US policeman used Taser on 72-year-old woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't. You can also sign the ticket, and just mail in the fine. And what about the people who sign the ticket, don't pay the fine, and then don't show up at court, either?

Common sense, Jiro.

My hubby didnt get the notification for his court appearance so he missed court and got arrested as a result.

My hubby didnt get the notification for his court appearance so he missed court and got arrested as a result.

Exactly. If you don't show up for court, the judge issues a bench warrant for failure to appear. Guess they should have just tazered your hubby!:giggle:

No it doesn't. You can also sign the ticket, and just mail in the fine. And what about the people who sign the ticket, don't pay the fine, and then don't show up at court, either?

Common sense, Jiro.

so you won't sign the speeding ticket if that happened to you?

Exactly. If you don't show up for court, the judge issues a bench warrant for failure to appear. Guess they should have just tazered your hubby!:giggle:

Ohhhh, if that had happened, there would be hell to pay!

I will sign it but I still dont think one should be tasered for refusing to sign a speeding ticket.

you forgot to insert the statement - Do you think one should be tasered for aggressively resisting arrest and being combative & argumentative?

I see no such thing that supports your statement.

Mrs Winkfein was eventually charged with resisting arrest

Eventually, means not at the time, but at a time distant from the actual incident. Not now. Later. Some time down the road.

I will sign it but I still dont think one should be tasered for refusing to sign a speeding ticket.

Agreed. It does not have to be signed by the person to be a ligitimate document of violation.

you forgot to insert the statement - Do you think one should be tasered for aggressively resisting arrest and being combative & argumentative?

No, unless she has a weapon in her hand.

go figure. Just like Liebling. oh well :)

Thank you.:ty: I am honored to be compared to someone who believes that tazering an old woman is absurd and bullying behavior.

Mrs Winkfein was eventually charged with resisting arrest

Eventually, means not at the time, but at a time distant from the actual incident. Not now. Later. Some time down the road.

right and? It's not uncommon to get charged for something later. That's when the things calm down and the officer was able to re-assess the situation. The officer's main priority was to secure the situation and to subdue a non-compliant person.

Again - I see no such thing that supports your statement - "She was "later" charged with resisting arrest, in an attempt, no doubt, to somehow mitigate the absurdity of the officer who tazed her. He did not charge her with resisting arrest at the time of the incident."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back