it, that cool jillibean?

Please keep in mind that in Germany there is the Autobahn whereas in USA, there is no Autobahn. We have the freeway but our freeway limits are much lower than the Autobahn.

Our general speed limits are much lower than the Autobahn so keep this in mind.

source

Actually, I´m well aware of this.

"Autobahn" is a German word, "Freeway" is a US word and British word is "motorway". All are the same but different langauges.

Yes, 80 mph is limited in Autobahn but we are allow to drive more than 80 mph in the autobahn. If accident involved, vehicle insurance cover the cost for up to 80 mph limited for damage... I have to pay out of my pocket for the damage from 80 mph. It´s our responsible.

I was in the USA and feel :zzz: when I was on the US freeway for approx 10 hours due limited speed driving. It does the same as in Australia but Australia´s speed driving limited is better than US speed driving. I told my ADer friend that I can image if there´re unlimited speed driving like Germany´s autobahn speed law on the freeway, then it would takes us less than 5 hours drive instead of 10 hours... :lol:

I was being warn before visit the USA that speed driving in the USA are very low and make feel sleepy. That´s why I said that 60 mph speed is too low to my eyes.

Again, not enough details to give a yes or no answer because I was not in that woman's head at that exact moment, and therefore, do not know exactly what the circumstances were, or exactly why she was refusing to sign it. Leave the hypothetical out if it and stick to the actual details that are known.

*sigh*

ok then let's make a simple scenario for you. You were driving to wherever you're going via freeway. You were speeding 60 on 45. You got pulled over and it's same old traffic pull-over. Cop approached to you, asked for your license, registration and insurance. Cop went back to his car, wrote you up the ticket and then walked back to you for you to sign the ticket.

Would you sign the ticket?

*sigh*

ok then let's make a simple scenario for you. You were driving to wherever you're going via freeway. You were speeding 60 on 45. You got pulled over and it's same old traffic pull-over. Cop approached to you, asked for your license, registration and insurance. Cop went back to his car, wrote you up the ticket and then walked back to you for you to sign the ticket.

Would you sign the ticket?

jillio just answer the question allright.

ill answer it if I sign the ticket no prob ill go to court and contest it but if I knew I broke the law willingly then id pay fine, if I dont sign ill be hauled off to sing sing without jiros specially priced sunglasses

My view is logical, objective and rational. The few ADers in here shared same view. I'm here to lecture you on American laws and to make you understand DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE.

I´m well aware of US traffic law but I am here to voice my view why I disagree...

My perspective - she broke the law - speeding, refusing to sign the ticket, and resisting arrest. IMO - she should STFU and suck it up. She's very lucky to get off with just "resisting arrest" charge.

Actually, she violated the traffic law for 15 mph over speed limit but it´s not necassary to arrest her and taser her. It waste taxpayers´ money for arrest her over that 15 mph over speed limit.

Police Officer is very lucky that a lady is survived... What if she killed by taser... Occchhh

good gracious, Bucket. I overlooked your post. forgive me.

Dear sweet Jiro..

I need to ask you several things that you're very passionate about.

You're very passionate about following the law, CCWs, adhering to societal expectations and so on..

If you recall my post here..

post 62

I'd also like to bring up your signature.. time for you to use your sunglasses and see this situation from an outsider's perspective like I am doing. I'd also love to give you my white cane so you can emphasize like I am doing.

Compassion, my dear Jiro.. is what I feel you need to use in this situation instead of being a stickler for the law.

Some laws are meant to be broken to see the real picture.

Granted, actions have consequences and in the long run.. situations become much better because compassion was used.

Dear Jiro.. try using this
blind.gif
instead of being :cool2: .. compassion, dear Jiro.
yes I'm all about safety for all including law enforcement officers. Officers have to deal with many kinds of situation that were not in their trainings nor book. They do the best they can. They are humans, not robots. Some are more compassionate, some are too procedural. I lean toward to compassionate part because police officers are our community peacekeepers, not Gestapo secret police. However - we have to understand that while it may looks cold to us - the officers are trained to handle the situation as according to the procedures. The officer is trained as according to the procedure to subdue the hostile person for everybody's safety until the things can be sorted out.

good. very good. so do you understand that it's the law to sign the ticket and that you can get arrested for refusing to sign the ticket?

Yes I understood and agree that she should get a ticket for speed driving, not arrest and taser, period.

If she refused to sign then let her... she will get a letter by post... It´s more than just ticket her. this is a simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back